Class of 2015 - RB Deltron Sands (FL) Verbal to Oregon State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Deltron Sands (FL) Verbal to Oregon State

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
  • kmbx5m7J.jpeg

• 2015 St. Thomas Aquinas RB Deltron Sands was offered almost instantaneously after the staff watched his tape. Sands is an explosive running back that can break open on any given play. Right now, Arkansas, Auburn, FAU, UF, Miami, Syracuse, West Virginia, and Western Michigan are all recruiting him hard, but Sands said that Maryland is the favorite. It’s still very early, and Jalen Tabor reminded us that just about anything can happen these days.
  • From

Is there some connection to Maryland? That seems odd

Didn't I read somewhere that Rocco Casullo was going to start sending some of his players our way? I know we are involved with Sam Clausman but to date we have not gotten a single commit from St. Thomas. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Perhaps the old man's grudge extends to the new staff and the school that gave him his first break, I hope not.

We have gotten players from other Florida High Schools such as Dwyer, Miami Central (3), North Miami Beach, Atlantic Community, Lake Highland, American Heritage School, Miramar and Dade Christian.

St. Thomas RB Delton Sands says he plans on committing to Maryland

Last edited:
Didn't I read somewhere that Rocco Casullo was going to start sending some of his players our way? I know we are involved with Sam Clausman but to date we have not gotten a single commit from St. Thomas. Perhaps the old man's grudge extends to the new staff and school that gave him his first break, I hope not.

We have gotten players from other Florida High Schools such as Dwyer, Miami Central (3), North Miami Beach, Atlantic Community, Lake Highland, American Heritage School, Miramar and Dade Christian.

The staff just offered Clausmans' team mate Colin Byrne... there is a thread on him. We are the first offers for both.

The staff just offered Clausmans' team mate Colin Byrne... there is a thread on him. We are the first offers for both.
Well I hope we make a break through there soon, it would make a great pipeline to get us where we want to be. To get this program back to greatness we must utilize every connection we have. St. Thomas is as good as it gets for us.

Didn't I read somewhere that Rocco Casullo was going to start sending some of his players our way? I know we are involved with Sam Clausman but to date we have not gotten a single commit from St. Thomas. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Perhaps the old man's grudge extends to the new staff and the school that gave him his first break, I hope not.

I thought I have read a couple articles where Casullo said he likes Shafer and would like it for some of his players to come here. I know last year we couldn't even get a visit from Corey Holmes, and we all knew his Father starred here. Maybe we are trying to show our commitment to the relationship by taking a chance on offering 2 of his lesser recruited players?

Personally i'd rather see us offer Rocco a job on our support staff, a la Ice Harris to Miami. He'd be a perfect liaison to South Florida HS coaches.

Wasn't Dorian Graham from STA?

got a RB from there too. Forgot his name and I dont know what happened to him

got a RB from there too. Forgot his name and I dont know what happened to him

Jeremiah Harden, he ended up transferring out to FIU and played there for 3 years.

Kevyn Scott was from STA as well.

The last guys we landed from STA were under GROB in 2007 and 2008. Kevyn Scott was in 2007 and he was about as under the radar as it gets, Harden and Graham were a higher level of recruit but still would be considered second tier in Florida. Even during the years that Bob C. was on Marrone's staff we didn't land anyone from there, and before him coming back for Marrone's staff we weren't really landing anyone from there of a high profile, so not sure exactly what the deal was.

Bob Casullo likes HCSS as does Rocco ... different relationship than FHCDM

Bob Casullo likes HCSS as does Rocco ... different relationship than FHCDM
I hope we make a recruiting break through at STA with some of the A list players they produce every year.

It just takes one to get the ball rolling.

I know we are up against very tough competition for this talent.

I hope we make a recruiting break through at STA with some of the A list players they produce every year.

It just takes one to get the ball rolling.

I know we are up against very tough competition for this talent.

I guess things can change with more wins, and obviously on a player by player basis, but if we can't even get a kid like Holmes to visit i don';t think our chances are that great. That's not to say the So Florida B listers are anything to be mad about.

He'll have to locker box AJ for it.
With A.J. being such as Cuse guy, he would probably hand it over willingly if thats all it took to get an elite talent in the door.

If we get this kid thank AJ for giving up number 4 and thank William Likely of Maryland, a second year kid who is their number 4. Guess he doesn't want to give it up.

If we get this kid thank AJ for giving up number 4 and thank William Likely of Maryland, a second year kid who is their number 4. Guess he doesn't want to give it up.

If Aj really gives up number 4 for this kid, he is amazing! What other 19 year old, top recruit himself would do that! Thats simply awesome!

If Aj really gives up number 4 for this kid, he is amazing! What other 19 year old, top recruit himself would do that! Thats simply awesome!

Totally agree. Sands said SU will give him 4, so AJ would have to give up the number so I guess he is willing! The number is huge to this kid, tribute to a friend who died.