Class of 2016 - RB/ATH Jack Wegher( FL) - Committed to Purdue Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/ATH Jack Wegher( FL) - Committed to Purdue Offered

He's actually a RB/ATH right now, but obviously could play WR I'm sure. 5-11, 200

His brother, Brandon, plays for the Carolina Panthers

offered.

CL you looked busy so I wanted to help out...
I_love_you_too.gif

Just watching his film right now for the first time. Really good burst and speed. Has the ability to make people miss, as well. Like the way he runs an awful lot. Looks very, very smooth running the ball. I will very happily take this kid.

Is there a reason why we are offering kids that are already committed? Does that mean the staff feels they have a chance at flipping them? Do they have a relationship with them from recruiting at BG?

Is there a reason why we are offering kids that are already committed? Does that mean the staff feels they have a chance at flipping them? Do they have a relationship with them from recruiting at BG?
With Wegher, they were recruiting him (and had offered) at Bowling Green so yes, they are going after preexisting relationships with kids they lost to P5 schools. Now that they're at a P5 school themselves, my guess is they think it evens the playing field.

By the way, I want to say again: I really, really like this kid's film. Looks like a terrific athlete, whether he plays WR or RB (and I think it's 50/50 where he winds up).

With Wegher, they were recruiting him (and had offered) at Bowling Green so yes, they are going after preexisting relationships with kids they lost to P5 schools. Now that they're at a P5 school themselves, my guess is they think it evens the playing field.

Must be hard to flip a kid this late in the game...would be a great sign if they are able too.

Must be hard to flip a kid this late in the game...would be a great sign if they are able too.

One thing going for the staff is they have a preexisting relationship with these recruits. So the chances of flipping are greater than just going after someone out of the blue.

This kid is an earlier enrollee as well. This would have to happen quickly. Purdue is a bit in flux though, so you never know...

This kid is an earlier enrollee as well. This would have to happen quickly. Purdue is a bit in flux though, so you never know...

I just looked at Purdue's schedule this past year...interestingly they got beat by Bowling Green. Wonder if this kid watched that game. ;)

If he visits I would imagine the odds are rather high, kid would be great in this system, inside/ slot receiver.

I agree with Jeke, I like everything about this kid especially his balance after being hit. I definately would take this kid and he would shine in HCDBs system.

Brother of Brandon, the star of the hit series Undrafted. The father was fantastic- he said that he basically nurtured all of his boys to be football players- kind of reminded me about what I heard about Marv Marinovich. Brandon fell off track before basically crashing the NFL this year as an undrafted D2 free agent.

On a side note, Brandon had an uncanny resemblance to Tim Riggins from Friday Night lights both physically and emotionally from what I could see.

I want this kid wearing Orange!!

I know SU needs all the talent they can get but depending on what the roster spots look like I would rather see where Tisdale is before we look into kids like this.

Hopefully Dino and the rest if the crew are planning on making a push on him very soon.

I know SU needs all the talent they can get but depending on what the roster spots look like I would rather see where Tisdale is before we look into kids like this.

Hopefully Dino and the rest if the crew are planning on making a push on him very soon.
I'd love to get Tisdale as well as this kid. I really like this kid's film. He's a terrific looking athlete.

I'd love to get Tisdale as well as this kid. I really like this kid's film. He's a terrific looking athlete.

I'm wondering if they are looking for upgrades to the current commits before they honor their offer. I would feel bad for a kid to get recruited over like that but as we all know BIG TIME college football is BIG BUSINESS.

I would just really like to see something from the staff reaching out to Tisdale.

SYR2RDU said:
I'm wondering if they are looking for upgrades to the current commits before they honor their offer. I would feel bad for a kid to get recruited over like that but as we all know BIG TIME college football is BIG BUSINESS. I would just really like to see something from the staff reaching out to Tisdale.

Thought the same. But you need to be careful. A prospect may decide to take another offer while you're looking at others. Then you wind up with no one.

Thought the same. But you need to be careful. A prospect may decide to take another offer while you're looking at others. Then you wind up with no one.
Agreed. Some of our commits are solid to SU but are getting visits from other schools, so at some point there is a little bit of "bird in the hand" stuff to think about.

Agreed. Some of our commits are solid to SU but are getting visits from other schools, so at some point there is a little bit of "bird in the hand" stuff to think about.

True. But another way to look at it is that our new coaching staff might have different criteria for the prospects at various positions, to fit their systems. I love the class we've lined up, but it stands to reason that some of the guys might not fit the new direction our coaches want to implement on both sides of the ball. So while it would be great to keep our class intact, I have no problem with the new staff prospecting. Shoot the moon.

True. But another way to look at it is that our new coaching staff might have different criteria for the prospects at various positions, to fit their systems. I love the class we've lined up, but it stands to reason that some of the guys might not fit the new direction our coaches want to implement on both sides of the ball. So while it would be great to keep our class intact, I have no problem with the new staff prospecting. Shoot the moon.
There is a very limited window for "shoot the moon". Dead period starts 12/14 and goes until 1/13, the holiday season for SU starts soon and there are only 5 of the current class with ovs set up at this point. A lot for this staff to do in a short time.

There is a very limited window for "shoot the moon". Dead period starts 12/14 and goes until 1/13, the holiday season for SU starts soon and there are only 5 of the current class with ovs set up at this point. A lot for this staff to do in a short time.

Good thing they've already gotten off to a good start.

And also a good thing that we have a relatively small class to fill this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom