Class of 2015 - RB Deltron Sands (FL) Verbal to Oregon State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Deltron Sands (FL) Verbal to Oregon State

Totally agree. Sands said SU will give him 4, so AJ would have to give up the number so I guess he is willing! The number is huge to this kid, tribute to a friend who died.
That makes a little more sense as to why he is obsessed with keeping his number.

Was hoping wed get a visit at least - he anounced hes planning on committing to Maryland

Was hoping wed get a visit at least - he anounced hes planning on committing to Maryland
Gotta wonder if Maryland heard his quotes about Syracuse moving up in his mind and tried to force his hand. We've got a long way to go until NSD.

That's cool. I think Sands and Fredricks is the same player. only difference is Sands level of competition is 2 times better than Fredericks. Sands numbers would be the same or even better if he was in Long Island. That doesn't mean Fredericks won't end up being the better college player. So many factors take take place once they step on campus.

That's cool. I think Sands and Fredricks is the same player. only difference is Sands level of competition is 2 times better than Fredericks. Sands numbers would be the same or even better if he was in Long Island. That doesn't mean Fredericks won't end up being the better college player. So many factors take take place once they step on campus.

I don't know after watching the tapes a couple times i'd take Sands without much thought. imo they seem like different players though. i think Fredericks is much more versatile. i actually think he would project as a pretty good safety if rb didn't work out, as for Sands it's rb or bust. both had good explosion, but i liked sands feet a lot more. plus the competition isn't even comparable. with that said i would happily take fredericks.

I don't know after watching the tapes a couple times i'd take Sands without much thought. imo they seem like different players though. i think Fredericks is much more versatile. i actually think he would project as a pretty good safety if rb didn't work out, as for Sands it's rb or bust. both had good explosion, but i liked sands feet a lot more. plus the competition isn't even comparable. with that said i would happily take fredericks.
The competition is way more favorable like I mentioned. I like Fredricks because of his versatility, He is a little bit of a scat back but I think he can get to 5'10 205 range and be a RB that can carry the ball 15-20 times a game and catch 4 or 5 balls. Like you said Sands is RB or bust.

Probably won't play Maryland by the time Sands gets there and plays.

@PLamRecruiting 15m
St. Thomas Aquinas 2015 RB decides to push back decision #Maryland #Cincy #Cuse #acc #aac http://LammerRecruiting.com pic.twitter.com/HpSS67EnmB

FORT LAUDERDALE — St. Thomas Aquinas Class of 2015 running back Deltron Sands has previously planned on committing after the Raiders’ spring football game.

But Sands said Thursday that although he plans to make a decision before the season starts in the fall, he is slowing down the process a bit.

“I’m waiting right now,” the 5-foot-9, 175-pounder said Thursday night after the Gold defeated the Blue 24-11 in STA’s spring game.

Sands said three schools stand out right now: Maryland, Cincinnati and Syracuse.

He said he plans to travel up to Maryland and Cincinnati to check out the campuses this summer.

2 thoughts:
1. it's really just Maryland and Cincinnati he's interested in.
or
2. He's waiting for a Cuse commitable offer. (guessing that depends on Strickland?)

Sands has said he wants to play in the B10 multiple times. Hopefully we land Strickland so we don't have to worry about rb's anymore?

Sands has said he wants to play in the B10 multiple times. Hopefully we land Strickland so we don't have to worry about rb's anymore?
so...
c. he really wants to go to Maryland and he doesn't have a commitable offer so he's waiting?

Deltron Sands #⃣4⃣♏ ‏@LegendarySands4 6m
I commit to the University of Maryland #TerpsNation
1f422.png
1f422.png
1f422.png

How well does Maryland usually do recruiting wise in Florida? I'd assume (except for this guy) it is going to be worse in the future.

They don't do much in Florida as far as I can recall. Maybe Mike Locksley had his wife lease a car and give it to the kid. Or maybe Edsall's great personality won him over

They don't do much in Florida as far as I can recall. Maybe Mike Locksley had his wife lease a car and give it to the kid. Or maybe Edsall's great personality won him over

I have yet to hear an athlete from Florida go ... "Oh I really want to play in the B1G" ... maybe he figures he will have a better opportunity to shine since he won't have to worry about getting murdered by an SEC defense or FSU for that matter.

Free article..
http://2/47sports.com/Bolt/Sands-still-planning-to-take-visits-30284587

Sands still planning to take visits
21 hours ago
Running back Deltron Sands (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) said he’s solid with his commitment to Maryland.
Even so, Sands believes he’ll take official visits elsewhere starting this fall to Central Florida, Maryland and Syracuse.
“Central Florida said they are going to offer me during the season," Sands said. "I'm still talking with South Florida and Syracuse. I’m going to try to go to Florida (if they offer).”
Sands spoke with Maryland area recruiter Brian Stewart four days ago and Terrapins running backs coach Andre’ Powell two days ago.
“They were just checking up on me and making sure I’m alright,” Sands said. “I feel I’ve grown with them. They are not just trying to be a coach. They are trying to be a mentor and father figure to me. Teaching me what to do to be successful.”
The 5-foot-9, 185-pounder visited Maryland this summer.
“I liked everything,” Sands said. “Their football facility is the dopest thing I’ve ever seen.”
The three-star prospect is ranked as the nation’s No. 87 running back and the No. 154 overall prospect in the state of Florida in the 2015 class by 2/47Sports.com Composite Rankings.
As a junior, Sands had 51 carries for 639 yards and eight touchdowns.