Class of 2018 - JUCO RB Jo-El Shaw (Lackawanna CC) Verbal to Kent St | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO RB Jo-El Shaw (Lackawanna CC) Verbal to Kent St

Last edited:
Hey, I drank Maximus when I was in college, which basically was Utica Club's version of Colt 45.

Yes, it was as bad as it sounds.

Holy bleep! Curiosity got the best of me. Here's an article on the introduction of Maximus back in 1971 from the Schenectady Gazette:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=u4kFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2561,1062180&hl=en
I was a freshman at SU in September 1969, and Utica Club was test marketing Maximus Super the first weekend of freshman orientation (back when 18 was still the drinking age).

I was a freshman at SU in September 1969, and Utica Club was test marketing Maximus Super the first weekend of freshman orientation (back when 18 was still the drinking age).

So was I! Think that's when I tried it. Only other thing I remember about freshman orientation was that some professor was reading 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock' by TS Eliot (had to look it up) out on the Quad.

Oh, one more. Also remember that they had an evening showing of '2001 A Space Odyssey' out on the Quad. Wasn't doing drugs yet, so I fell asleep.

Last edited:
Nick44 said:
Ditto that. I was born in New Hartford. Close enough!

Same here! Most people 'born in utica' are, for years the biggest OB hospital has been St Luke's its in New Hartford, the Utica line is across the street from the hospital so in my opinion it all counts, Utica runs deep like the Mohawk Valley.

Also I love the thread hijack for utica food.

Welcome Mr. Shaw as you can see you will have some loyal supporters!

Same here! Most people 'born in utica' are, for years the biggest OB hospital has been St Luke's its in New Hartford, the Utica line is across the street from the hospital so in my opinion it all counts, Utica runs deep like the Mohawk Valley.

So if I tell you that my ancestors were some of the first settlers in Oneida County does that count too? ;)

Jerome Bettis Redux Kid is faster than he should be by looks and pretty slippery to boot.

So if I tell you that my ancestors were some of the first settlers in Oneida County does that count too? ;)
Is your relative the guy on the right or left?

whitesboro-seal.jpg

St. E's for me! I still have some family in the area. If anyone needs a car, my cousin has a Toyota dealership in the area! Cavallo's anyone?!

Pardon this interruption, but after watching this kid's tape, I really like the way he carries himself. He has a swagger and style that reminds me of Jim Brown. He has the same size, brute strength, and quickness to daylight too. And he runs over people! I'm more excited about Jo-El than any other commit so far.

Pardon this interruption, but after watching this kid's tape, I really like the way he carries himself. He has a swagger and style that reminds me of Jim Brown. He has the same size, brute strength, and quickness to daylight too. And he runs over people! I'm more excited about Jo-El than any other commit so far.
No pressure ;)

No pressure ;)
LOL... sorry. I realize he's just a high school kid that has an impressive video. But he does have a flair.

After the play, one of things I remember about Jim Brown is how he walked back to the huddle, with confidence, almost cockiness. Jo-El reminded me of that the same gait in how he carried himself. That's what I reacted to to invoke the name of the greatest football player of all time. I can only hope he turns out good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence.

Does he play lax as well?

CuseLegacy said:

Nahuh! Only immigrants that arrived after are Uticans! Unless your ancestors invented pastries to celebrate a half lunar cycle... then I wholeheartly apologize Ms. Cuselegacy Hemstrought. :D

EDIT: I came to watch his tape and thread hijacked myself. ugh.

How nice it is to be helping that guy up...BTIW ...I cover both sides of the seal.

I kinda, sorta do to. My ancestor was adopted by the Oneidas as a son of the tribe.