Class of 2015 - RB Deltron Sands (FL) Verbal to Oregon State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Deltron Sands (FL) Verbal to Oregon State

PhatOrange said:
I'm just curious is your information gleaned from Scowt or did Tim Lester tell you directly?

Why does it matter?

PhatOrange said:
I'm just curious is your information gleaned from Scowt or did Tim Lester tell you directly?

My information isn't from Skout. Look at the tkme stamp from my original post compared to the original post over there.

Why does it matter?

it matters because it's unlikely anybody in the SU football office is talking to a recruiting site and divulging that kind of info.

A school can host 56 paid official visits. That's a lot. We're not just going to offer officials visits to the 21 kids committed and the 3 additional spots that are open.

Sands being a kid that was high on the board and being at Aquinas (fl) why wouldn't we still be in touch and offering an official visit? What if Strickland per say flips to someone else late in the game?

it matters because it's unlikely anybody in the SU football office is talking to a recruiting site and divulging that kind of info.

A school can host 56 paid official visits. That's a lot. We're not just going to offer officials visits to the 21 kids committed and the 3 additional spots that are open.

Sands being a kid that was high on the board and being at Aquinas (fl) why wouldn't we still be in touch and offering an official visit? What if Strickland per say flips to someone else late in the game?
Strickland's not going anywhere.

Here is the quote that got this whole thing started: "They have a dome and coach Casullo's got a hook-up with Syracuse, so I'll probably take a visit for him to check it out." (St. Thomas Aquinas coach Rocco Casullo is the son of former Syracuse assistant Bob Casullo.)

People automatically assumed we stopped recruiting Austrian Robinson because Eric White stopped following him on twitter (which then makes it impossiible to communicate through DM), so if we were still recruiting Sands why would he stop following him?

People automatically assumed we stopped recruiting Austrian Robinson because Eric White stopped following him on twitter (which then makes it impossiible to communicate through DM), so if we were still recruiting Sands why would he stop following him?

that's a fair point regarding twitter following/not following, but if we're able to tell who we are or are not recruiting based on twitter then that is a recruiting flaw and the staff shouldn't be so transparent.

twitter has unfortunately become very relevant in the recruiting world. I would prefer the coaches stayed away from saying too much on twitter. I remember George McDonald getting into a pissing contest with a fan last year when offense was struggling. He kind of made an ass of himself.

until the ink is dry anything can happen.

I also thought Strickland was mentioned on this board as one of the commits who was a ? academically. This would be my biggest worry right now. As far as Sands and his visit are concerned, I see no harm in bringing another STA kid on campus even if its just for his amusement. It certainly won’t hurt our relationship with the coaching staff there at STA
;)

Yeah it doesn't hurt to have him visit so why not. Plus this kid is good plays a lot bigger then 5'8" 170 pounds. Not saying we do but it would feel nice to steal one from Edsall.

I don't know what will happen but it isn't a bad thing that it's out there that a prospect from STA is thinking about visiting.

Yeah it doesn't hurt to have him visit so why not. Plus this kid is good plays a lot bigger then 5'8" 170 pounds. Not saying we do but it would feel nice to steal one from Edsall.
I'm not sure the staff is going to give out three schollies at RB "Taking one from Edsall" is the very least of their concerns.We have had a high end shorty at RB with Joe Morris shooting through the LOSlike a cannon ball and almost as fast Sands has a lot of that but again the numbers may dictate otherwise.

I'm not sure the staff is going to give out three schollies at RB "Taking one from Edsall" is the very least of their concerns.We have had a high end shorty at RB with Joe Morris shooting through the LOSlike a cannon ball and almost as fast Sands has a lot of that but again the numbers may dictate otherwise.
Yeah I totally agree we aren't taking another running back. I'm just stating that an elite program like STA has kids wanting to visit Syracuse. We have come along way.

Yeah I totally agree we aren't taking another running back. I'm just stating that an elite program like STA has kids wanting to visit Syracuse. We have come along way.

We've had guys from STA attend SU pretty recently

Really? Didn't know that, I thought the coach from STA didn't like us because his dad had a fallout with Marrone, so I thought we just recently started having a better relationship with him. Either way thanks for correcting me and that's good to know!

Really? Didn't know that, I thought the coach from STA didn't like us because his dad had a fallout with Marrone, so I thought we just recently started having a better relationship with him. Either way thanks for correcting me and that's good to know!
No, their coach was still a fan of the program even after the Marrone/Casullo bust up.

My guess though, is that Deltron just wants to come visit with both of his linemen buddies.

We've had 3 guys from STA from the tail end of GROB's reign of terror that played for Marrone. Kevyn Scott, Dorian Graham, and Jeremiah Harden. No commits from there during Marrone's tenure. Coincidence? Maybe. We're definitely back in now which is a good thing.

Thats true but we were shut out for a png while and keeping up with e the other schools there is important We are back in the good graces of the coaches there so its good that we get these visits even though we not be interested in that position any more this year

No, their coach was still a fan of the program even after the Marrone/Casullo bust up.

My guess though, is that Deltron just wants to come visit with both of his linemen buddies.
I think the "bust up was caught by the tv cameras. Marrone looked PO'ed and it seem directed at Casullo from what I can remember.