Class of 2015 - RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI

large_041905__44_FO.JPG
I was wearing my jersey when I ran into Coach Mac at a game earlier this year. I said"Hi Coach". He responded, "Nice Numbah".

Braulio Perez ‏@BraulioEPerez 1m1 minute ago
South Brunswick RB/DB and #Syracuse commit Dontae Strickland is the '14 GMC Player of the Year http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/4658846870241583313/south-brunswicks-dontae-strickland-is-the-2014-njcom-gmc-player-of-the-year/…

South Brunswick's Dontae Strickland is the 2014 NJ.com GMC Player of the Year
-0085f805dd902327.JPG

1 / 6
RB Dontae Strickland
Dontae Strickland (3) of South Brunswick carries during the first half of the NJSIAA Central Jersey, Group 5 championship final playoff football game between Manalapan and South Brunswick at High Point Solutions Stadium in Piscataway, NJ on 12/6/14. (Chris Faytok | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Braulio Perez | NJ Advance Media, for NJ.com
By Braulio Perez | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on December 13, 2014 9:40 PM, updated December 14, 2014 11:18 AM

Player of the year: South Brunswick’s Dontae Strickland is a freak athlete and teams in the Greater Middlesex Conference are undoubtedly happy he’s graduating in June and won’t return next season.
The 5-11, 185-pounder put up monsters numbers in 2014, rushing for 1,200 yards and 17 touchdowns. He added 136 receiving yards and another score through the air. As good as he was on offense, though, he was equally impressive on the defensive end.
The senior recorded 61 tackles, 7 interceptions and four sacks. With his quick speed, Strickland would often fly into the backfield to apply pressure on quarterbacks, which would result in pulverizing hits.
Next season, Strickland will be headed to Syracuse University, where he has verbally committed to accept a full football scholarship. He’ll long be remembered by Vikings’ fans, though. He helped the program win a state title in 2012 and led the team to the Central Jersey, Group 5 finals vs. Manalapan this season. The Vikings lost that game, but the Vikings finished the year with an impressive 11-1 record.
“This was my last high school game and I wish we could have come out on top, but everything happens for a reason,” Strickland said following the loss to the Braves. "This is my last time wearing this jersey. It would have felt better if we could have won it, but it’s been a blessing to wear the 'Vikings' across my chest every game.”
Coach of the year: There were several candidates for the 2014 GMC Coach of the Year, but in the end, one name stood out most: Tom Roarty. The Colonia head man would be the first to credit his kids for their season, but make no mistake about it, it starts at the top.
Roarty led his team to its first state final in 29 years. Although the Patriots lost an overtime heartbreaker to Phillipsburg 28-21, the team finished 11-1 and the 11 wins were the most in a season for the program. After speaking with players throughout the season, it was clear that Roarty had his team ready to go since last spring, with the mindset of making history this season. They did just that.
Team of the year: As stated above, Colonia made history in 2014, which is why they’re this season’s Team of the Year as well. The 11 wins were a school record and this year’s team wiped away 29 years of pain in reaching the state finals.
The Patriots were led by offensively by quarterback Tenny Adewusi and Sam Pero, who put up collasal numbers in 2014. Adewusi finished with over 2,600 total yards and 27 touchdowns, while Pero rushed for 1,619 yards and 20 scores.

This kid is a RB. Do you guys see what he is able to do with that offense? that double wing offense he is in isn't fooling anyone. They are not big upfront. The yardage he put up this year is very impressive especially when each team keys on you. I will say that he would have a great career as a safety too.
I agree. No doubt he could be an all conference safety but he has the speed and size to be a legitimate contender for all conference honors at RB too. We don't have a talent like him in the RB group now.

I think Fredericks is very close to him in terms of raw athletic ability. You can't have those two and Perkins all stay at RB. Someone is going to move to safety (where they have a great chance to play right away). My guess is Fredericks is that man.

I agree. No doubt he could be an all conference safety but he has the speed and size to be a legitimate contender for all conference honors at RB too. We don't have a talent like him in the RB group now.

I think Fredericks is very close to him in terms of raw athletic ability. You can't have those two and Perkins all stay at RB. Someone is going to move to safety (where they have a great chance to play right away). My guess is Fredericks is that man.
You could be right about Fredericks. Perkins can also be a safety

Fredericks reminds me a lot of McFarlane when he came in, can play either position and play it well

Strickland will get his first look at tailback, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved to safety.

I'd be shocked if he's ever moved to safety. I think he has a chance to be the starting rb next season .
I am with you 100% on this…

I am with you 100% on this…
Interesting that it's in March. The Upstate-Downstate game was in May or June, was it not?

so i notice the other day there's a 23 post thread on the buttgers premium board titled strickland. today i see there's a strickland thread on the public board saying the premium board laid out the strickland situation. the public board say's he wants to flip but there's no offer for him.

PhatOrange said:
so i notice the other day there's a 23 post thread on the buttgers premium board titled strickland. today i see there's a strickland thread on the public board saying the premium board laid out the strickland situation. the public board say's he wants to flip but there's no offer for him.

He's putting a crazy show on Twitter then. He posts the most to other recruits (though Dunk is catching him) and always puts oranges on everything.

Rutgers board wet dream?

I'd say that his tweets today beg to differ:

$avage @tae_strick_23 · 2h2 hours ago
@DaiEllison_2: If you a $avage & you from Jersey... Join the squad
1f34a.png
#CUSE

$avage retweeted
Trey Dunkelberger7⃣ @TreyDunk7 · 2h2 hours ago
@tae_strick_23: @TreyDunk7 avi is
1f525.png
” ayyeee you want one? I might be able to do it

$avage retweeted
Trey Dunkelberger7⃣ @TreyDunk7 · 3h3 hours ago
Just received my NLI signing the dotted line tomorrow
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png

$avage retweeted
Coach Scott Shafer @Coach_Shafer · 8h8 hours ago
Already missing our team! Can't wait to get them back to go to work! OrangeNation

Yeah, that makes sense. They have one RB committed. You really think they're going to turn down a top 15 jersey recruit if he wanted to go there?

Not to mention, the kid has been a monster on Twitter with his Syracuse stuff...

Rutgers fans are the biggest assclowns around. They're isn't even a close second.

Yeah, that makes sense. They have one RB committed. You really think they're going to turn down a top 15 jersey recruit if he wanted to go there?

Not to mention, the kid has been a monster on Twitter with his Syracuse stuff...

Rutgers fans are the biggest assclowns around. They're isn't even a close second.

Actually ND & PSU fans are a very close second.

Actually ND & PSU fans are a very close second.

At least they have programs with tradition and a long history of success. Rutgers has neither, just the stupidity.