Class of 2017 - RB Jon Lovett (NJ) Decommit from Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Jon Lovett (NJ) Decommit from Rutgers

3-star South Jersey RB decommit John Lovett to visit Rutgers for Penn State game

Despite the fact that Cherokee (Marlton, N.J.) three-star running back Johnathan Lovett has decommitted from the Scarlet Knights, there is still an outside chance that Rutgers can add him back to the fold by national signing day 2017.

However, there is much work to do as Lovett admits that Rutgers' tough season as well as the team's focus on continuing to add depth to the running back position played a role in his decision.

"I just feel like I need to back up from that and just open it back up because I feel like I rushed it a little bit too much," Lovett, the 5-11, 195-pound senior told NJ.com. "And I just don't feel like the same way I did when I first did it. Just had a change of heart.

"But I'm always going to be open to them because they didn't do anything wrong to me or anything like that. They were always there. They've got a good staff, but I just feel like I've got to do what's best for me. But there's still a chance."

Lovett had been one of Rutgers' most productive commits this season, and his offer list has continued to expand because of it.

He joins Salem's (N.J.) Jonathan Taylor, who also decommitted from Rutgers earlier this month before flipping to Wisconsin. Both running backs are from South Jersey.

On the flip side, Rutgers recently added quality depth to the back-field as ex-Navy prep running back Sean Samuels has qualified academically and plans to walk-on in the spring.

B9315308487Z.1_20141129152046_000_GFN994G01.1-0.jpg

I don't know man...doesn't really scream athlete to me.

3-star South Jersey RB decommit John Lovett to visit Rutgers for Penn State game

Despite the fact that Cherokee (Marlton, N.J.) three-star running back Johnathan Lovett has decommitted from the Scarlet Knights, there is still an outside chance that Rutgers can add him back to the fold by national signing day 2017.

However, there is much work to do as Lovett admits that Rutgers' tough season as well as the team's focus on continuing to add depth to the running back position played a role in his decision.

"I just feel like I need to back up from that and just open it back up because I feel like I rushed it a little bit too much," Lovett, the 5-11, 195-pound senior told NJ.com. "And I just don't feel like the same way I did when I first did it. Just had a change of heart.

"But I'm always going to be open to them because they didn't do anything wrong to me or anything like that. They were always there. They've got a good staff, but I just feel like I've got to do what's best for me. But there's still a chance."

Lovett had been one of Rutgers' most productive commits this season, and his offer list has continued to expand because of it.

He joins Salem's (N.J.) Jonathan Taylor, who also decommitted from Rutgers earlier this month before flipping to Wisconsin. Both running backs are from South Jersey.

On the flip side, Rutgers recently added quality depth to the back-field as ex-Navy prep running back Sean Samuels has qualified academically and plans to walk-on in the spring.
Toad can spin a decommit like no one else.

there is still an outside chance that Rutgers can add him back to the fold
the team's focus on continuing to add depth to the running back position played a role in his decision.
But I'm always going to be open to them because they didn't do anything wrong to me or anything like that. They were always there. They've got a good staff, but I just feel like I've got to do what's best for me. But there's still a chance.

the team's focus on continuing to add depth to the running back position played a role in his decision.
But I'm always going to be open to them because they didn't do anything wrong to me or anything like that. They were always there. They've got a good staff, but I just feel like I've got to do what's best for me. But there's still a chance.

Lovett aka Mary Swanson "more like one in a million"
Toad aka Lloyd Christmas "so your saying theres a chance!"

I'll be honest but I wish some of our beat writers took a more positive tone our football program

I'll be honest but I wish some of our beat writers took a more positive tone our football program
NJ.com also has Steve "I Despise Rutgers" Politi. I prefer our coverage to theirs.