Class of 2014 - RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S. | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S.

good

the kid is a gamer ... big time natural talent

I've heard some bad off-the-field stuff about this kid though. Not sure if he's the type we want around the program.

I've heard some bad off-the-field stuff about this kid though. Not sure if he's the type we want around the program.

I think you are thinking of his older brother Sean Howard who graduated and was recently arrested...

I think you are thinking of his older brother Sean Howard who graduated and was recently arrested...
I knew about that too, but Naesean committed an armed robbery outside the Camillus Wal-Mart two years ago.

I knew about that too, but Naesean committed an armed robbery outside the Camillus Wal-Mart two years ago.

He was 14 let's hope he has changed a little bit.

Can someone give a quick scouting report? Not much video online.

Is West Genny no longer a quiet suburban district?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

... things change, it is still a great community - but things do happen.

Kid is explosive, good size - solid vision. Dominant out of the backfield and in the secondary.

Will be interesting to see how the WG staff uses him (how much) the next two years. (i.e. wear and tear and grind on the body).

Well, that is why they have the rehabilitative portion of Family Court

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

My little brother played with him at Genny ans says the kid is legit and CUSE is his Drean School...So take it for what's it worth

Armed robbery at 14? What - I am getting too old.
Police notoriously overcharge crimes. Especially juveniles. Pads their stats and isnt on the kids record.

Police notoriously overcharge crimes. Especially juveniles. Pads their stats and isnt on the kids record.

It must be hHard to over charge armed robbery - a weapon must be present. If a 14 year-old has a weapon that is pretty scary. I believe they can use youthful offender only once so, if that charge is public, he must have used his YO status up in a prior infraction. Not sure what to think about this.

I heard he and his brother went to live with their aunt in the W. Genny school district but the rest of the family are still in the city.

How "armed" was he? Gun, knife, bat?
Gun. Well, pellet gun. Unloaded, but looked real enough. Here's a link to the story.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/two_syracuse_teenagers_admit_g.html

Because of the severity of the crime, he was prosecuted as an adult. It appears that he's on probation until the end of what should be his freshman year in college. Judge granted youthful offender status provided he stays out of trouble. If he violates, the judge guaranteed jail time and will remove youthful offender status.

Gun. Well, pellet gun. Unloaded, but looked real enough. Here's a link to the story.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/two_syracuse_teenagers_admit_g.html

Because of the severity of the crime, he was prosecuted as an adult. It appears that he's on probation until the end of what should be his freshman year in college. Judge granted youthful offender status provided he stays out of trouble. If he violates, the judge guaranteed jail time and will remove youthful offender status.

Charged as an adult but youthful offender status. Kinda confusing.

Wow. I mean I still wouldn't write him off though if it was an isolated incedent.

At 14 you don't really know how stupid you are and the possible consequences of your actions.

has he stayed out of trouble?

seems like he has... so what is the big deal here at this point.

I'm sure Marrone knows about this.Doug took Cater who had a much worse background than this kid and everyone was giddy over his recruitment.

no need to make this an issue yet.

Kid is explosive, good size - solid vision. Dominant out of the backfield and in the secondary.

Out of towner, hearing about this kid for the first time.

WR? RB? Secondary?