Class of 2017 - RB BJ Daniels (FL) Verbal to UTSA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB BJ Daniels (FL) Verbal to UTSA

If true, then my guess would be that Stritzinger is slotted at DB.

Maybe. If I am not mistaken, Stritzinger has stated he chose SU over Michigan because he wanted to play RB... who knows what is true? Maybe the staff feels like he is probable to flip late to a big factory and hence the "maybe 2".

My assumption is that they want Daniels and Pierre is being groomed to fill a late spot that opens due to a flip or Daniels goes to USF. Absolutely no inside info just reading tea leaves.

In other news, Neal is almost definitely going to play slot next year, so it would make sense for us to take 3 RBs this class to have competent depth at the position. Here is the 2017 Depth at Skills:

QB
Dungey
Mahoney
Culpepper
DeVito
(assume Wilson takes degree and leaves)

RB
Strickland
Fredericks
Stritzinger
(Daniels)
(Pierre)

Outside WR
Ish
Custis
Butler
Womack
Encoiy
Palmer
Jordan
RTB
(Grad Transfer?)

Slot
Irv
Neal
Riley
Perkins
Johnson
Johnson
(assume Avants takes degree and leaves)

TE
Hackett
(JUCO?)
(Grad Transfer?)

We will definitely need at least two more bodies at TE (if not just for a few formations and specials). We are ok in the slot. Staff is addressing RB's lack of depth. Outside we have some talent but would like another Grad transfer, so the younger guys have more time develop and someone else to compete with Custis/Butler. I think WRs around the country will be lining up to join.

This sounds like an athletic guy who could play QB, but only complete 34% of his passes.
frabz-i-see-what-you-did-there-97ec1f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom