Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 123 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the H just happened??? I checked my email and saw we had a new commit. I figured we got someone lined up for the booby prize, loose Washington and then get some 2 star guy. Then I read it and my first reaction was how dumb is Scout for putting that out there. Then I started reading stuff and WHAT???!!! Is this really true???

That's funny. Florida thought they were out of it. They were stunned when he announced for Florida.

He didn't announce for Florida. He recorded a video earlier in the week with Bleacher Report where he said he was picking Florida that I'm fairly certain they weren't supposed to release before his official announcement, which they did anyway.

tep624 said:
He didn't announce for Florida. He recorded a video earlier in the week with Bleacher Report where he said he was picking Florida that I'm fairly certain they weren't supposed to release before his official announcement, which they did anyway.

I'm talking about the video. When the Florida staff heard the news, they were surprised.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ‏@SyracuseOnScout 47s47 seconds ago

Robert Washington apologizes to Bleecher Report but he recorded that during the week but made the switch to Syracuse Friday morning

Would love to hear why he switched.

I don't think UF or any of the other schools on his final list are going to lose sleep over this.
I wouldn't go that far. I imagine the five staffs losing out on the most offered prospect in the country will be disappointed at a minimum.

I'm talking about the video. When the Florida staff heard the news, they were surprised.

Got it. I read that as if he made an official announcement for Florida. Some of the sites are reporting that and that's not what really happened. Bleacher Report basically tried to scoop his announcement which is pathetic.

Sobword is he is connected to a bunch of other guys - what doors might this open for us realistically?

Please tell me there's a 4 star QB in there .

That's the million dollar question. I'm guessing that this kid's biggest contributions [at least for awhile] will be off the field, and around the momentum that landing this kid helps us establish on the recruiting trail. Very exciting day to be an SU fan!

Given what transpired and that he is still going to take visits, this is more good PR than anything else.

A lot is going to happen between now and start of spring semester next year.

• DerekTysonESPN Derek Tyson
    Correction: Sounds like Robert Washington is headed to Syracuse, not Florida.
    37 minutes ago

• DerekTysonESPN Derek Tyson
    With the commitment of Robert Washington the #Gators now have 9 commits including 3 ranked in the #ESPN300. Washington is the highest ranked

Florida is starting to hate us when it comes to recruiting head to head. :)

Given what transpired and that he is still going to take visits, this is more good PR than anything else.

A lot is going to happen between now and start of spring semester next year.

upload_2015-4-25_14-48-54.jpeg

I don't think UF or any of the other schools on his final list are going to lose sleep over this.

Of all of them UF or Michigan are the only two id think it would generate a reaction given their recent struggles but otherwise i agree.

TomVH Tom VanHaaren
Robert Washington told me a few days before commitment it was Syracuse, UNC or Florida. Didn't have Michigan in there bc 2 backs committed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom