Class of 2016 - RB/CB Darius Stubbs (GA) Verbal to GA St. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Darius Stubbs (GA) Verbal to GA St.

Whitey23 said:
I felt they could have waited looking at his other options currently. Thought they were going to take things slow.

Unless he's above those other guys on their board.

Stubbs and Riggins are athletes who can play multiple positions. I would not be surprised to see Stubbs in the secondary. Stubbs is listed as a CB over at one of the sights. Riggins can play DE, LB, and TE. Shafer has been said in the past that he wants players that can play multiple positions. If Bryant and Neal want to both come they will have a slot.

I see great speed and a strong first cut. Vision in the hole. Keeps the legs moving after contact too. This is a solid player.

Could be David Walker with more speed, or Damian Rhodes with more drive and better vision.

If he doesn't pan out at HB, then move him to corner or even safety.

Florange 44

This is not a criticism but an observation. I am among those on here that sing your praises for your hard work and excellent and timely information. However, I visit the Rivals, . . . , and . . . . . sites daily, as I am sure you do. I am confident if you used the . . . . . data rather than the Rivals rating and dates, you would find higher ratings for almost all of the lower half of the commits above. That said, personally, I find Rivals very slow and as a rule lower ratings of Syracuse commits. As an example, if you visit Rivals at this precise moment, you will find that they list 7 Syracuse commits, when we know it is 9, 10 if you count Gianetti. If you follow them daily, you know this is not an aberration. It is standard performance. You can draw your own conclusions, but once again thank you for your efforts.

LOL. No I don't visit Rovals or Skowt daily. I have no subscription to either site.

And this fine work is not mine but rather tep624..it comes from a thread which he maintained all last year for the 2015s as he is doing this year with the 2016s.

Last edited:
OK, I see .....

Tell me I'm wrong. Hudl vids don't run well on my computer for some reason.

Stubbs and Riggins are athletes who can play multiple positions. I would not be surprised to see Stubbs in the secondary. Stubbs is listed as a CB over at one of the sights. Riggins can play DE, LB, and TE. Shafer has been said in the past that he wants players that can play multiple positions. If Bryant and Neal want to both come they will have a slot.

Bird in the hand is I believe the coaching philosophy here. This kid has a big upside.

Unless he's above those other guys on their board.
Ya but he's cuse is his best option and new guys are always popping up for a myriad of reasons. It's not even July yet. I would hope that they could pry him from Furman if they waited until later in the year.

1. Personally idk why we took him so early. And am I the only person who likes Tre Bryant as much if not more than RW?

Yes you probably are but I respect your opinion, just don't agree with it. RW is the superior player. As far as Stubbs I am glad the staff moved on him, he is going to get big offers going forward. He looks like he is 210 lbs, even though he is about 190. Huge legs, great open field runner, strong and with nice speed. I like Bryant and Neal too, would love them both if possible

Darius, welcome to the Syracuse Football family!
Darius Stubbs 1548616.jpg

Only you people would complain about a Georgia athlete that can play multiple positions, and the strengthening of our recruiting in the deep south. Jeezus.

Really like the pickup. In seeing Lester's offense and what he runs in high school, I can see another reason they like him. Does a lot of things our H will do.

I don't see so much of the shiftiness everyone else does, but what I do see is this:

1) patience to allow zone blocking schemes to develop
2) one cut runner looking to get North and South
3) good speed
4) above average strength and power
5) vision - sees the lanes and hits them

Quality pickup from Georgia. I'll take it everyday of the week.

Really like the pickup. In seeing Lester's offense and what he runs in high school, I can see another reason they like him. Does a lot of things our H will do.

I don't see so much of the shiftiness everyone else does, but what I do see is this:

3) good speed

What I like is how fast he accelerates after his cut,seems to hit his high gear really quick...doesn't mess around, sees and goes

What I like is how fast he accelerates after his cut,seems to hit his high gear really quick...doesn't mess around, sees and goes
Exactly, get up in there and we out.

Ya but he's cuse is his best option and new guys are always popping up for a myriad of reasons. It's not even July yet. I would hope that they could pry him from Furman if they waited until later in the year.

As long as Furman is the only competition later in the year.

As long as Furman is the only competition later in the year.

What I saw on his film, they won't be. I think this kid is a steal and can't believe he has gone unnoticed this far by other P5 schools

What I saw on his film, they won't be. I think this kid is a steal and can't believe he has gone unnoticed this far by other P5 schools

Id agree.

I think it's clear we're not afraid to tell other kids to wait. This isnt a bird in hand situation. They love this kid.

3) good speed

Agree. One cut and then huge breakaway acceleration to outrun defenders. Not as shifty as Moe Neal or Tre Bryant but honestly, as long as he can find a seam he doesn't need to be.

It looks like he plays in a well coached league as his defenders are running just as hard as he is when they are chasing him. They don't let up even if he is way ahead of them.

Darius is now rated as a 3-star prospect by ESPN.

They know what they are talking about. Unlike Rovals and the Crystal Ball people who both have him at 2 stars. Not sure what film they are watching.

Darius is now rated as a 3-star prospect by ESPN.

Regardless of rating, this kid is a stud athlete. Exactly the kind of athlete we need to close the playmaking talent gap with our peer programs. He'll be a very good player for us down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom