Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

Devine Ozigbo ‏@DevineOzigbo22 21m
Just been offered by Wisconsin #UofW #GoBadgers #Blessed
1f64f.png

Happy to see that Devine will have some nice choices to play college ball

Based on his running style, a school like Wisconsin would make a lot of sense. A team with a power running game would be great for him.

Based on his running style, a school like Wisconsin would make a lot of sense. A team with a power running game would be great for him.

Understandably the schools recruiting him basically all play the same style. Wisconsin, Iowa, Miami. Interesting enough though he plays in a spread offense, and he says that's what he is most comfortable in.

Looks like Wisconsin is recruiting his school..

Wisconsin just reached out to Sachse (TX) coach Mark Behrens and offered:
2015 big back Devine Ozigbo
2016 WR Devin Duvernay
2016 CB Jared Mayden
Yeah those 2 are very good. Duvernay returned a kick 109 yards for a score last year. He's explosive. They both have some big offers already. Mayden has one from Texas as well as a few others.

I think alot of RB's like to run in spread offenses because they think the lanes are larger to run through and there is less defenders you have to deal with in the box. But the reason for the lanes is a RB's speed and vision to find the lanes. You also have to have athletic ability to make the most of the lanes. You can get away with it in HS more because defensive are not as discipline. In college, its a different story.

Last edited:
maybe this has to do with Fredericks deciding he wants to wait until after the season to commit?

DallasOrange - Do we still have a shot?
Hard to say, we're one of 12 offers now. I do know he really enjoyed his visit, has family in New York and Boston so that will help. I also think our staff does a very good job connecting with the kids. He's stated he wants to commit early, but I'm not sure how early. He has been hoping for this offer... I think we're still in play.

Hard to say, we're one of 12 offers now. I do know he really enjoyed his visit, has family in New York and Boston so that will help. I also think our staff does a very good job connecting with the kids. He's stated he wants to commit early, but I'm not sure how early. He has been hoping for this offer... I think we're still in play.

When you are the kids near favorite school growing up you always have a shot. As you said he has family in the area, he may want to go to school with his friend (DO's youngin) who may well be going to Cuse if I remember the start of this thread well. He has been up and enjoyed the visit.

Obviously things would be much easier if we got on the kid when DO started this thread, as opposed to now, but I don't think we are anywhere near out of it based on what DO has said in the past and what he has said now.

So DO question, how do you think you will be able to support Devine through the process? As one of your sons best friends he will naturally want to talk to you and your family as the process continues. Obviously we all would love to see him at SU, but its gotta be interesting to be part of that inside process.

When you are the kids near favorite school growing up you always have a shot. As you said he has family in the area, he may want to go to school with his friend (DO's youngin) who may well be going to Cuse if I remember the start of this thread well. He has been up and enjoyed the visit.

Obviously things would be much easier if we got on the kid when DO started this thread, as opposed to now, but I don't think we are anywhere near out of it based on what DO has said in the past and what he has said now.

So DO question, how do you think you will be able to support Devine through the process? As one of your sons best friends he will naturally want to talk to you and your family as the process continues. Obviously we all would love to see him at SU, but its gotta be interesting to be part of that inside process.
How do you know?

The staff probably decides how they want to allocate resources and going down to Texas for one kid means they have to do a pretty thorough evaluation of his talent. It's a lot of effort recruiting a kid not in a state that you traditionally draw from, regardless if he has interest in SU or not.

How do you know?

The staff probably decides how they want to allocate resources and going down to Texas for one kid means they have to do a pretty thorough evaluation of his talent. It's a lot of effort recruiting a kid not in a state that you traditionally draw from, regardless if he has interest in SU or not.
I don't want to put words in Libero2 's mouth, but I assume he meant from the standpoint of if the staff had gotten involved earlier, it would have been easier to develop a relationship before all of the other schools became involved. Now, there is obvious ground to make up, but who knows to what magnitude.

I think your second point is more on point to assessing why it took this long to get involved, especially when taking into account the staff's other RB pursuits. It's highly likely they waited so they could evaluate more of the RB's within their primary recruiting territories to assess whether or not this was worth pursuing at all, to which I agree.

How do you know?

How do I know our chances of signing ozigbo would be better if we got seriously involved earlier? It seems like a fairly logical argument to make, the more time you have to craft a relationship with a kid, the better your chances.

Obviously everything you said is true about having to decide how much resources to allocate for one kid. But it seems that we have made the decision at this point that we are interested, hence the formal offer to Devine. Since it appears we are officially interested, i seems logical that the earlier we made up our mind to be interested, the better our chances would be. Just have to hope that Devine still has us in the running, despite wanting to commit early (ish) in the process.

How do you know?

Actually the staff has now offered three prospects in Texas fwiw.

He can keep his number as Flemming will be graduating. Maybe we were playing hard to get?