Class of 2016 - RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/CB Joshua Mack (NY) Verbal to Maine/Transferred to Liberty

CIL said:
His film reminds me a bit of Mike Jones who played for a few years and was switched to WR. They both have an upright, gliding running style.

Damien Rhodes. Same number too.

It's hard to tell how good he is because the competition is so so bad. It looks like a bunch of broken plays against opponents that can't tackle. Makes it tough to tell how fast he is too.

I hear your concerns, but I believe that good coaches at the next level makes all the difference to talent coming in. Josh's running has always been based on reading the defense and capitalizing on the opportunities. Junior year film show more burst as needed. Just game one and no second half action. In terms of competition, I looked at Miles Sanders (#1 rank in country) competition ranked 7000+ nationally! More to come...
Game 2 -first half only

I'm going against the grain here but I'm not sold. There are two things that would make me hesitate on offering Mack (specific to our offense)

I don't see the agility or initial burst we like in this zone scheme. We like one cut and up the field. Think of Erv and Moe. Fredericks is very decisive when he hits the hole and has great feet. I don't think it's a great fit here to be honest.

His film reminds me a bit of Mike Jones who played for a few years and was switched to WR. They both have an upright, gliding running style.
I'm going against the grain here but I'm not sold. There are two things that would make me hesitate on offering Mack (specific to our offense)

I don't see the agility or initial burst we like in this zone scheme. We like one cut and up the field. Think of Erv and Moe. Fredericks is very decisive when he hits the hole and has great feet. I don't think it's a great fit here to be honest.

Only game one. Check out junior year

I watched his junior year. I think he is a good football player but not a good fit for syracuse's current system.

There are plenty of good players that don't fit in SU's 2-3 zone either.

I watched his junior year. I think he is a good football player but not a good fit for syracuse's current system.

I would agree. I don't see where he would fit in Lester's offense.

Yeah. Your probably right. I've been checking them out this year. They don't seem to have a strong focus on running the ball much!

Is this kid legit 6'1" and 200+? If so, and academics are in order, I'm shocked at the lack of offers. Whether it's at RB or as an athlete he looks good enough to be on a D-1 roster at some position.

He absolutely torched my team last Friday and he only played a quarter of football. lol, he's only played two quarters this season and probably has 350 yards rushing and about 150 receiving. Another 300 on Spec's. I think he can play RB or the HB in Lester's system. He is very impressive and like I said, I am completely surprised that he only has 1 offer.

He absolutely torched my team last Friday and he only played a quarter of football. lol, he's only played two quarters this season and probably has 350 yards rushing and about 150 receiving. Another 300 on Spec's. I think he can play RB or the HB in Lester's system. He is very impressive and like I said, I am completely surprised that he only has 1 offer.

Money you know how much I like the kid. Is his listed size 6'1 200 legit? I mean that's great size for a CFB RB. I think he'd be fit in great with our offense if those measurements are close to correct. Same thing with Turner for eXB.

Not sure why there aren't more offers, but you have to figure he got caught up in the "we will only recruit one running back this year" thing. Might still be the case if the other guy is still a possibility.

Money you know how much I like the kid. Is his listed size 6'1 200 legit? I mean that's great size for a CFB RB. I think he'd be fit in great with our offense if those measurements are close to correct. Same thing with Turner for eXB.
He's my height. Im 6'0 even. He is a muscular 195- 200.

image.jpg
Here's a better look.

NYS only plays 8 regular season games. Thats not enough to develop players.

My understanding that NYS just approved schools to play up to 10 games a year and extended the practice seasons.

With all the 7-on-7, CTC training, and camps available, including off-season team workouts their is enough opportunity for those motivated to get developed. Will the 10 game schedule start earlier in the season or run later in the year?

With all the 7-on-7, CTC training, and camps available, including off-season team workouts their is enough opportunity for those motivated to get developed. Will the 10 game schedule start earlier in the season or run later in the year?

Sounds like after the season - http://nysphsaa.org/News/Article.aspx?id=0a07272d-817f-4277-9301-ec3ac90dfda2

"Section I representatives received approval to allow all football teams to play a 10th game inclusive of the Sectional Championship game. Currently, only those teams who played in the Sectional Championships were permitted a 10th game. Beginning with the 2015 season, teams will have the option to petition their Section for the opportunity to play a 10th game if they do not play in the Sectional Championship game."

for many schools this will not happen. I know most class c /d teams dont want the 10th game. its not budgeted and many of those schools have roster issues by that time of year.. it also bleeds into bball practice

He could be a real good compliment to Jordan Fredericks. We could use two power backs in this offense to go along with all the XB we have.

He has a real strong desire to win. Needless to say, he called most of the plays in that game. Really understands what it takes to beat difficult opponents. Still have not heard from Cuse staff! ???SMH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom