Class of 2015 - RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI

JeremyCuse said:
Kid has a legit shot at early playing time outside of Erv the position is really wide open.

I fully expect him to be a big part of the offense next year. He is my favorite commit in the whole class.

• 3:59 PM - 3 Dec 2014
    $avage ‏@tae_strick_23 3m3 minutes ago
    Today's mail
    1f34a.png

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 19m19 minutes ago
Dontae Strickland makes an over-the-shoulder interception on an overthrown pass. Not getting much action on offense, but making noise on D.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago
Strickland takes a kick return 52 yards into enemy territory with South Brunswick down 21-7 late. First time he's really stretched his legs.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 17s17 seconds ago
And that'll be the only time. South Brunswick loses to Manalapan 21-7. Strickland's next game (assuming he signs LOI) will be for Syracuse.

Strickland is clearly a playmaker. He could be effective on either side of the ball. But he needs to get touches. We need a good punt or kickoff returner. He'll get a look first on offense, but I could see him at defensive back as well.

Dudes play today makes me question (very minuscule amounts) whether he should be looked at as purely an RB. Instead of playing the other side of the ball.

Gotta think he is going to be used as a running back/slot we need playmakers on offense we have enough young playmakers on defense to be good enough.

This kid is a RB. Do you guys see what he is able to do with that offense? that double wing offense he is in isn't fooling anyone. They are not big upfront. The yardage he put up this year is very impressive especially when each team keys on you. I will say that he would have a great career as a safety too.

Okay, this kid is about as solid as AJ Long was last year. In fact, there seems to be many more commits that are 100% solid and showing it; more than any other year I can recall.

Strickland is clearly a playmaker. He could be effective on either side of the ball. But he needs to get touches. We need a good punt or kickoff returner. He'll get a look first on offense, but I could see him at defensive back as well.

I'm sure he could play either but this is exactly the type of player we NEED on offense.

Okay, this kid is about as solid as AJ Long was last year. In fact, there seems to be many more commits that are 100% solid and showing it; more than any other year I can recall.

Acosta did a great job with him. There was a point I was extremely worried. He definitely had the full court press put on him a couple times, but we did some great damage control. This will be a hard won battle, and him coming up hear and excelling will only make it that much sweeter.