Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Bama makes the list, along with OSU & ND. Going to be pretty difficult to beat out those schools and hoping his relationship with Coach Smith and chance to be another star RB at the Cuse works in our favor. #44
Ill give yo my no inside knowledge nothing but twitter following read what he has said in interviews roster analysis. I think Bama is out of the top six...one he has said he has a desire to be able to play early. Bama is pretty stacked with young rbs...and talented ones to boot. They have 6 kids playing running back below jr year. RW isnt impressed with the flash and big name coach and school.

6. I believe will be ohio. The recent success is attractive and they have a good program. He seems to like the coaches there alot. Unfortunately for Ohio They have already taken commits from 2 really good kids for 16 and they have a really talented kid the signed in 15 plus 5 kids below JR year already on roster. Thats alot of young talent on board.

5. Michigan the lure of Harbaugh will be again a non factor. Hopefully this guy has one of his traditional melt downs soon. His NFL team hated him and hopefully schools start using that against him. They do have 6 FR and SO rb on roster but took none in 15 and havent done much in 16 yet. This school in my opinion will have a tough time selling the family at home atmosphere RW is looking for. They have already seen one coach thrown out of a recruits house and had a lot of trouble closing or picking up new recruits even with the Harbaugh factor...I think most kids are seeing this guy for the lunatic he is.

4. Notre Dame the academics/football combo is tough here. After all history is pretty strong at ND and no one ever looked down on their degree. The family atmosphere is going to be there most of their players talk up the family stuff. That leaves roster they only have 4 rbs below jr year so they were a little thin...but they took 2 real big names in 15 for the position. I think that will hurt them.

3.UNC will be tough... after all they are the home town team. playing in front of friends a family is always a big lure. They only have 3 young kids on roster but they did take a big name kid in 15. The roster would be a good one for him to walk on to. Id say academics are what will hurt them. I had met a kid from NC i met on a visit to BC. I asked him why he came up to BC when he had all the great football schools near home. He said he wanted a real degree when he graduated. he said the home schools degrees are looked at as not worth as much when you are an athlete. The recent scandal will hurt them as school is important to him and his family...plus who knows what the ncaa will hand down for a punishment...the chance of a bowl loss or scholie reduction could hurt them here

2. TCU this is the big problem as I see it. He had a great time on his trip there and likes the coaches. The roster is young at this position and they do have 6 kids below jr year as backs. This will hurt them a little but they are pretty good academically speaking and they are on the rise to the national football stage. Hopefully he doesnt want to play in the heat down there? I went on a visit to this school with Shy during the Sparq week. Nice stadium but their practice field was a disaster. I dont know if they have plans to fix that but wasnt a fan of the facilities at all. It was hot as hell there i would have rather played in Miami and I thought that was hot. It would be a hell of a hike for family to go watch. Like I said they will be tough.

1. That leaves us. Great academics, family atmosphere no one else can rival, new indoor facilities, loves the coaches. Our roster is thin on top with the older kids moving to receiving spots. The younger backs will have a hard time competing for the starting spot if you throw RW in the mix. he has size and weight advantages already and is a year younger. He has a speed advantage over the backs we have now. He has power speed and can cut...like he said himself he is a complete back. Aside from a medical problem a few years back he has been injury free. He works hard and the coaches here love that. He potentially could come here as a true freshman starter. He loves the legend of 44 as we all know. This school could be exactly what he described to a T. If they could get him the 44 I would say we would put so much distance between us and the other schools it would be all over. Here is to hoping

Again just speculation

The early playing time is a big one with Ohio State, since they already have Kareem Walker, a kid who is basically the consensus #1 running back prospect in the class of 2016, committed.

One other thing that might actually work in Syracuse's favor is his indifference to the big name schools. It may appeal to him that Syracuse is a good defense team but is struggling on offense. He seems like the type of kid that would like to be know for bringing a bunch of talent with him and taking a team that was down and being associated with its turn around. After all if they give him 44 wouldn't it just add to the legend that a kid took it down from the rafters and was a big piece in the come back to the national stage? He has the talent and physical ability that it doesn't matter where he plays he will do great and get lots of national attention..why not have all the bonus that comes with playing for Syracuse? I saw a report yesterday that called Syracuse a less prestigious team wouldn't their heads just explode if he picked here? If I was a kid that would be huge in my choosing.

I was thinking the obvious one would be Aapri Washington as an early 2017 commit.
When was the last time SU had a commit 2 years early? That would be wonderful.

Syracuse needs a sports hero. Robert is a high character kid with big time promise. I can see this city latching on to him and having his back wherever he may go.

From all I've read, his twitter page, the opinions of the "go-to's for recruiting" on here...

Cuse/TCU
UNC (because of academics)
ND/Pitt/OSU

Bama/Michigan

Total eclipse of the thread.
I came close to posting the Footloose scene that uses the song, and now I'm reimagining it as Scott Shafer on one tractor, and Larry Fedora on the other, playing chicken to win Robert's heart.

I came close to posting the Footloose scene that uses the song, and now I'm reimagining it as Scott Shafer on one tractor, and Larry Fedora on the other, playing chicken to win Robert's heart.
The resulting love scene is not one I wish to see, not that there's anything wrong with that.

The resulting love scene is not one I wish to see, not that there's anything wrong with that.
We'll replace it with Scott handing Robert a 44 jersey. That's love, right?

One thing I do believe with 100% sincerity: no fanbase in America would appreciate a commit from Robert as much as Syracuse would. I mean hell, we're closing in on 1000 posts about him in this thread, and we're almost a year away from signing day.

How about they lower it to Jim Brown and Floyd Little and they present it?
They should have a video of Rob Konrad swimming up to Syracuse from Miami and then joining Jim Brown, Floyd Little and maybe Michael Owens. Have them taking out snipers, bears, North Korea and things like that on the way to the dome…you know, something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom