Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine

Discussion in 'Football Recruiting Forum' started by tboxCUSE92, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Josh Mack

Josh Mack Walk On

Boxer's fracture...will be back last game of season. Tough kid...played with the fracture against OP last week.

HeaterCuse22 and TheCusian like this.
  2. money3189

money3189 All Conference

The word was he broke it prior to his last game. If that is true, he's is truely a tough kid.

ArchDuke and SUskibum like this.
  3. Josh Mack

Josh Mack Walk On

Yeah. Helmet to hand against Fairport. Didn't want to come out of he game. I had to tell the coach to sit him second half. Doc ok to play OP game and get fixed on Monday. Only took about 30 minutes to fix. He's already to come back but has to go 10 days minimum. Got full motion and strength. Pain gone as well. Real blessing!

Cusepats, Rocco, ArchDuke and 3 others like this.
  4. Josh Mack

Josh Mack Walk On

What's the deal with this Preferred Walk-on offer we received from CUSE? Joshua currently has full-ride offers from UTEP and URI. Univ of Cent Conn and Maine has him on top of their leaderboard. Got an official visit coming up at Old D. Also recently received a call from Kansas expressing their interest. His mother and I would like him to stay close to home and attend SU, but we can't turn down a full-ride offer to a good school. Considering the current state of SU football, I think they are making a major mistake by under-valuing his ability.

5. RoofBeam

RoofBeam Scout Team

New coach, new philosophies, new assessments....it might be a good idea to see what happens with the new staff before closing the door on SU.

MSOrange likes this.
  6. PAcuse

PAcuse Starter

I would hold off on your judgement of SU until a new coach is in place. Follow suit to what the other recruits are doing, stand pat and see who gets hired.

MSOrange and sutomcat like this.
  7. sutomcat

sutomcat 2016 Iggy Winner Staff Member

This is true. A couple of years ago, Chauncey Scissum was in exactly the same position Josh is in now. He wanted to go to SU but Doug Marrone was the HC and he decided not to offer him. Once he left and Scott Shafer was named the new SU HC, one of the first things he did was offer Chauncey, who immediately accepted. He is starting at free safety now. To further the comparison, Chauncey is also from the Rochester area.

I would sit tight and see what happens. I don't think it will take long for SU to name the new HC.

8. money3189

money3189 All Conference

I was gonna say exactly what Sutomcat said. New staff may love what they see in him but take his visits to all those places you mentioned, if he likes one of them commit. Just re-evaluated your options if SU or any other big school come in with a late offer. He is a talented kid. Thanks for keeping us updated on his recruitment.

weedsportwarriors likes this.
  9. Josh Mack

Josh Mack Walk On

Hey...thanks for the good advice...

10. money3189

money3189 All Conference

Just let me know in anyway I can help. Not sure if I told you but Im good friends with his uncle Earnest, Essie's brother. So I hope the best for Josh.

11. Josh Mack

Josh Mack Walk On

Great choice for new coach! What are the next steps for recruiting? Joshua is a little bitter about the last staff. Got official visits to Old D, UTEP coming up, and URI (this weekend). His mother and I really want him at SU!

12. Crusty

Crusty Living Legend

The rest of the BG staff are staying to coach their bowl game so, I imagine you will hear from Dino or Eric White etc. One thing is for sure and that is we will need corner backs.

13. Czar

Czar All Conference

As others said, wait and see what Babers says or if he offers. If not though, honestly, getting an education for free, rather than possibly taking on a bunch of debt to possibly get a break later, seems like the best move.

14. Josh Mack

Josh Mack Walk On

Still have not received a favorable response from the new SU coaching staff. Will verbally commit this week but I would like for it to be SU.

15. Orangepace

Orangepace All Conference

Did you get any response?

16. Josh Mack

Josh Mack Walk On

Got this from Wittkie,

"I appreciate your direct and forthright response. Your passion for your son’s ability is understandable and you certainly have right to your opinion. We were thorough with our evaluation of Joshua and were direct and honest ourselves in communicating that to you. Joshua is a fine player and has accomplished many outstanding things on the football field – we recognize that and applaud him for his efforts. However, we do not have a scholarship for him, that does not mean we think he is a poor player and I believe it is unfair to say we have a serious misconception about athletes from Upstate New York. We are committed to evaluating all of the top talent in the area and trying to keep that talent at Syracuse. Could Joshua be a preferred walk-on for us – yes, I believe he could, but again I am not going to commit to that until we have all of the information we need on not only seniors coming out in the ’16 class but also all of the players on our current roster. As you mentioined we will keep Joshua in mind and will contact you with any pertinent information."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    Honestly, I think these guys are continuing the same theme of under-valuing New York State players. How many players has this new team signed from NY? If you look to states like Texas, Florida, Arizona, California, etc. you will notice that most of the players are from within the state, regardless of their record. UCF was 0-12 last season. Many Texas teams were under 500 but 90% players are from Texas. SU has 15 players from Florida and only won 3 games per season the last two. Mainly because they got 15 players that no other D1 schools in Florida wanted. When is SU going to figure it out? I thought things would be different under Babers, but its not starting out that way!

money3189 likes this.
  17. bnoro

bnoro All American

That seems like a pretty fair email and it doesn't seem like they're under-valuing him at all...

The Florida kids have been some of our best and most explosive players on the team, definitely not the problem.

18. TexanMark

TexanMark Tailgating Guru

Josh...you might remove your response...just my opinion.

Don't burn your bridge...

Frozen, CU44SE, RMH44 and 6 others like this.
  19. TexanMark

TexanMark Tailgating Guru

Has Colgate or UB shown interest?

20. BKCuse

BKCuse 2nd String

Josh I love how hard you go for your son's football career. Unfortunately it sounds like he's just short of being a P5 player. Very few kids are good enough to get those offers but the good news is he's prob better off at a school where he can play.

I'll be rooting for him wherever he goes

Josh Mack likes this.