Class of 2015 - RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI

anomander said:
Really? John G said point blank in the forum that a lot will depend on them getting a closer look (i.e. camp setting since he was supposed to go to last weeks NFTC in NJ) EDIT: I am wrong, he said that about Perkins, but it's the same thing

For about the 99th time, those sites aren't going to rank kids until they see them. Eventually if they at least get some film they might give them 3 stars if they are good. But unless it's a camp, an all star game, state playoffs or even a regular season game that someone can get to, it's hard to rank a kid. And whatever that camp was isn't going to be the last chance for him to be seen.

For about the 99th time, those sites aren't going to rank kids until they see them. Eventually if they at least get some film they might give them 3 stars if they are good. But unless it's a camp, an all star game, state playoffs or even a regular season game that someone can get to, it's hard to rank a kid. And whatever that camp was isn't going to be the last chance for him to be seen.

so what are you disagreeing with? that's what i said

I was going to mention before, as a neutral observer, i'm not sure whose side you're on.

anomander said:

"yep i wouldnt expect anything more. neither him or perkins participated in last weeks local NFTC camp. dont doubt for a second that wont be held against them when it comes to slapping stars next to their name. pretty ridiculous camp performances are so heavily weighted in their ratings."

You sound pretty pissed or miffed.

Whitey23 said:
I was going to mention before, as a neutral observer, i'm not sure whose side you're on.

In not in a side. I believe a coaches evaluation is why matters most by far. But some are over the top as to how the services work as if there is some conspiracy against SU and that the star system is totally useless and rigged.

"yep i wouldnt expect anything more. neither him or perkins participated in last weeks local NFTC camp. dont doubt for a second that wont be held against them when it comes to slapping stars next to their name. pretty ridiculous camp performances are so heavily weighted in their ratings."

seemed pretty matter-of-fact to me

i'm not pissed i'm just stating what was said by one of the guys the guys that is responsible for handing out stars. his exact words were:

Much more extensive, highlight tapes are supposed to be good. We'll see if he gets out to camps and combines this summer, and of course we'll try and see a full game of his in person this coming fall.

So the kid didn't go to the most recent local camp so all you have left is attending a game. But let's face it they aren't making a trip to Long Island to watch 1 kid heading to Syracuse.

anomander said:
i'm not pissed i'm just stating what was said by one of the guys the guys that is responsible for handing out stars. his exact words were: Much more extensive, highlight tapes are supposed to be good. We'll see if he gets out to camps and combines this summer, and of course we'll try and see a full game of his in person this coming fall. So the kid didn't go to the most recent local camp so all you have left is attending a game. But let's face it they aren't making a trip to Long Island to watch 1 kid heading to Syracuse.

The 2 paragraphs don't read anything alike.

Bm_Gn7mCQAAIcqs.jpg:large

Well if Duke can have a kid that plays on their FB and Lax teams...

http://www.liherald.com/stories/Imp...&order_sort=&content_class=&sub_type=&town_id=

April 8, 2014 | 53 views
Improved Lawrence serving notice
By Tony Bellissimo

Jeff Wilson/Herald
Lawrence's Sam Locascio, right, scored five times in a 10-7 home victory over Great Neck North on April 1.
It’s a new era for Lawrence’s boys’ varsity lacrosse team, which recorded its first conference victory in seven years on April 1 when junior Sam Locascio’s five goals led the way in a 10-7 win over visiting Great Neck North.
Junior Tom Terino added a hat trick, while junior Jordan Fredericks chipped in a goal and two assists as the Golden Tornadoes triumphed for the third time in five games under first-year coach Joe Martillotti.
“We’re looking to build the program and establish some stability,” Martillotti said. “We have a JV for the first time since 2009. All the kids worked hard during the offseason and played summer league. They have great coaches around them who played lacrosse at Lawrence.”
Martillotti, who guided the football team to its second straight Long Island title this past fall, is assisted by Kevin Anderson and Brian Romanger. Lou Acosta coaches the JV squad. “The program is way ahead of where it was a year ago,” Martillotti said. “Even the two games we’ve lost so far were close.”
The offense has been consistent in scoring no fewer than eight goals in each of the first five games. Locascio, a shifty left-handed attack who’s tough to stop one-on-one, and junior Sean Moran, last year’s leading scorer, are finding the net with regularity. They combined for eight goals and four assists in a 16-7 win over Herricks on March 22.
Moran and junior Jordan Fredericks, a first-year member of the team, are making the Golden Tornadoes formidable in the midfield. “Sean’s probably our best all-around player,” Martillotti said. “He has a big lacrosse IQ and it’s nice to surround him with a good supporting cast.”
Terino possesses a shot clocked a more than 90 miles per hour, Martillotti said, and junior Simon Jones is a factor in the crease and in the face-off circle. On defense, senior Vinny Vota is a bruiser with good stick skills. Junior Eddie Barnett and sophomore Karl Kirchner also log major minutes in front of junior goalie Melik Mavruk, who is making not only routine saves but also difficult ones.

Jordan Fredericks‏@jfred_beastmode 13m
Just got aanother full Scholarship to Wake Forest!

3-star RB Jordan Fredericks: 11 carries, 265-yards, 24.1 yards per carry, 5-touchdowns in Lawrence High’s 49-14 win over Lynbrook.

Jordan Fredericks, Sean Moran keep Lawrence undefeated

"Jordan Fredericks may be the most explosive player in high school football. The senior playmaker at Lawrence, who now has 20 touchdowns through six games, gets all the attention from the opposing defense -- and rightfully so."

"Fredericks, who finished with 112 yards on 25 carries, added an 11-yard touchdown run with 8:48 left for the 34-14 lead. "He has another gear and he's just a special kind of player," Shaver said.

Fredericks final touchdown was one to relish. He hurdled one tackler at the point of attack, juked another, and skipped outside over a fallen tackler to go 11 yards untouched."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...sean-moran-keep-lawrence-undefeated-1.9520821

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 35s35 seconds ago
Syracuse RB commit Jordan Fredericks suffered a shoulder injury in Lawrence HS's playoff win, per @nysswa: http://bit.ly/1vclvjw

"More from Long Island: Syracuse commit Jordan Fredericks left early with a shoulder injury, but Lawrence still went on to rout Hewlett 55-0 in the Nassau III semifinals.
Fredericks (13 carries, 132 yards) helped Lawrence amass 458 yards rushing, scoring from 13 and 45 yards out to run his season total to 32 touchdowns."

Last edited: