Class of 2016 - RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty

Joshua had a great game yesterday against Henrietta. He ran for 342 yards and 4 TDs on 34 carries. We had breakfast today and talked about Syracuse. He likes Syracuse and would be interested in attending. I think it would be a good fit for both!
Has he heard from the staff?

Joshua had a great game yesterday against Henrietta. He ran for 342 yards and 4 TDs on 34 carries. We had breakfast today and talked about Syracuse. He likes Syracuse and would be interested in attending. I think it would be a good fit for both!
Has he visited campus or camped at SU? Just curious. He sounds like a talent.

We have not received any contact from SU yet. I emailed his NCSA file to the recruiter, maybe he will respond some time soon. Would like to attend any upcoming camps.

We have not received any contact from SU yet. I emailed his NCSA file to the recruiter, maybe he will respond some time soon. Would like to attend any upcoming camps.
What schools have shown interest?

Rochester puts out top notch athletes every year. I don't think the athletes around here would take kindly to that kind of judgement. You are entitled to feel anyway you want, but we have competed with competition all across the east coast over the years and the results have been the same. Football and basketball. This young man has excelled at all levels. Competition could be better anywhere you go but that does not take away this young man's skills. Maybe it's judgement like yours that cause the best athletes in SU backyard to go elsewhere. Don't judge the competition, evaluate the skills of the athlete is how I've always done it.

its nothing against your son but RB is a position they have targeted other players its nothing personal its just the nature of recruiting. I wish you well.

No...I understand I have often made mistakes with my targeting of athletes just to see the ones I under estimated out perform my targets. It happens all the time! Besides, we got another year to go. If Syracuse has other plans then that's fine with me. I wish Syracuse well.

No...I understand I have often made mistakes with my targeting of athletes just to see the ones I under estimated out perform my targets. It happens all the time! Besides, we got another year to go. If Syracuse has other plans then that's fine with me. I wish Syracuse well.
Nobody here speaks on behalf of the school and coaches. I hope they give Josh a look. Looks like quite the athlete. Please don't take the message board fodder personal.

Pittsford plays at Aquinas Saturday night. SU has already offered Jamir Jones of Aquinas. Maybe one of the coaches will show up Saturday to see Jones and Mack.

During the build up to last week's game Jarron Jones said in a couple of interviews that he was very interested in SU but wanted to get away from home. The oldest brother was an SU commit but didn't qualify.

well Pittsford played Aquinas and for the second time this season I believe Aquinas shut him down. From what I hear AQ's QB was declared medically ineligible after easily knocking Pittsford out of playoffs, but unless the AQ QB was playing linebacker I don't think the Rochester faithful can claim that Mack was shut down because of cheating. So after losing the game handily, Mack's team is given the victory by forfeit and he proceeds to run wild over a pathetically weak RH defense. Is Syracuse obliged to offer an average RB because he lives close. No other schools have offered right? I will gripe a little about kids in NY that others out-recruit us on, but this isn't the case here. Sorry, but this post almost sounds like pleading for an offer from someone close to him.

well Pittsford played Aquinas and for the second time this season I believe Aquinas shut him down. From what I hear AQ's QB was declared medically ineligible after easily knocking Pittsford out of playoffs, but unless the AQ QB was playing linebacker I don't think the Rochester faithful can claim that Mack was shut down because of cheating. So after losing the game handily, Mack's team is given the victory by forfeit and he proceeds to run wild over a pathetically weak RH defense. Is Syracuse obliged to offer an average RB because he lives close. No other schools have offered right? I will gripe a little about kids in NY that others out-recruit us on, but this isn't the case here. Sorry, but this post almost sounds like pleading for an offer from someone close to him.
Mack rushing for under 100 yards vs Aquinas doesnt indicate how good or bad he is. Lots of D1 backs have been shut down by teams in h.s. Dontae Strickland had a 80 yard game this season. Pittsford does not have a sophisticated offense. They have 3 run plays. lol.. His lack of offers at this point doesnt mean much. This is the first year of him blowing up. Akeel Lynch, Ollison are two NYS RB's who were not being recruited until after their juinor years. They both ended up having multiple offers. Let his film get out, hit up some camps. Give it some time.

Just to be clear, second game against AQ was 175+. Yards and 1 TD. And the first game was an extremely cold night in Rochester when no one played particularly well. Not concerned about offers, I personally have always loved Syracuse and followed football and basketball since one of my high school under class an, Derrick Coleman, attended SU. I want to see SU win and it would be great if my son was there to contribute. That's my take. Between his academics and athletics, he will get offers. He is also an excellent BBall player. Just at a bad school, Gates Chili, last couple of years. Off to BC at the end of the month...gotta keep options open. By the way, last week RH was a top seed. Now they have a terrible defense because of the 342 yard 4 TD performance. Yeah it must be the defense...I get it!

Josh Mack said:
Just to be clear, second game against AQ was 175+. Yards and 1 TD. And the first game was an extremely cold night in Rochester when no one played particularly well. Not concerned about offers, I personally have always loved Syracuse and followed football and basketball since one of my high school under class an, Derrick Coleman, attended SU. I want to see SU win and it would be great if my son was there to contribute. That's my take. Between his academics and athletics, he will get offers. He is also an excellent BBall player. Just at a bad school, Gates Chili, last couple of years. Off to BC at the end of the month...gotta keep options open. By the way, last week RH was a top seed. Now they have a terrible defense because of the 342 yard 4 TD performance. Yeah it must be the defense...I get it!

Hope he gets the chance to play here. Rooting for him, no matter where he goes. Even ... BC... Ug.

Pigskin...you sound like an AQ fan. Some of my former players play for AQ. But
they made their own mistakes...not caused by Pittsford. But you gotta get your stats right before to proceed to reach conclusions. This is a great blog site and it's ok to disagree and I totally disagree with everything you said. Stay positive!

I live in Fairport, coach a spring sport in Irondequoit, but will have to start rooting for Josh and hope he gets a look from SU. Graduated Colgate but have a grad degree at SU, so one of those two schools being on his radar would be great.

Pigskin...you sound like an AQ fan. Some of my former players play for AQ. But
they made their own mistakes...not caused by Pittsford. But you gotta get your stats right before to proceed to reach conclusions. This is a great blog site and it's ok to disagree and I totally disagree with everything you said. Stay positive!

not really. post about Mack has nothing to do with aq. My opinion is my football opinion. Mack reminds me of Bam from Schroeder last season. Hell of an athlete. My post was intended more so about the perceived slight somebody seems to feel because he hasn't been offered yet. If he is that good over a significant period of time, offers will come. Had he transferred from Gates to Pittsford a year earlier and had 2 seasons of film, maybe things would have picked up for him by now. I imagine he wishes he made the move sooner.

Not sure how he did in sectional title loss to Victor but his team was held scoreless 23-0

Yea...had 147 yards on 29 carries, and 2 catches for 30 yards. I seriously question the play calls in the red zone three times. No way Pittsford should have lost! Correct calls would have negated scores of Victor. As a coach, I just don't understand the calls...no chance calls. Transfer timing is fine, we got another year to go. Got 3 or 4 interest this season. Off to BC at the end of the month. Next year should be interesting. If I'm not mistaken, Bam did not play against AQ. Size was an issue for him as well. Got film from previous years that I recorded...coach for Gates does little to promote his players...does not use Hudl or Maxprep...A real disappointment!

Yeah they have no clue but its my job to teach them the history. This also gives them faith. They have to believe they are the next one. I do realize that NYS is not a hotbed but Rochester has lots of talent.

Can you direct the staff to Joshua Mack. I want to see this kid up at SU.

I am totally surprised Mack doesnt have offers. Could be grade issues. He goes to a good academic school. I know he is a Urban Suburban kid

Last edited:
I am totally surprised Mack doesnt have offers. Could be grade issues. He goes to a good academic school. I know he is a Urban Suburban kid
Started out as Urban Suburban now mother lives in District past 2 years. Been to several camps this summer. UTEP offered, invited to Marshall camp and did very well. Working with recruiter Jamarr Williams out of Florida. Grades not an issue. Scored 23 on recent ACT+. Will take it again. Cumulative GPA is currently 76. Already earned 22.5 credits. Will work to max out GPA senior year. I would like to see him at Cuse along with his friend and former teammate Demetrius Breedlove. These two guys started playing football together at 5 years old and were a great combination for years. I talk to Demetrius last week about Cuse and he is interested. Cuse gotta do a better job of attracting local talent. If UTEP can fly up twice and offer Joshua Mack, what the heck is wrong with Cuse staff? Stop falling in love with the myth about players from the South.

Started out as Urban Suburban now mother lives in District past 2 years. Been to several camps this summer. UTEP offered, invited to Marshall camp and did very well. Working with recruiter Jamarr Williams out of Florida. Grades not an issue. Scored 23 on recent ACT+. Will take it again. Cumulative GPA is currently 76. Already earned 22.5 credits. Will work to max out GPA senior year. I would like to see him at Cuse along with his friend and former teammate Demetrius Breedlove. These two guys started playing football together at 5 years old and were a great combination for years. I talk to Demetrius last week about Cuse and he is interested. Cuse gotta do a better job of attracting local talent. If UTEP can fly up twice and offer Joshua Mack, what the heck is wrong with Cuse staff? Stop falling in love with the myth about players from the South.
Buffalo needs to get on board first.

Yes that myth that the south produces so many talented players ... NYS is just churning them out left and right ... between Ebo, Chad Kelly and Ishaq we have a real All American squad. Maybe if the local talent didn't overstate their value they wouldn't get passed over ... why repeatedly go after kids that think they are too good to give you the time of day and don't want to be there? Go flounder at ND, PSU, Clemson or where ever else they feel the need. If NYS produced as much as GA, FL, AL or even TN then SU wouldn't have to go south.

Yes that myth that the south produces so many talented players ... NYS is just churning them out left and right ... between Ebo, Chad Kelly and Ishaq we have a real All American squad. Maybe if the local talent didn't overstate their value they wouldn't get passed over ... why repeatedly go after kids that think they are too good to give you the time of day and don't want to be there? Go flounder at ND, PSU, Clemson or where ever else they feel the need. If NYS produced as much as GA, FL, AL or even TN then SU wouldn't have to go south.
Really don't understand your point. Are you speaking from personal account. It's not about the volume, it's about the talent and the academics. Poverty drives the desire in the south. I'm from the south and taught in New Orleans. Guys look at sports as an opportunity to get out of poverty in the South. But many miss one major point, EDUCATION! Getting a scholarship and keeping them are two different things. My cousin is a recruiter in Florida. Although they have talent, they can't get the guys to get an 18 on the ACT. He's been begging me to let my son live with him for past two years! The South may turn out more talent in volume, but we got em beat on academics! I'll take a good talent with good academics from the North (New York) over great talent with low academics from the South any day! As for Cuse going to the South, it haven't produced a successful team. So maybe they should seriously reconsider this practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom