Class of 2017 - RB BJ Daniels (FL) Verbal to UTSA | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB BJ Daniels (FL) Verbal to UTSA

I am definitely in the camp that we need to take 3 to 4 risky kids a year. some work out most won't but we have to hope the upside of the few that do will make it worthwhile. in our recruiting position this is reality.

I am definitely in the camp that we need to take 3 to 4 risky kids a year. some work out most won't but we have to hope the upside of the few that do will make it worthwhile. in our recruiting position this is reality.
I'm not crazy about this approach. it nearly never works out for us and Syracuse is left with holes to fill after signing day.

If Cuse continues to seriously recruit a kid with academic liabilities, it needs to also recruit like that player will never make it to campus. In this case it means Syracuse needs to try and get one more RB commit, especially with Fredericks departure

I'm not crazy about this approach. it nearly never works out for us and Syracuse is left with holes to fill after signing day.

If Cuse continues to seriously recruit a kid with academic liabilities, it needs to also recruit like that player will never make it to campus. In this case it means Syracuse needs to try and get one more RB commit, especially with Fredericks departure
The other thing that needs to be considered is the strength of the existing culture. If you have kids who are strong leaders and zero tolerance for bs in the classroom, etc it allows you to absorb a few kids who are questionable. They have a greater chance of buying in and actually get their sit together if thats the example that is set around them. A weak culture only gets worse when you add bad apples.

The other thing that needs to be considered is the strength of the existing culture. If you have kids who are strong leaders and zero tolerance for bs in the classroom, etc it allows you to absorb a few kids who are questionable. They have a greater chance of buying in and actually get their sit together if thats the example that is set around them. A weak culture only gets worse when you add bad apples.
Could not agree more with this

Risky kids are fine if the house is full. You get 100 offers a year, but only 85 spots.

Just putting this here as he and the O Line coach at UTSA are following each other.

From the Ri/vals UTSA page. I can't show the pic attached to the article but it is his pic from Ri/als camp that he has on his twitter page. And it's a pay article so I can't read it.

Final stretch to National Signing Day
NSD is less than 30 days away and UTSA is looking to close out their 2017 class with a bang.

I have seen he has ben following UTSA guys WKU people for a while on his twitter page.

If a kid flips from Cuse to USTA he has such poor judgement I don't even want him here.

If a kid flips from Cuse to USTA he has such poor judgement I don't even want him here.
He may have no choice if the grade rumors are true. In fact, if his grades are as bad as reported, I wouldn't be surprised if BJ ended up going the JUCO route.

Grades. Im sure cuse has known this for a long time. Not to beat a dead horse but What happened with Jordan F. Kid was our best back showed so much as a true frosh. Gatorade player of the year and good in school. Makes zero sense.

Ya, publicly decommits while in San Antonio. I bet there was a mutual parting long before his trip to the Lone Star state.

He must think he's at Texas A&M.

CUSE ditched this kid long ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom