Class of 2015 - RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI

Close

• 3:23 PM - 19 Oct 2014
    $avage‏@tae_strick_23 Oct 19
  • Cuse '15
    1f34a.png
    23-20e3.png
    33-20e3.png

ConnectiCuse said:
FWIW my cousin is his academic advisor. I've asked several times and she doesn't think that he's going anywhere - constantly says that loves Cuse.

I'm sure she isn't allowed to talk about it but did she mention if he was going to qualify?

His running style reminds me of Arian Foster. He gets too holes that it doesn't seem like he can, but then goes untouched.

Braulio Perez‏@BraulioEPerez 26m26 minutes ago Iselin, NJ
Preview: Piscataway HC Dan Higgins looks forward to RBs Elijah Barnwell, @EPierson3 and @tae_strick_23 battle it out http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/1433164444635569040/football-piscataway-coach-dan-higgins-looking-forward-to-fridays-tilt-with-south-brunswick/…

By Braulio Perez | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on October 29, 2014 6:20 p.m.
Reddit
Email
  • 10/31 - 7:00 PM Football
    South Brunswick
    Piscataway
Complete Box Score »
When No. 17 Piscataway hosts 7-0 South Brunswick at 7 p.m. on Friday, Chiefs head coach Dan Higgins knows his team will have a big challenge ahead of them. Piscataway is 6-0 and has recorded three shutouts this season, but South Brunswick’s offense is averaging nearly 36 points per game in 2014.
South Brunswick is led by running back and Syracuse commit Dontae Strickland, who has rushed for 750 yards and 12 touchdowns this season. There’s no question he and several other offensive players will provide a challenge for the Chiefs. On Wednesday evening, Piscataway head man Dan Higgins spoke with NJ Advance Media about Strickland, the rivalry between the two schools and more.
When people hear South Brunswick vs. Piscataway, obviously they think of great GMC football. How much fun is this game each year?
“It’s a fun game. We have a healthy rivalry going back for a bunch of years. Both teams have been competitive and both teams have sent guys to play Division-I football, whether it be Rutgers or other schools. When we get together, it’s a high-quality football game at a high level."
It’s no secret they like to run the ball. They’ve got Syracuse commit Dontae Strickland and a tough runner in Phil Campbell. What must your guys do to try and contain them?
“You said the magic word, it’s contain. We need multiple bodies on the ball. You don’t want to go one-on-on with him (Strickland) because he’s fast enough to beat you. He’s capabale of making big plays, so we’re going to really have to do a good job of our pursuit angles and getting guys to the ball.”
Defensively, your team has allowed 20 points all season and recorded three shutouts. What have your guys been able to do on the field to make that happen?
“Pretty much we’ve just played fundamentally sound on all three levels. The defensive line is pretty solid, the linebackers are doing their job and behind them, the defensive backs are doing what they’re supposed to do. There’s no real weaknesses, so everyone has been playing their position and when you do that, good things can happen.”
You’ve got Elijah Barnwell and Elijah Pierson, who have been able to effectively run the ball throughout the season. Is the plan to feed them the rock on Friday and let them do their thing?
“There’s no doubt about it. That’s what we’re all about. We like our offensive line and we have quality fullbacks and tailbacks. We have two really good ones (Barnwell and Pierson), so that’s what this game will come down to offensively for us.”
With their running backs and your running backs, it’s safe to assume the guys are going to be battling it out all night right?
“There’s going to be some collisions. Their guys play on defense and our guys do too. It’s going to be best on best and that’s what makes this matchup so exciting.”

Braulio Perez‏@BraulioEPerez 10h10 hours ago
@tae_strick_23 comes up HUGE for South Brunswick. Piscataway driving and he snatches the ball from midair for an INT http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-4566853555272430718/halftime-report-south-brunswick-with-a-hard-fought-7-0-lead-on-piscataway/…

MSGV Highlights‏@MSGV_NOC 10h10 hours ago
Watch the game replay of South Brunswick 14-7 football win over Piscataway here http://www.msgvarsity.com/new-jersey/1.1634503… #msgv_live

MSGV Highlights‏@MSGV_NOC 10h10 hours ago
Check out the highlights from South Brunswick 14-7 football win over Piscataway here http://www.msgvarsity.com/new-jersey/1.1646367… #msgv_live

Wouldnt be surprised to see them playing at Rutgers in states

What the heck does that mean?

Okay, just read some more of Hellman's tweets and looks like he's a Rutgers shill on Scout.

I think he meant that the state playoff game might be at Rutgers stadium. The 2013 NJ playoffs had a few games at Rutgers.
Similar to SU hosting State Championships at the Carrier Dome.

I think he meant that the state playoff game might be at Rutgers stadium. The 2013 NJ playoffs had a few games at Rutgers.

lol, thanks. It's been a while since I was in high school. That makes sense.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them playing at Rutgers in states

What the heck does that mean?

Okay, just read some more of Hellman's tweets and looks like he's a Rutgers shill on Scout.

He was talking about the state playoffs, but Hellman is a bigger Rutgers shill then Dohn.

With that said this will still be a fight to the end. I am not nearly as confident in him as I once was.

He was talking about the state playoffs, but Hellman is a bigger Rutgers shill then Dohn.

With that said this will still be a fight to the end. I am not nearly as confident in him as I once was.
I'm pretty confident he will be here without any problems... I do how ever have a pit in my stomach about a couple 2015 o lineman

I'm pretty confident he will be here without any problems... I do how ever have a pit in my stomach about a couple 2015 o lineman

They wouldn't happen to be in Florida, would they?

Are they getting interest from other P5 schools or are they headed to Conference USA?

I haven't heard anything directly but that is more the cause for my worry... I haven't heard anything.

Sounded like the O-lineman were ready to jump a few weeks ago when things were looking bad so not really surprised by this. We need to close the season out strong just to keep some sense of positivity

Sounded like the O-lineman were ready to jump a few weeks ago when things were looking bad so not really surprised by this. We need to close the season out strong just to keep some sense of positivity
seriously i dont understand you watch our offensive line play and you see an immediate chance to play. Plus not too many offers, have fun at marshall?? Hopefully we get lucky and Ward and Roberts pan out for us. Seems like the projects from earlier classes arent panning out.

So we are expecting that the STA guys are potentially headed to Marshall along with Grimes? - all MacDonald recruits? Is he lined up to join the staff there at the end of the season? Man, that situation was seriously mishandled if that's the case.

I wouldn't say we are expecting anyone to jump off. I am just saying my level of confidence for Strickland is high... He talks to all the other recruits and is constantly visiting and excited for syracuse. Some of the oline boys that were all excited have been publicly less than enthusiastic about the offense and the normal go cuse stuff has dropped off. The texting and group chats have been quiet lately aside from the northern recruits. Like I said no direct info just makes my stomach hurt a little more than Strickland

Bambrewer said:
I wouldn't say we are expecting anyone to jump off. I am just saying my level of confidence for Strickland is high... He talks to all the other recruits and is constantly visiting and excited for syracuse. Some of the oline boys that were all excited have been publicly less than enthusiastic about the offense and the normal go cuse stuff has dropped off. The texting and group chats have been quiet lately aside from the northern recruits. Like I said no direct info just makes my stomach hurt a little more than Strickland

Does Shy reach out to them with no response?