Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Top 3 with Butgers and Missouri.

Missouri High Interest
Rutgers High Interest
Syracuse High Interest

Will visit next month. Obviously speed is being emphasized in our recruiting above all else

I'm bored and waiting for a flood insurance guy to come visit my house here in central NY. I figured I would breakdown some film on Ish. I do not claim to be an expert but my football knowledge as a former offensive coordinator/RB/QB coach at the high school level leaves me with the following.
1. His film highlights do not seem to be "speedup" like many recruits are doing today, you can usually catch this by watching the speed of the quarterback, and the players that aren't mixed up in the play. Conclusion-a quick burner that could be very good in the ACC.
2. Vision-natural vision can't be taught and this kid has some great natural vision. Now I realize I was only able to analyze a couple youtube videos, but I can tell he has great vision of the whole field when he is running. This vision allows Ish to make some tremendous cuts.
3. Footwork-Wow, put a foot in the ground and go somewhere with power. On some cuts he is making up 3 to 4 feet of space. Not a dancer, a true plant and go guy. Best trait of Ish lies in his footwork and cutting ability.
5. Puts his shoulders down and rumbles when he has no lanes, I like this because it takes many HS backs time to adjust to the idea that they can't bounce everything outside. Ish doesn't bounce outside much, but when he does he has the speed to get around the end if the DE's have been sucked in.
4. Criticism-not high and tight on his ball handing. Sometimes he carries the loaf a bit lose, but this would be fixed immediately in a college training system.

Overall-If we get Ish, we have a potential future star in the making. I could see him and GMIII really moving the offense down the field. Mix in Ashton and McFarlane over the next couple years and we have a top notch backfield in the ACC.

Here's to you ISH, come join the family. We would love to see you make those cuts in the dome.

I'm bored and waiting for a flood insurance guy to come visit my house here in central NY. I figured I would breakdown some film on Ish. I do not claim to be an expert but my football knowledge as a former offensive coordinator/RB/QB coach at the high school level leaves me with the following.
1. His film highlights do not seem to be "speedup" like many recruits are doing today, you can usually catch this by watching the speed of the quarterback, and the players that aren't mixed up in the play. Conclusion-a quick burner that could be very good in the ACC.
2. Vision-natural vision can't be taught and this kid has some great natural vision. Now I realize I was only able to analyze a couple youtube videos, but I can tell he has great vision of the whole field when he is running. This vision allows Ish to make some tremendous cuts.
3. Footwork-Wow, put a foot in the ground and go somewhere with power. On some cuts he is making up 3 to 4 feet of space. Not a dancer, a true plant and go guy. Best trait of Ish lies in his footwork and cutting ability.
5. Puts his shoulders down and rumbles when he has no lanes, I like this because it takes many HS backs time to adjust to the idea that they can't bounce everything outside. Ish doesn't bounce outside much, but when he does he has the speed to get around the end if the DE's have been sucked in.
4. Criticism-not high and tight on his ball handing. Sometimes he carries the loaf a bit lose, but this would be fixed immediately in a college training system.

Overall-If we get Ish, we have a potential future star in the making. I could see him and GMIII really moving the offense down the field. Mix in Ashton and McFarlane over the next couple years and we have a top notch backfield in the ACC.

Here's to you ISH, come join the family. We would love to see you make those cuts in the dome.
Good observations. Please post here more. Interesting comment about the "speed-up".

Is that a steelhead? Where did you catch it?

That is a steelhead, but not me. lol. If you want to see me catching steel watch "The Run" on time warner sports. I'll be on episode 4

-Yeah I hate the speed up thing that most people are doing lately. This tape appears to be in real time though

Im assuming his full name is ishmael because I have a cousin with that name and we call him Ish for short. But anyways, great analysis. I think he would be a good pick up. Rutgers have two RB commits. Missouri is the team that worries me. SEC, spread offense, closer to the south. Not sure how high Ish is on their board but he has an offer for a reason. Hope we get him.

Thanks for the breakdown... Good luck with the flooding... Go cuse

Im assuming his full name is ishmael because I have a cousin with that name and we call him Ish for short. But anyways, great analysis. I think he would be a good pick up. Rutgers have two RB commits. Missouri is the team that worries me. SEC, spread offense, closer to the south. Not sure how high Ish is on their board but he has an offer for a reason. Hope we get him.

Yes I agree, Mizzu is my worry too. He is high on them, but are they high on him? We shall see as the summer counts down.

Yes I agree, Mizzu is my worry too. He is high on them, but are they high on him? We shall see as the summer counts down.
I just read some articles. He has alot of Mac offers which i really like. The other thing im worried about is that he seems like the type who wants to wait out his commitment to see if he gets bigger schools.

Per Cohen... And Witter, another three-star prospect, told The Post-Standard he will be visiting campus for an unofficial visit on July 23.

Could be nothing and most likely is but he was asking for Rutgers followers on good ole twitter. I don't think he is aware that they don't have any fans, but still... Any combination of Ish, Ollison, Domer, and Phillips we win at our recruiting of RBs

A couple of RU fans are tweeting Hallmon pretty hard as well as some WVU fans.

A couple of RU fans are tweeting Hallmon pretty hard as well as some WVU fans.

ya these kids love the attention. i guess i don't blame them, but maybe his Mom is trying to steer him towards WVU?

Could be nothing and most likely is but he was asking for Rutgers followers on good ole twitter. I don't think he is aware that they don't have any fans, but still... Any combination of Ish, Ollison, Domer, and Phillips we win at our recruiting of RBs
Maybe Lefeged can tweet him from the slammer.

It was funny in the may article where Ish said they put backs in the league. Backs plural?

Anyhow the buttgers faithful feel pretty confident they're going to land Ollison.

ya these kids love the attention. i guess i don't blame them, but maybe his Mom is trying to steer him towards WVU?

Now he's retweeting a lot of Mountaineer love.

It was funny in the may article where Ish said they put backs in the league. Backs plural?

Anyhow the buttgers faithful feel pretty confident they're going to land Ollison.
They feel pretty confident they are going to land everyone unless of course they back off

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Interesting that the only fans that he is retweeting are Cuse fans. Could be that they are the only ones with the right twitter account. ;)