Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, at least we have a picture of him working out in a Syracuse shirt. That has to mean something, right? Right?!

tOSU, and Notre Dame have always been the 2 I have been most worried about. Personally I don't think we get him, but to say we have no shot is just not accurate. His relationship with Eric White is very strong. We should be in it until the end.

When he made his top list or whatever, somebody asked him what Syracuse was doing on his list and he said something to the effect of "they'll be in it till the very end" which bodes well for us

Go to OSU or ND...you play on the big stage with a chance to win a national title. Go to the Cuse, and you strive to make any bowl game possible. Why would this 4-star RB go to the Cuse? Not going to happen people so don't get your hopes up. Offer him #44 and our chances may go up slightly...

Orangejet said:
Go to OSU or ND...you play on the big stage with a chance to win a national title. Go to the Cuse, and you strive to make any bowl game possible. Why would this 4-star RB go to the Cuse? Not going to happen people so don't get your hopes up. Offer him #44 and our chances may go up slightly...

I don't think anyone is under the impression that he is a Syracuse lean. But as long as there is a chance I will remain hopeful.

Orangejet said:

BS. If he does what he's supposed to in college it won't matter where he plays. Our line is good enough to spring that kind of runner for records. Last I heard neither school is as known for RB's either.

BS. If he does what he's supposed to in college it won't matter where he plays. Our line is good enough to spring that kind of runner for records. Last I heard neither school is as known for RB's either.
Ohio state is turning out some quality RBs lately with Hyde and the guy who ran wild last night is going to the league sooner rather than later.

Yes if you are good enough you can be found anywhere, but if you go to a factory with elite coaching, your chances of becoming good enough improve considerably, or at a minimum having your weaknesses masked by an elite team surrounding you and covering up your miscues making you look better on film.

I under stand the room for doubt of landing this kid but all signs point to Syracuse in great position. First the workout video wearing the Cuse gear. Second the post of his grandfather wearing the Cuse hat at his birthday party below. Then the comment "Cuse will be in it to the end." To me the kid has shown a lot love to Cuse and has made it clear that he likes our program. If we don't land this kid it's not because he choose a bigger school. This one will be on the coaching staff. I say offer #44 and we got him. If not we still have a chance but we must go after him full force. If we land him it could be domino effect with other recruits.
Papa BDay 63.jpg

You could have asked the same thing about Delone Carter.

You could have asked the same thing about Delone Carter.

Delone was not offered by OSU ... they snagged Beanie Wells that season and never made a run at Carter who ironically was named Mr. Football for Ohio. Wells however was the #1 rated running back in the country coming out of high school.

He really seemed to enjoy himself when we saw him at the FSU game. He seemed all about the dome and the fans. I wouldn't rule him out if his primary recruiters stick around.

I under stand the room for doubt of landing this kid but all signs point to Syracuse in great position. First the workout video wearing the Cuse gear. Second the post of his grandfather wearing the Cuse hat at his birthday party below. Then the comment "Cuse will be in it to the end." To me the kid has shown a lot love to Cuse and has made it clear that he likes our program. If we don't land this kid it's not because he choose a bigger school. This one will be on the coaching staff. I say offer #44 and we got him. If not we still have a chance but we must go after him full force. If we land him it could be domino effect with other recruits. View attachment 32943
Is that a Cuse Hat? I thought NC St...

He really seemed to enjoy himself when we saw him at the FSU game. He seemed all about the dome and the fans. I wouldn't rule him out if his primary recruiters stick around.

Apart from McDonald himself, isn't our Ace in the Hole recruiter here Eric White? What are the thoughts on Mr. White running to Florida with G McD if that is all true? McDonald brought him to Syracuse and they are pretty tight.

Apart from McDonald himself, isn't our Ace in the Hole recruiter here Eric White? What are the thoughts on Mr. White running to Florida with G McD if that is all true? McDonald brought him to Syracuse and they are pretty tight.
McDonald is going to NC State (only saying that for the next part).

He could take White to NC State but White has been at Syracuse for a while now meaning he likely has developed a good relationship with all the other coaches who are staying. He may not want to go there himself. Also, a lot of schools already had a recruiting support staff in place when White came to SU (not sure if NC State did/does). If they do already have someone who fills same position White holds with SU then he would not have a job to move to.

Not sure if any of above is true, just throwing it out there.

I under stand the room for doubt of landing this kid but all signs point to Syracuse in great position. First the workout video wearing the Cuse gear. Second the post of his grandfather wearing the Cuse hat at his birthday party below. Then the comment "Cuse will be in it to the end." To me the kid has shown a lot love to Cuse and has made it clear that he likes our program. If we don't land this kid it's not because he choose a bigger school. This one will be on the coaching staff. I say offer #44 and we got him. If not we still have a chance but we must go after him full force. If we land him it could be domino effect with other recruits. View attachment 32943
This makes no sense. We don't even know which school he is going to, and you are telling us if he doesn't come to Syracuse he won't go to a bigger school and laying blame on the coaching staff. That's absurd - unless of course you a member of his family and privy to his exact thinking.

Washington isn't some kid who grew up in Syracuse and is a life long Orange fan dying to go to the school, and all the coaches have to do is not screw it up. He's a NC kid who seems to have built a nice relationship with White/McDonald and seems to really like Syracuse. It is exciting to seemingly have a real shot at such a talented and highly regarded kid, but Syracuse is by no means a prohibitive favorite. He may very well choose a bigger school, and I wouldn't blame him if he did. It is also entirely possible, if not downright likely, that the coaching staff can do everything right with the kid and still not land him.

Bambrewer said:

Do we know who his primary recruiter is?

Do we know who his primary recruiter is?

Not sure, but he seems to like Eric White and coach Smith. We have to have a good shot here. Kid respects the RB tradition at Cuse, and has said on twitter he wants to build something special at the next level. The fact that he already visited says a lot.

I just saw the NCState "rumor" and that is pretty terrible news from a recruiting aspect. If Ernj is correct and NCState already has an "Eric White" in place, that would be good for us as it pertains to Robert Washington, but you can't doubt that he will be pulled in at least one more direction if McD is going to NCState. Puts some weight on Coach Smith and the offensive system that Lester implements, huh? Who knows? This just seems to make our process with this recruit very messy.

I just saw the NCState "rumor" and that is pretty terrible news from a recruiting aspect. If Ernj is correct and NCState already has an "Eric White" in place, that would be good for us as it pertains to Robert Washington, but you can't doubt that he will be pulled in at least one more direction if McD is going to NCState. Puts some weight on Coach Smith and the offensive system that Lester implements, huh? Who knows? This just seems to make our process with this recruit very messy.

I'm expecting Lesters system to use the run more. Seems more traditional. Could look better to running backs than McD's spread stuff. I hope.

orange_in_VA said:
I'm expecting Lesters system to use the run more. Seems more traditional. Could look better to running backs than McD's spread stuff. I hope.

Yeah - any big RB in the world would prefer 2 TE's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom