Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be getting my hopes up too high now...

Washington is still a ways from announcing a commitment isn't he expected to be a late spring announcement?

A recent tweet said March.

A recent tweet said March.
I've never understood how a kid picks there commitment date so far in advance. How are they sure that they don't know now, but will know in 2 months 1 week and 3 days? (Not saying this about Washington specifically, but recruits in general) obviously kids generally make up their minds ahead of time, and then hold their announcement for a certain date at school or an all-star game. But there are some who just arbitrarily say I'll anounce on Sept. 9 (or other random date) and I've just never understood that

I've never understood how a kid picks there commitment date so far in advance. How are they sure that they don't know now, but will know in 2 months 1 week and 3 days? (Not saying this about Washington specifically, but recruits in general) obviously kids generally make up their minds ahead of time, and then hold their announcement for a certain date at school or an all-star game. But there are some who just arbitrarily say I'll anounce on Sept. 9 (or other random date) and I've just never understood that

Well when is the NFL draft paperwork due? If he is looking at a school that has a guy that might leave early he may wait to see if he is leaving or not and factor that into his decision. Just a guess as to why March would be his reasoning. For others it might be to ensure they get all their official and non-officials in or in the case of some guys they are waiting to see if they garner anymore interest and allow themselves time to evaluate new options. There are a bevy of reasons.

The only reason I can think of for March is it is right before camp season and Nike and sparq start heating up... May want the decision done before all that starts so he can focus.

So...would this be the kid who puts our recruiting over the top, finally?

When's the last time we were involved with a kid THIS high profile?

I would guess Coach P years - maybe Johnnie Morant?

Lavar Lobdell was also very highly thought of - visited Florida, Miami, NC State...

The only reason I can think of for March is it is right before camp season and Nike and sparq start heating up... May want the decision done before all that starts so he can focus.

That is a good reason.

That color looks amazing on Mr. Washington. Pretty big deal that he is tweeting this in my opinion. Stop doubting and give some faith. I think our staffs is genuine and real people (smart recruits) can see that.

With the whole sample size taken into consideration, he did post pictures of about every school he has an offer from last night. He's a very humble kid though, I chalk it up to him just being excited about being named to the CBS top 25 All-American team.

With the whole sample size taken into consideration, he did post pictures of about every school he has an offer from last night. He's a very humble kid though, I chalk it up to him just being excited about being named to the CBS top 25 All-American team.
The positive I took away was I believe the only person he tweeted to thank was aj long. I'd say that helps

That color looks amazing on Mr. Washington. Pretty big deal that he is tweeting this in my opinion. Stop doubting and give some faith. I think our staffs is genuine and real people (smart recruits) can see that.
In fairness to those who don't have a Twitter he posted pictures from just about all of his visits and seemed like he was just a little bored last night and wanted to see what fans would do. He basically gave a shout-out to every school who is recruiting him. Just wanted to throw that out there in case people thought the Cuse tweet was a singular one. That said, I think his interest in Cuse is real but worry that the allure of playing at a factory school could win out.

In fairness to those who don't have a Twitter he posted pictures from just about all of his visits and seemed like he was just a little bored last night and wanted to see what fans would do. He basically gave a shout-out to every school who is recruiting him. Just wanted to throw that out there in case people thought the Cuse tweet was a singular one. That said, I think his interest in Cuse is real but worry that the allure of playing at a factory school could win out.

It was this tweet and another about love from the fans...

Robert Washington @RDubb_5 · 12h 12 hours ago
Needs some help from the college fans out there.. I need to know what Uniforms I look best in

It was like a farewell tour of all the places he had visited or been offered by before he makes a decision.

Sorry guys, you are right. I didn't do my homework and check twitter. Still is nice though to be recognized with all the other big dogs. QUOTE="JackBauer44, post: 1253259, member: 227"]With the whole sample size taken into consideration, he did post pictures of about every school he has an offer from last night. He's a very humble kid though, I chalk it up to him just being excited about being named to the CBS top 25 All-American team.[/QUOTE]
SorR

There was a lot of Cuse retweets though. He clearly thinks highly of us.

He retweeted a tweet that was just "44. Enough said" or something like that - I was impressed that he was fully aware of what school that was and why it mattered.

There was a lot of Cuse retweets though. He clearly thinks highly of us.

He retweeted a tweet that was just "44. Enough said" or something like that - I was impressed that he was fully aware of what school that was and why it mattered.

He is very aware of 44.

I believe that given the fact that he is an all purpose horse of a running back he would be our top impact recruit since we landed Mr. Ohio. In Lesters O this kid could see the rock 20 plus touches a game.

I suggest everyone take a look at this kids twitter feed.

It's sobering when you notice how many directions these prospects are pulled in even on an hourly basis.

Trueblue25 said:
I suggest everyone take a look at this kids twitter feed. It's sobering when you notice how many directions these prospects are pulled in even on an hourly basis.

And even more sobering when you realize how many grown adults tweet HS kids.

The positive I took away was I believe the only person he tweeted to thank was aj long. I'd say that helps

And his speed training coach Tremayne Stephens (former NFL/NC State rb) who made sure to say how much he would love for him to end up at NC State :(

Kareem Walker committing to Buckeyes should help a bit with Washington.

I was just given a little hint about what to expect from any potential interviews with this particular player from some random football expert who shall remain nameless, and...man, it's gonna be awesome. It won't be for awhile, but it's going to be WELL worth the wait if it plays out the way we're expecting.

I was just given a little hint about what to expect from any potential interviews with this particular player from some random football expert who shall remain nameless, and...man, it's gonna be awesome. It won't be for awhile, but it's going to be WELL worth the wait if it plays out the way we're expecting.
Hints with just enough vagueness. Color me intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom