Class of 2015 - RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI

Fredericks is the most highly regarded RB out of Long Island in the class of 2015, at least if you believe the All Long Island teams...

Bd-gV4dCQAAT9wI.jpg:large

All NY 2015 RB class? Weird

As I said in another post, I could see as many as 5 RB recruits this year with a couple possibly converted to defense (LB preferably) down the line. If you look at the depth chart, there's a problem. 2 seniors and 2 juniors and that's it. The one guy they brought in last year may not be an every down back. I think Howard himself said that he's coming in as a safety.

As I said in another post, I could see as many as 5 RB recruits this year with a couple possibly converted to defense (LB preferably) down the line. If you look at the depth chart, there's a problem. 2 seniors and 2 juniors and that's it. The one guy they brought in last year may not be an every down back. I think Howard himself said that he's coming in as a safety.
2 seniors (AAM and PTG) and 2 sophs (Morris and McFarland) when you consider their eligibility status. I'm not sure what the staff's plans are for Erv Phillips but he probably won't start out as an every down back. Howard was recruited as a safety.

I'd be shocked if they take five Rb's in this class unless they were explicitly recruited for a different position.

2 seniors (AAM and PTG) and 2 sophs (Morris and McFarland) when you consider their eligibility status. I'm not sure what the staff's plans are for Erv Phillips but he probably won't start out as an every down back. Howard was recruited as a safety.

I'd be shocked if they take five Rb's in this class unless they were explicitly recruited for a different position.

I wouldn't be surprised as on a lot of high school teams the running backs could very well be the best athlete on the team and more so in N.Y. than the southern states

How come the uniform on the manequin is last seasons?

Isn't Lawrence the same HS that John kinder went to?
Kinder was tweeting yesterday morning that he hoped that Fredericks would commit (not sure if he knew he was getting an offer or just speculation). For somebody that has not really seen the field and endured a position change last year after 3 yrs at qb and now leaving the program to get an opportunity to play his final year at a lower level program I really appreciate the hard work and attitude that Kinder brought during his time on the hill. He had many opportunities to bitch and moan or talk smack about the program by making excuses to why he didn't get on the field but there was none of that. He is very mature and supportive of the program even though I'm sure it didn't work out football wise quite like he envisioned after committing. He's leaving with a degree and going to get a year to get some playing time somewhere else so congrats to him!

Kinder was tweeting yesterday morning that he hoped that Fredericks would commit (not sure if he knew he was getting an offer or just speculation). For somebody that has not really seen the field and endured a position change last year after 3 yrs at qb and now leaving the program to get an opportunity to play his final year at a lower level program I really appreciate the hard work and attitude that Kinder brought during his time on the hill. He had many opportunities to bitch and moan or talk smack about the program by making excuses to why he didn't get on the field but there was none of that. He is very mature and supportive of the program even though I'm sure it didn't work out football wise quite like he envisioned after committing. He's leaving with a degree and going to get a year to get some playing time somewhere else so congrats to him!
Had a class with John while at Cuse. He's a well spoken, funny kid who interacted with everyone in the class. Definitely left a positive impression on me.

This kid is legit fellas. I am very impressed with his film.

Agreed! I believe he played receiver up until this year so we can see in the video how comfortable he is catching the ball out of the backfield and even down the field which makes him even more dynamic.

I am hoping we hear some good news tonight from Fredericks. Maybe one of those things where he just wants to get home and digest everything and talk it over with family? With Perkins on board i am sure the staff let him know that it will be first come first serve

Who are our top RB recruits in the class? Deltron Sands, Anthony Dubose, Dontae Strickland and Fredricks have offers. Who else is at the top of our list? I think Robert Washington is one of our top targets in the coming years - any chance that this years hull effects his recruiting - ie we take less backs to make a play for him?

Last edited:
Pretty good speed but Very nice change of direction ability in the film. His shuttle time (via Huddle) would be top 10 for RBs in the current NFL draft.

Was hoping this kid would have pulled the trigger and committed by now. Oh well there is always tomorrow. He is really impressive, let's hope we bring him in

Unique running style. Jiu jitsu style that makes the defender's momentum miss him.

it's funny ESPN has 3 RB's in the NYS top 5. Neither of them are Perkins or Fredericks. Their #2 player in the state is actually another LI RB, Isiah White. fwiw i like Perkins and Fredericks highlights much more then any of the other 3. Just shows how many hidden gems there are even in our home state. i think Marrone showed that you can find players who are off the radar if you just look. you can go up and down our roster with kids who barely even had profiles at places, but they have turned into multiple year starters.

it's funny ESPN has 3 RB's in the NYS top 5. Neither of them are Perkins or Fredericks. Their #2 player in the state is actually another LI RB, Isiah White. fwiw i like Perkins and Fredericks highlights much more then any of the other 3. Just shows how many hidden gems there are even in our home state. i think Marrone showed that you can find players who are off the radar if you just look. you can go up and down our roster with kids who barely even had profiles at places, but they have turned into multiple year starters.
images