Class of 2017 - RB Damone Drew (VA) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Damone Drew (VA) Offered

Well that's funny as I spoke with someone who said Drew didn't know and tweeted out his commitment before he ever spoke to the coaches and found out his commitment wouldn't be accepted. Sorry but I put more stock in my source.

CuseLegacy said:
Well that's funny as I spoke with someone who said Drew didn't know and tweeted out his commitment before he ever spoke to the coaches and found out his commitment wouldn't be accepted. Sorry but I put more stock in my source.

That's too bad, I feel for the kid. But, these kids should understand that they need to contact the staff first.

Why would you tweet first, call coaches 2nd? Obviously, the staff feels they have a couple other prospects and may have told the kid if you commit now, then offer is good, etc. Who knows, I usually will side with the adults here and not a kid who tweeted before picking up the phone, but such is life with today's youth, surprised he didn't snap chat dino

I'm sure no one here will be surprised, but the Syracuse paper this morning had a 19 paragraph article about the Drew situation and a 6 paragraph article about our new commit Curtis Harper.
Why I don't click there, and haven't for a while.

Cusester said:
I'm sure no one here will be surprised, but the Syracuse paper this morning had a 19 paragraph article about the Drew situation and a 6 paragraph article about our new commit Curtis Harper.

I'm sure it's just full of quotes from the staff since they can't comment at all. You'd think Syr.com would learn. It's the kind of thing that ticks off the coaches.

Why would you tweet first, call coaches 2nd? Obviously, the staff feels they have a couple other prospects and may have told the kid if you commit now, then offer is good, etc. Who knows, I usually will side with the adults here and not a kid who tweeted before picking up the phone, but such is life with today's youth, surprised he didn't snap chat dino

just as long as Draymond Green doesn't Snapchat Dino...

Agree, the coaching staff throws a bunch of offers out there 12-18 months prior to signing day. There isa vibe, communications, and signs given about levels of interest. This kid met a hot girl, asked her to go to his buddies wedding un a year, his relationship faded over a few months, and then he texted her asking...Hey! What are you wearing to the wedding!? ...months later. Recruiting is dating;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom