Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bam as you know the boys enjoy the process. I think he welcomes the fans. The advantage that social media plays is that you get a better understanding of that fan base. Case in point this forum. Look at how much the tone has changed. This is power for recruits to get a heads up on.
Agree completly... That's how I end up here for my son lol

I'm giddy at the thought that he has not denied being Bonecrusher yet.

K
Also - it makes me sad looking at how many coaches from other schools (Bama, Pitt, Georgia, Florida, among others) he's recently started following. I feel like I'm on the freaking Bachelor, just praying for a rose.

Calm down. He's a recruit that's his job is to follow coaches. Lean on the facts that he has publicly released Syracuse and North Carolina as top schools

Even Perles did a very good job.

I get what you're saying here, but from everything you read or hear about the kid he is genuine in his interest. Just from seeing his interviews it sounds like he places a ton on relationships with the staff, and how comfortable he feels at a school. Plus we have academics, and tradition working for us.

Then again you're probably right. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I am. When is the last time we won a major recruiting battle of this stature?

He strikes me as the kind of kid that really wants to establish his own legacy and go where he is truly needed. And I know we say this stuff every year about kids we're recruiting, but he stand out moreso than any I've seen in the recent past because of how high profile a recruit he is. At any school he goes to, he'll have an opportunity to make an impact. But timing wise, he's going to have an opportunity to make a greater impact here than at other schools, when you consider the recruiting angle for this class as well as on the field. OSU, ND, they don't need help recruiting. Landing him isn't going to make or break their class. With us, landing him has a huge impact on our class.

I think he's a smart kid and he realizes this. And to be honest, he can have the same type of impact at North Carolina. But at NC, he can't have the opportunity to restore the 44 legacy. Here he can. And that's why he belongs here. It's literally a movie script waiting to happen.

Isn't Carolina due to lose like 50 or so scholarships? :D

GoSU96 said:
We have four or five star players with that offer list from the start that we have coming in this last class. Really, who would those guys be? You really need to dial it back. I didn't make a "we have no chance" statement that others would make, but you need to face reality, this program ends up on the short end of this stick consistently in these types of battles. If we win it that would be great, tremendously impressive. It would also be extremely rare occurrence going back at least 15 years.

Out of respect for RW, I won't respond here. Just think you're negativity is lame.

K

Calm down. He's a recruit that's his job is to follow coaches. Lean on the facts that he has publicly released Syracuse and North Carolina as top schools
Oh, no, I'm calm. I promise, I was saying that mostly tongue in cheek. I know full well, he's going to do his due diligence. I promise you, the vast majority of what I say is said with a wink and a hint of sarcasm.

Also, I decided to write something up on what an impact Washington could have on Syracuse football: http://.com/what-robert-washington-could-mean-for-syracuse-football/

The best part for him is he is going to do great where ever he plays. He will get playing time where ever he plays he will do great acedemicly where ever he goes. Now it's just a matter of where he wants it to be.
Agreed. And frankly, given how well he comes off in all of his interviews, he's going to be a kid that I'm going to wind up rooting for no matter where he plays his college ball.

Out of respect for RW, I won't respond here. Just think you're negativity is lame.

Totally agree.

A general comment to all; believe it or not, guys, many of these kids have parents that do scour the 'net trying to do their due diligence in finding the right school for their sons/daughters. That's how I got here. Probably Bams and Kelly, too.

Parents of these recruits do read what you say, and they remember. Fans, and their attitudes can, and do, affect things.

Totally agree.

A general comment to all; believe it or not, guys, many of these kids have parents that do scour the 'net trying to do their due diligence in finding the right school for their sons/daughters. That's how I got here. Probably Bams and Kelly, too.

Parents of these recruits do read what you say, and they remember. Fans, and their attitudes can, and do, affect things.

The best post I read in a while

Totally agree.

Couldn't agree more. It's been brutal watching people try to pry the attention away from the subject matter in this thread - Robert Washington - and create friction. It's not a good look.

Couldn't agree more. It's been brutal watching people try to pry the attention away from the subject matter in this thread - Robert Washington - and create friction. It's not a good look.
Ignore is your friend.

Yeah. School slogan is, "Get a life."
Buzz was at Illinois before Cuse. Any chance that's the Shaw University being referred to? California, Illinois, and now a personal connection to a recruit in NC!? Are you George McDonald!?couchburn:eek:

Totally agree.

Agree. Passion is good. Taking things too seriously, not good.
Kid is obviously a find young man and if we can get him inside the Dome next year it will be awesome. If not, life will go on and he will excel elsewhere.

Sounds very reasonable.

Obviously, I hope that Strickland and the rest all understand that more RBs will be recruited and that at the end of the day, it's not how many stars you're given, it's what you do on the field that determines who plays.
That 87 team had Moose, Drummond, and Owens, and they didn't have any problems with carries.

We can ignore, but the point is, recruits and parents are coming in and reading everything that EVERYONE is saying.

Very true. I'd wager that EVERY single parent of a kid with an offer to Syracuse will find syracusefan. They will read EVERYTHING. That's exactly what I did when Steven was offered. It took me all of 15 seconds to find this board.

Very true. I'd wager that EVERY single parent of a kid with an offer to Syracuse will find syracusefan. They will read EVERYTHING. That's exactly what I did when Steven was offered. It took me all of 15 seconds to find this board.
I mean, I'll put it this way: I'm just a fan of Syracuse, and even I search around other school's message boards to see what they're saying about kids we're recruiting.

I mean, I'll put it this way: I'm just a fan of Syracuse, and even I search around other school's message boards to see what they're saying about kids we're recruiting.

When exactly do you work during the day? ;)

When exactly do you work during the day? ;)
I'll have you know I'm sitting in my office right now!

Not working, but still. I'll be working nonstop the next three days - tennis, softball and baseball are starting up, and I've got 9 home games over the next three days in my day job as an SID. Shoot me, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom