Class of 2016 - RB/CB Darius Stubbs (GA) Verbal to GA St. | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Darius Stubbs (GA) Verbal to GA St.

It takes 15 minutes to call a kid his family and coach. Let them know that you are evaluating the player and will be back to them with x amount of times with a commitable offer or not. There is no reason not to reach out to these kids. zero

It takes 15 minutes to call a kid his family and coach. Let them know that you are evaluating the player and will be back to them with x amount of times with a commitable offer or not. There is no reason not to reach out to these kids. zero

I don't disagree, but there are viable reasons. The new coaching staff is trying to recruit their own players, and had time constraints associated with the dead period. Taking 15 minutes times X number of players in the existing class might not seem like much, but that is hours of time that could be devoted to watching film on other prospects, scouting, or actually trying to build relationships with prospects that the new staff feels are better fits.

They're also down a couple of coaches, and working short staffed currently.

Not "excusing" their behavior, but there are reasons.

That is not what you said in your original post..."offer to your number one choice and wait for him/her to accept or decline before you offer number two".

These kids accepted the offer when they gave a verbal commitment.
Yeah, I should have clarified that the new coaching staffs number 1 is different than the old staffs, which is why they don't rescind the offer that was made by the old staff, even if they prefer someone else. I admit it is muddied when the staff (aka hiring manager) changes. But, I stand by my statement that the player is not committed (fully accepts the schollie offer) until he signs, which also clouds things.

I was trying to work within the hiring manager analogy that was offered by Antiprodigy, when, in hindsight, there are flaws to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom