Class of 2017 - RB Isaiah Miller (FL) Verbal to Oregon State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Isaiah Miller (FL) Verbal to Oregon State

Most likely after Davis went Terp, they ramped up their efforts for this guy. I would bet he is RB target #1 now

Tit for tat Coach Gary Anderson: We have not forgotten about former commit OL Beau Benzschawel. Revenge is best served cold.

Well, to be fair, he was a whisky legacy that they offered only after missing out on higher priority targets...

Well, to be fair, he was a whisky legacy that they offered only after missing out on higher priority targets...

Oh yeah, Beau was praying for that Wisconsin offer. Dream school, but he meant it

For all you Scouts out there, what's the difference b/w his film and Drew's?

For all you Scouts out there, what's the difference b/w his film and Drew's?

Not a scout but I like drews film better.

Was curious to read that temple wouldn't take his commit either. Might be grades.

3-star OL Tyran Hunt, RB Isaiah Miller planning official visits to Syracuse football (Bailey)

It's been a bizarre weekend for Syracuse and running backs. After priority target Tayon Fleet-Davis committed to Maryland on Saturday, the Orange declined a pledge from Virginia prospect Damone Drew on Sunday night.

It appears Miller is being actively recruited as he was verbally offered in mid-June and received his official offer letter from head coach Dino Babers on Monday.

The 5-foot-11, 191-pound Baldwin Middle-Senior (Jacksonville, Fla.) High School senior is currently committed to Oregon State, but said he is "going to get up on an official visit (to SU) as soon as I can." He also recently toured South Florida, another school that has offered him.

Didn't we snatch Devon Clarke from Oregon St. too or no?

Makes sense now. TFD, Miller, Drew were 1,2,3. Miller probably didn't want to miss out on a good spot waiting around for TFD. Now he's #1. Let's hope he commits after the visit. If he doesn't, chances of still getting Drew appear slim now. Though Phat may be right about grades with Drew.

Is he still going to take an official visit here? Actually, now that I think about it, are we actively recruiting any running backs at this point?