Class of 2015 - RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI

Jordan Fredericks‏@jfred_beastmode 17h
I have an opportunity to make a dream become a reality

it's funny ESPN has 3 RB's in the NYS top 5. Neither of them are Perkins or Fredericks. Their #2 player in the state is actually another LI RB, Isiah White. fwiw i like Perkins and Fredericks highlights much more then any of the other 3. Just shows how many hidden gems there are even in our home state. i think Marrone showed that you can find players who are off the radar if you just look. you can go up and down our roster with kids who barely even had profiles at places, but they have turned into multiple year starters.

We finally offered Ozigbo recently as well. Gulley was a NR and graded out to a 2 star if I remember correctly but he was from OH.

2 RBs in the fold for 2015, great way to start!

Now just get me an ozigbo/sands finale and our RBs will be just fine.

Bobby Acosta 2 for 2

Bobby Acosta ‏@Cuse1010 5m
Won the Day. I will sleep now. Tomorrow cant come quick enough.
upload_2014-4-24_22-22-44.jpeg

All right! RB was a big position of need in this class.

Need: fulfilled!

Yep. RB was a major need this class and I love seeing it filled this quickly. Plus it puts us in a great position. Our minimum needs at the position are filled. Nice start, now let's get some DB's, LB's and linemen.

Just how good are these 2 new RB's? Weren't there other more highly sought on our list? Maybe we take a 3rd? Just seems strange we get 2 RB's before anything else and they may not even be the best in NYS.

Just how good are these 2 new RB's? Weren't there other more highly sought on our list? Maybe we take a 3rd? Just seems strange we get 2 RB's before anything else and they may not even be the best in NYS.

My thoughts as well.. not saying these kids are bad or anything, but I had thought we had been in on kids who were really highly recruited. Hoping we still take another. Never a bad thing to take a good NY kid with high potential.

OrangeBlood said:
My thoughts as well.. not saying these kids are bad or anything, but I had thought we had been in on kids who were really highly recruited. Hoping we still take another. Never a bad thing to take a good NY kid with high potential.

Yea, I'm not knocking them either but there has to be more coming.

I think one moves to D but either way, I think it's early enough to say that these kids are high on the list and probably sought after. Always fun to watch who swoops in after as well. Again, I don't ever expect to have a top 20 class at Syracuse, I just don't think given the current landscape of college football and what's out there it's possible even with the best recruiters. Top 40? Sure and at that point, we should be able to compete with at least 10-11 of the 12 schools on our schedule every year

Build it and they will come, nice that the first two commits are NYS kids. Just keep getting good athletes/football players and their talent will determine where they play.

6'1" 215. Strong kid from the film. Rb or lber. Not seeing a db

Pretty interesting two home-state kids jumped at the offer early. These kids know the interest level in the program is on a huge upswing. We want the kids that want us. Great start, flood gates open..

Interesting point.

Syracuse offered 2015 Cedarhurst (NY) Lawrence RB Jordan Fredericks during his visit today
Fredericks's has been one of the top WRs on Long Island since he was a freshman. Lawrence's 2013 season changed when they moved him from WR to RB after 4 or 5 games. He averaged over 200 rushing yards a game from that point forward and led them to a LI championship.

His agility is unbelievable. His hands are also exceptional, as you might guess from his background. You can see why SU offered him. He is really well suited for George McDonald's offense, where he likes to split RBs out wide, or start from out wide and them have them later move and line up in the backfield.

Fredericks's has been one of the top WRs on Long Island since he was a freshman. Lawrence's 2013 season changed when they moved him from WR to RB after 4 or 5 games. He averaged over 200 rushing yards a game from that point forward and led them to a LI championship.

His agility is unbelievable. His hands are also exceptional, as you might guess from his background. You can see why SU offered him. He is really well suited for George McDonald's offense, where he likes to split RBs out wide, or start from out wide and them have them later move and line up in the backfield.
Right on Sutomcat. I think he is a great fit. He's a long island kid. Great history of SU players from that area. And the kid can flat out play!! Glad we recognized him early because he could easily have more than 3 offers. Keep in mind that Ervin Phillips could be a candidate for prep school. Fredericks and Phillps are very versitle players. Fredericks size gives him a better chance of being a true RB. Tyrone Perkins is a little more of a reach IMO. Just because of the level of competition. Not sure if he will stay on the offensive side of the ball. Now I think we go hard for 1 more. Power back type. Ozigbo or Darrin Hall and have Forrest as a back plan in case we dont get either of those two. Bring in Robert Washington next year. 2 more years of elgibility with Morris and McFarland. We are good gentleman.

Interesting point.

Penn State to Pennsylvania kids is most times the gold standard offer, ie Jason Cabinda last year. Perhaps our beloved CUSE will (is) develop something similar in NY State/NYC. The right coaches, the ACC and a new winning program will get us there!

Last edited:

You can tell the kid is exceptionally athletic, teach the tools for the trade when he gets here but he looks to have all the physical tools for sure