Class of 2015 - RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI

my two favorites:

caliknight:
"Rutgers cooled on his recruitment. There is a reason he is going to losing program."

and this beauty from some other bitter girl:
"Strickland wants to play RB, while Rutgers was recruiting him to play DB. His ego got the best of him, now he is stuck at a crappy program and Rutgers lost interest. He's a good athlete but I don't think he's good enough to break the depth at RB at Rutgers. We could definitely use him on D though"

so i notice the other day there's a 23 post thread on the buttgers premium board titled strickland. today i see there's a strickland thread on the public board saying the premium board laid out the strickland situation. the public board say's he wants to flip but there's no offer for him.

Peyton Manning also wants to hang up his cleats and be Rutgers qb coach but they dont have a spot for him so he's going to wait it out with his part time gig in Denver until they offer.

In other Rutgers world news the sky is purple, grass is now orange, and North Jersey doesn't have a distinct odor.

my two favorites:

caliknight:
"Rutgers cooled on his recruitment. There is a reason he is going to losing program."

and this beauty from some other bitter girl:
"Strickland wants to play RB, while Rutgers was recruiting him to play DB. His ego got the best of him, now he is stuck at a crappy program and Rutgers lost interest. He's a good athlete but I don't think he's good enough to break the depth at RB at Rutgers. We could definitely use him on D though"

Caliknight slightly ranks above an amoeba as far as life forms are concerned. He's probably not the king of the tools, but he's definitely on the court.

there is another thread saying Rutgers is in top two for Jarrett Guarantano. They really are a clueless fan base.

I can almost guarantee that the Rutgers premium guys are getting those comments from Strickland's HS HC. The guy is the biggest Rutgers homer around. He was openly combative with Acosta at times during Strickland's recruitment. There was a moment of danger after Strickland committed, but that has seemingly passed, and he seems one of the more rock solid commits we have right now. His HS HC knows he isn't going anywhere, it's all RU damage control right now.

$avage ‏@tae_strick_23 12h12 hours ago
What an honor to make first team all metro
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
1f3c8.png
http://instagram.com/p/wxOkpNlcUj/

http://www.msgvarsity.com/2014-all-metro-football-first-team-1.1665869

DONTAE STRICKLAND South Brunswick, NJ, 6-0, 185, committed to Syracuse Strickland was the cornerstone of a team that went 11-1, but fell in the Central Jersey, Group 5 championship game this year to Manalapan, recording 61 tackles, seven interceptions (one for a TD) and four sacks. The Syracuse commit, an electric playmaker on both sides of the ball, also ran for 1,200 yards and 17 TDs and racked up 1,946 all-purpose yards.

I'd say that his tweets today beg to differ:

$avage @tae_strick_23 · 2h2 hours ago
@DaiEllison_2: If you a $avage & you from Jersey... Join the squad
1f34a.png
#CUSE

$avage retweeted
Trey Dunkelberger7⃣ @TreyDunk7 · 2h2 hours ago
@tae_strick_23: @TreyDunk7 avi is
1f525.png
” ayyeee you want one? I might be able to do it

$avage retweeted
Trey Dunkelberger7⃣ @TreyDunk7 · 3h3 hours ago
Just received my NLI signing the dotted line tomorrow
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png

$avage retweeted
Coach Scott Shafer @Coach_Shafer · 8h8 hours ago
Already missing our team! Can't wait to get them back to go to work! OrangeNation

The re-renovation of the conference room was well done. I like the S on the head rest, it's pretty unique. In the big scope of things i'm sure this was pretty inexpensive. Small upgrades like this go a long way. It's good to see they keep touching stuff up. Hopefully the medical is up next.

Hay Gang - I've analyzed the film of our New Jersey running back commit, Dontae Strickland! Take a look at my thoughts here: http://.com/gridiron-recruiting-spotlight-rb-dontae-strickland/

I'll tell you this much - Orange fans are going to love seeing this guy in a Syracuse uniform!

Hay Gang - I've analyzed the film of our New Jersey running back commit, Dontae Strickland! Take a look at my thoughts here: http://.com/gridiron-recruiting-spotlight-rb-dontae-strickland/

I'll tell you this much - Orange fans are going to love seeing this guy in a Syracuse uniform!

Love your work as always. One thing point with this part though "but there’s no excuse for an athlete like Dontae to only touch the ball 11 times per game". While I certainly agree in premise, DS actually "cost" himself a lot of carries by breaking long TD runs, kick return TDs, and playing on a team that could've likely run up scores badly to pad stats but had a coach classy enough to not. I feel like he wouldve gotten more carries if he, or his team needed them but his team was well ahead in most games. My favorite example was his stat line in a 40-9 win over East Brunswick 4 Carries 104 yards and 3 TD's.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dontae-strickland/5-Ap3PTxEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

Love your work as always. One thing point with this part though "but there’s no excuse for an athlete like Dontae to only touch the ball 11 times per game". While I certainly agree in premise, DS actually "cost" himself a lot of carries by breaking long TD runs, kick return TDs, and playing on a team that could've likely run up scores badly to pad stats but had a coach classy enough to not. I feel like he wouldve gotten more carries if he, or his team needed them but his team was well ahead in most games. My favorite example was his stat line in a 40-9 win over East Brunswick 4 Carries 104 yards and 3 TD's.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dontae-strickland/5-Ap3PTxEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

While I definitely agree with your example and premise, looking at the whole picture, there were some inconsistencies. Let's take his stat line in a 14-7 win over Piscataway. 8 carries - 61 yards. In a close game? My coaching philosophy that I like to think works is that if you got something they can't stop - keep doing it. It's this reasoning why people are enamored with the fast paced spread on the HS level now. Find a mismatch - beat it - and get to the line of scrimmage/snap it quickly so the defense can't make an adjustment - do it again.

One of my best coaching buddies is the Offensive Coordinator for a running back (Johnny Fraiser - 5* RB commit to FSU - soon to be NCSU - UGH) who made himself look amazing this year by letting Johnny tote the rock whenever they were in trouble. That's the point I was trying to make. If you have someone who's a game changer - let him change the game.

While I definitely agree with your example and premise, looking at the whole picture, there were some inconsistencies. Let's take his stat line in a 14-7 win over Piscataway. 8 carries - 61 yards. In a close game? My coaching philosophy that I like to think works is that if you got something they can't stop - keep doing it. It's this reasoning why people are enamored with the fast paced spread on the HS level now. Find a mismatch - beat it - and get to the line of scrimmage/snap it quickly so the defense can't make an adjustment - do it again.

One of my best coaching buddies is the Offensive Coordinator for a running back (Johnny Fraiser - 5* RB commit to FSU - soon to be NCSU - UGH) who made himself look amazing this year by letting Johnny tote the rock whenever they were in trouble. That's the point I was trying to make. If you have someone who's a game changer - let him change the game.

It's nice to have players that make their coaches look good. This could be one 0f the guys that has quite a few people changing their tune about HCSS and OCTL.

South Brunswick had 2 close games and a 3rd close-ish game v Middletown South. The stat line in that game is about what you or I would be looking for, 15 carries 149 yards 3 TD's, in a 36-24 win. All things being considered though, I'm glad Strickland's coach didn't run him ragged this year because he'll show up on the hill well rested and ready to roll.

Question- When these kids verbal to their college choice do they personally feel the need or get pressured from their future school to limit snaps and/or reduce chance of getting injured? I always wondered if some of these kids are just trying to get to their future school in one piece once they have that relationship and commitment in hand.

Question- When these kids verbal to their college choice do they personally feel the need or get pressured from their future school to limit snaps and/or reduce chance of getting injured? I always wondered if some of these kids are just trying to get to their future school in one piece once they have that relationship and commitment in hand.

I've had the pleasure of coaching college committed athletes - and I've never had pressure coming from future schools. We (as a staff) usually go on with a gameplan of we know we want player A t touch the ball at least 15 plays - what are plays we can set him up to gain good yardage. What plays do we have that we can set up so our money plays will hit big when we run them. We usually have the first 10 plays scripted.

This is me personally, and I hope more coaches are like this, but if I had a player ask me to limit his carries because his recruiter wants him "fresh"; well - I won't post how that conversation would start and finish.

This is me personally, and I hope more coaches are like this, but if I had a player ask me to limit his carries because his recruiter wants him "fresh"; well - I won't post how that conversation would start and finish.

HA! Yeah I would hope our coaches don't ever try that tact either. Essentially telling someone else their job is more important than yours. After all, HS HC's get fired for lack of production as well.

Still glad Strickland only got 10 carries per game. Why? Well if he got twice the carries and double the output he'd have 204 carries 2400 yards 34 TDs... and more stars next to his name and more factory schools knocking down his door. Even twice the carries and conservative 1.5x the output would have him 204/1800/25. Needless to say, I'm happy to have him stay a relative secret compared to the talent he is.

[QUOTE="FinwBsare equally impressive carrying the ball but Strickland also has good receiving skills for the offense Design some routes to get him the ball in space and we will see some long due impact plays. Perkins and fredericks can do the same.

Awesome breakdown as usual. Really appreciate your work and love reading your stuff. I had voted for Mcfarlane to be the starting back in the other thread but after watching his senior highlights for the first time I see Strick overtaking the starting job pretty quick. Looks like he will be the most talented at the position from day 1. For sure the best back we've brought in since DC. Would guess it just depends on how quick he learns the playbook which I would think should easily be doable especially considering he is a RB and we are installing a new offense. And at the very least we finally have a legitimate kick returner for 2015 that i'd expect to break several long ones.