Class of 2015 - RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI

Last time I thought we turned the corner was when we blew out West Va in 2011, then we lost 5 straight to end the season, I know we had a lot of injuries but that stung...let's hope this time we actually do.
You and me both

Dare I say, we've turned the corner.

Looking at his film, his speed is extremely impressive. Not many RBs accelerate like he does and not many hit the hole running that fast.

I don't think he is going to be caught from behind. Ever.

Looking briefly at RU sites, it appears he was the top target of the RU Staff at RB this season. Great get. He is going to be very fun to watch play over the next 4 years.

This kids film is definitely one of two things... either this kid has some ridiculous speed and talent or he is playing at a different level than everyone around him. I mean he can out run kids chasing him but its more impressive how bad he makes people miss. Shy and I were watching his film and there is one play he cuts and this kid lands flat on his face in an impressive whiff. We laughed for 10 minutes and kept replaying it. It is very hard to tell watching film if its greatness or terrible competition but either way the kid looked good

Close
Bppr4XQIYAAujry.jpg:large

Welcome to team Orange Dontae! This recruiting thing just keeps on getting better and better.

Nice to grab a top NJ kid. The rutgirls fans are funny. If we're so low life they should feel even worse losing a kid to us.
Frankly, Rutgers never deserved our time and any effort whatsoever. As far as I am concerned, they will replace the Hoosiers as the low life of the B1G, and good ridence to them. NJ kids are and will continue to look to the Salt City, and I see 5-7 great recruits coming out of NJ to us this year, quite frankly were they belong. Like when Ronald Reagon told Mr. Gorbachev to "tear down that wall", so will HCSS break down the "Jersey Barrier" and leave it right where it belongs, right arond Rutgirls University!

Lets beat Maryland until they can't breathe, then take this Jersey momentum into Maryland.

Wow great tape, Welcome Dontae, looked like great speed and elusiveness as well as good hands catching passes pitches and punts. Great Get.

This kids film is definitely one of two things... either this kid has some ridiculous speed and talent or he is playing at a different level than everyone around him. I mean he can out run kids chasing him but its more impressive how bad he makes people miss. Shy and I were watching his film and there is one play he cuts and this kid lands flat on his face in an impressive whiff. We laughed for 10 minutes and kept replaying it. It is very hard to tell watching film if its greatness or terrible competition but either way the kid looked good

Would someone in the know, or local Jersy-ite, be able to inform us of the schools level of HS competition? What section/division does his school play in and how is the competition compared to the rest of the state?

I had read that his coach was trying to steer him to Rutgers, but it's still amazing how bitter he sounds in those quotes.

I had read that his coach was trying to steer him to Rutgers, but it's still amazing how bitter he sounds in those quotes.

Rutgers had their shot with the Jersey kids and did basically nothing with them. SU had and will have them and has had a lot of success with the NJ kids. IMO, these kids are seeing this now and even the coaches can't steer them into that spiraling downward program.

Rutgers had their shot with the Jersey kids and did basically nothing with them. SU had and will have them and has had a lot of success with the NJ kids. IMO, these kids are seeing this now and even the coaches can't steer them into that spiraling downward program.
Chase Rettig's younger brother is transferring from LSU to Rutgers. At least one R poster suggested this will get all of the Jersey kids back.

Chase Rettig's younger brother is transferring from LSU to Rutgers. At least one R poster suggested this will get all of the Jersey kids back.

Yeah because of course it makes perfectly logical sense that a former blue chip QB from California who couldn't cut it in the SEC will help with recruiting the state of New Jersey. Sure.

Yeah because of course it makes perfectly logical sense that a former blue chip QB from California who couldn't cut it in the SEC will help with recruiting the state of New Jersey. Sure.

3rd stringer at that - lol. Who'll have to sit out a year and then play for a new coaching staff next season. sounds great. i'm sure all the jersey kids are drooling.

We saw last year what getting a Blue chip QB transfer is all about, nice kid but not a game changer.

3rd stringer at that - lol. Who'll have to sit out a year and then play for a new coaching staff next season. sounds great. i'm sure all the jersey kids are drooling.

By the time this kid hits the field (bare minimum 2015 if he is their starter then) Rutgers will be a year further down the drain. Maybe if he was a Bosco kid or something I get it but a kid from 3000 miles away that may or may not play for at least a year...yeah ok.

And a year is plenty of time for him to assault someone and get booted, just like their last great QB transfer :) lol

That was a nice pick up for them but "R" has a serious problem with getting qb's to reach their potential. Savage helped prove that once he got the heck out of there.