Class of 2015 - RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI

No chance with him. His father was living in Fla at the time.

There was a rumor for a while that he was considering transferring to SU, though, wasn't there?

Edit: CUSU was too fast.

Just so everyone on here knows Tyler Rouse led the NATION in rushing TDs and was second in yards at one point his senior year...I think he deserved NYS player of the year...

Edit: According to Max Preps he ended 15th in both rushing yards and TDs in less games than the schools down south

Last edited:
Cuse_Albs said:
Just so everyone on here knows Tyler Rouse led the NATION in rushing TDs and was second in yards at one point his senior year...I think he deserved NYS player of the year... Edit: According to Max Preps he ended 15th in both rushing yards and TDs in less games than the schools down south

He know doubt deserved it. I'm just backing the choice of our HC not to offer him. And it looks to be somewhat justified when you look at the kids career numbers at BC and his position on the depth chart.

I always pull for local kids...

He know doubt deserved it. I'm just backing the choice of our HC not to offer him. And it looks to be somewhat justified when you look at the kids career numbers at BC and his position on the depth chart.

I always pull for local kids...
I think BC was his only D1 offer. I heard that size and concussion issues were a concern.

Just so everyone on here knows Tyler Rouse led the NATION in rushing TDs and was second in yards at one point his senior year...I think he deserved NYS player of the year...

Edit: According to Max Preps he ended 15th in both rushing yards and TDs in less games than the schools down south

According to MaxPreps, he finished 33rd in rushing in NYS and 1964th in the country his senior year. He was a good HS running back and a really hard working kid who I have a great deal of respect for. But he was not remotely close to the best player in NYS.

I am glad he was able to get the late scholarship offer from BC. But the best player in NYS doesn't get that kind of treatment from big time colleges...

Last edited:
According to MaxPreps, he finished 33rd in rushing in NYS and 1964th in the country his senior year. He was a good HS running back and a really hard working kid who I have a great deal of respect for. But he was not remotely close to the best player in NYS.

I am glad he was able to get the late scholarship offer from BC. But the best player in NYS doesn't get that kind of treatment from big time colleges...
Did Fredricks get much better? Cuse, Stony brook, temple

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/foo...g/stat-leaders.htm?classyear=all&position=all

Misread earlier: 11th in TDs, 14th in Yards...in less games

I seem to remember this same conversation with a guy named Phillips last season...

Well, Rivals posted their postseason NY top 10 and Fredericks isn't in it. Seems odd that the Gatorade player of the year can't even crack their top 10.

Well, Rivals posted their postseason NY top 10 and Fredericks isn't in it. Seems odd that the Gatorade player of the year can't even crack their top 10.
Even more odd considering they still rate Jonathan Forrest as the number 3 prospect in the state despite ZERO P5 offers.

tep624 said:
I can only assume he didn't go to their camp, so they are penalizing him for it.

He led Lawrence to three straight championships during his HS career and scored more TDs than anyone in Nassau County history (98).
Crazy.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...et-the-heroics-of-jordan-fredericks-1.9665508

I find it amusing they have a milford prep kid in their top 10. I guess at least he's FROM New York. Remember a year or two ago they had another Milford kid (a TE) rated the 1st or 2nd best kid in the NY State rankings and the kid was from like Alabama. (I think he's in a juco now to.)

I find it amusing they have a milford prep kid in their top 10. I guess at least he's FROM New York. Remember a year or two ago they had another Milford kid (a TE) rated the 1st or 2nd best kid in the NY State rankings and the kid was from like Alabama. (I think he's in a juco now to.)

Yeah that always irritates me. And there's no rhyme or reason to it. They've got all the other Milford kids (including KJ) listed in their Prep rankings and then this one random kid in the NYS rankings. Only thing I can think is that maybe he's a true senior in high school?

Yet, some put all their stock into these services rankings.

Even more odd considering they still rate Jonathan Forrest as the number 3 prospect in the state despite ZERO P5 offers.

That's because Forrest has been a camp kid for 3 years now. I'm sure the only evals they have from Fredericks is Hudl.

Yet, some put all their stock into these services rankings.

I think the services are fine when it comes to grading the 4 and 5 stars. I mean there's a reason that the schools that consistently bring in top 25 classes are top 25 programs. Sure there are some outliers, but for the most part it's pretty accurate.

When it gets down to the 3 stars and below it becomes an absolute mess. They definitely give kids who attend their camps the benefit of the doubt (assuming they play well). In cases like this I like to trust my eye, and who was offered by who. I know I'd much rather have Fredericks then Forrest.