Class of 2015 - RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI

Did you watch the same video I did? He's not running away from anybody.

he has run away from a lot of defenders but has a bad habit of slowing down once he is inside the 10 yard line. He won't get away with that in college as he needs to start finishing the plays in full stride.

Any time we get skill position players committing before June, it's a good thing. These are kids at the top of the list as far as the staff is concerned, otherwise they wouldn't be taking commitments from them.

We had 5 RB's on the roster last year, and now we're down to 4 with 2 seniors. There's room to take at least 3 true RB's if the staff wants to, so no need to panic on prospects that are more highly recruited right now.

Perkins and Fredricks to me looks like athletes who can play.

Two quality Long Island kids landed before May is good – and frankly Syracuse has had great history with Long Island kids producing. I don’t think I’d sweat the level of competition when you can see their athletic ability on the tape. They're the best athletes on the field.

Friends High School while not a massive LI public school is still located in Nassau County. It’s not like it’s up in the north country. These are Long Island kids, not like they are coming from Governuer like Leonard did.

I think Perkins’ tape is real nice. His speed, vision, jukes, cutbacks, and his size looks legit.

I must not be watching the same tape as LeMoyne – Terrel Hunt and Jerome Smith ? Say what? These kids look every bit as good as DeVante McFarlene.

FWIW, Stood next to Perkins during basketball sectionals when my friends team was playing them, he looks to be 6 ft about 190-200 lbs, again during basketball season (two months ago).

ok wow. this is a bit strange. i accidentally viewed a tape of tyler fredericks:

is this his brother or something?

did further research. tyler is at stony brook now. my guess is this is his brother. i think jordan is lined up wide in this video.

My dad is a Lawrence alumnus. Just told him we got another guy from there, he said that Fredricks is one of four or five brothers, all skill positions (if he has the right kid). Could be a nice mini-pipeline

i know 1 of his older brothers plays at Stonybrook

ok wow. this is a bit strange. i accidentally viewed a tape of tyler fredericks: Tyler Fredericks is Jordan's older brother. Tyler is currently playing RB at Stony Brook. 6' 215lbs was his brother size as senior. Jordan is a junior in high school. Jordan is the fourth child of five brothers ( youngest in middle school). All play or have played for Lawrence. Jordan has a lot to offer to Syracuse and vice versa.. Congrats to Fredericks and Perkins.

is this his brother or something?

Perkins and Fredricks to me looks like athletes who can play.

Two quality Long Island kids landed before May is good – and frankly Syracuse has had great history with Long Island kids producing. I don’t think I’d sweat the level of competition when you can see their athletic ability on the tape. They're the best athletes on the field.

Friends High School while not a massive LI public school is still located in Nassau County. It’s not like it’s up in the north country. These are Long Island kids, not like they are coming from Governuer like Leonard did.

I think Perkins’ tape is real nice. His speed, vision, jukes, cutbacks, and his size looks legit.

Got a problem with north country athletes?? :p Paging OburgOrange for backup :D

he has run away from a lot of defenders but has a bad habit of slowing down once he is inside the 10 yard line. He won't get away with that in college as he needs to start finishing the plays in full stride.

I was going to say the same thing, once he knows he is ahead of a defender he uses just enough speed to stay ahead, hence the looking back all the time. I only saw a couple runs where we might have seen close to his top gear below. Tremendous vision and balance, strong and runs really well in traffic. If he is truly 215 lbs as a Junior in HS then he could be a 225 pounder in college after S&C and some speed training.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1576908...ww.hudl.com/athlete/1576908/jordan-fredericks

3:00 min mark in the video when the defender has a perfect pursuit angle and he out runs it.
6:43 shows good speed and burst but doesn't take it to the house
12:48 mark but we miss the beginning of the play

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...ht_tape_of_2015_syracuse_football_runnin.html

"Syracuse, N.Y. — The pursuit of Jordan Fredericks started two years ago and spanned three different recruiters.
His talent was so apparent early on, former special teams assistant John Anselmo asked about the freshman when he was recruiting his two older brothers at Lawrence High School on Long Island. Then former receivers coach Rob Moore started requesting transcripts and watching film on Fredericks as a sophomore, just to keep tabs on his growth.
By the time new tight ends coach Bobby Acosta took over as the primary recruiter in the region, the running back had a strong inclination to commit to Syracuse, and he made that official soon after his visit to campus for the spring game earlier this month."

Really interesting that they have been recruiting him all this time.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...ht_tape_of_2015_syracuse_football_runnin.html

"Syracuse, N.Y. — The pursuit of Jordan Fredericks started two years ago and spanned three different recruiters.
His talent was so apparent early on, former special teams assistant John Anselmo asked about the freshman when he was recruiting his two older brothers at Lawrence High School on Long Island. Then former receivers coach Rob Moore started requesting transcripts and watching film on Fredericks as a sophomore, just to keep tabs on his growth.
By the time new tight ends coach Bobby Acosta took over as the primary recruiter in the region, the running back had a strong inclination to commit to Syracuse, and he made that official soon after his visit to campus for the spring game earlier this month."

Impossible I thought I read here we were not recruiting downstate. :)

Two star

Cool, i was under the impression they offered on the spot like Rodney Williams last year (for example). I guess we have to give Moore some credit for this one too.

Two star

yep i wouldn't expect anything more. neither him or perkins participated in last weeks local NFTC camp. don't doubt for a second that won't be held against them when it comes to slapping stars next to their name. pretty ridiculous camp performances are so heavily weighted in their ratings. totally fine with me that we keep them underwraps

PhatOrange said:
Two star

Thought you base it on who else offered? Temple and Stoneybrook.

anomander said:
yep i wouldn't expect anything more. neither him or perkins participated in last weeks local NFTC camp. don't doubt for a second that won't be held against them when it comes to slapping stars next to their name. pretty ridiculous camp performances are so heavily weighted in their ratings. totally fine with me that we keep them underwraps

Respectfully say you are pretty much off base here.

Respectfully say you are pretty much off base here.

Really? John G said point blank in the forum that a lot will depend on them getting a closer look (i.e. camp setting since he was supposed to go to last weeks NFTC in NJ)

EDIT: I am wrong, he said that about Perkins, but it's the same thing

Last edited: