Class of 2017 - RB Mike Epstein (FL) Verbal to Illinois | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Mike Epstein (FL) Verbal to Illinois

6-1, 185, and supposedly 4.41 speed.

I'm guessing that getting two guys from STA last year can only help our chances, if we target this guy as someone we want (I realize he wasn't at STA last year, but he probably knows Clausman and Byrne).

His brother, Danny, plays for Bryant. He started his career at Colgate. So there's a CNY connection there, to a degree.

Wrote up something on Epstein since he's visiting this weekend: http://.com/syracuse-getting-visit-from-2017-rb-recruit-epstein/

Definitely appears to have breakaway speed. His only offer may be FAU, but the Miami Herald called him "perhaps the most impressive class of 2017 weapon in south Florida" last fall.

• 7:11 PM - 26 Mar 2015 · Details
    Mike Epstein ‏@Dat26Kid 9h9 hours ago
    Just landed in Cuse! Excited for my visit tomorrow " ">
    1f34a.png
    1f34a.png
    pic.twitter.com/2cv8v4gIwn

Is that a new poster/billboard/whatever that is? If so, where is it?

He was all excited last night that he's in the same hotel as the Michigan State basketball team.

Hmmm... I think that is a recruiting violation.

Come on...we all know they were just passing each other in the school hallway when the ring happened to fall off the finger of Coach Kelly and Epstein amazingly was in right place at right time enabling him to pick it up and snap a quick pic :rolling:

Any more premonitions? Lottery numbers?

LOL! I would like to take credit, but I think we all knew he was a dead man walking. If I had predicted he would be gone before their opener, then I guess I would pat myself on the back ;)