Class of 2018 - RB/CB Zhamaine March (MI) Verbal to NIU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB/CB Zhamaine March (MI) Verbal to NIU

https://michiganpreps.n./news/eevp-s-2018-ath-zhamaine-march-earns-first-offer

Free article

EEVP's 2018 ATH Zhamaine March earns first offer

Branden Hunter | Senior Writer

y6k4apv3q7iocbny30cu

EEVP 2018 athlete Zhamaine March.

How fitting is it that Detroit East English Village Prep sophomore, Zhamaine March, earned his first offer on the first day of the month of March? The 5-9, 165-pound cornerback/running back received his first offer of the process from Syracuse, by defensive line coach Vinson Reynolds.

"I was in the middle of weight-lifting practice, and Coach Oden (EEVP head coach) they wanted to talk to me," March said. "He (Vinson) was asking me about my forty, and what my grades were looking like, and said that he had been watching me since I played against Henry Ford. Then he asked me 'how would you like it if I offered you?'"

And, of course, March was excited about earning his first scholarship for football.

"I was really excited, and I didn't know what to say," March added. "I really didn't expect an offer to come this early for me. I really didn't talk much Syracuse: they just always said how they were watching me.

"I'm really excited and happy about the offer, and I just want to keep working."

Syracuse is recruiting March as an athlete, waiting to see how he develops physically, and what position he will fit best at. March played a lot of running back for EEVP this past season, but probably figures to be a cornerback at the next level with his size, speed, quickness, and athleticism.

March said he did not know much about the Orangemen, but does plan to visit them in the near future, aiming for this spring.

March had a bit of a breakout year in 2015, especially in the backfield, sharing carries with senior Nate Boleware (5-6, 165) who committed to Ferris State. At time you could not tell the two apart, because of their stature, and similar styles of running. Boleware started all four year in the backfield for the Bulldogs, and was certainly someone March learned from last season.

"I learned a lot," said March. "He taught me that size doesn't matter, and that's how he played, and how I played. That's what I learned from him.

"Last year was a hard working year: trying to prove some things, and I think I did."

EEVP lost a bunch of talent at the skill position to graduation, but March figures to feel a few of those voids, at running back, and defensive back. He will be one of the better overall athletes in the city. March said he does not plan to let this first offer got ot hos head, and still has a lot to prove.

"I've been lifting weights a lot, and preparing to run track," March said. "I plan to show why I have this offer now, and all the others that will come, and just continue to work hard."

Visited yesterday with 2018 Tyrone Sampson who was offered.