Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always felt Notre Dame and Ohio St were going to be tough to beat. I was just basing that off of visits, and interviews though. I have no doubt they are in his top 15. Either way we couldn't hope to be in a better spot considering he hasn't even visited. We definitely have a shot here.

Ummm, no one even mentions UNC??? From all that has been said, and that we have heard, UNC has a very good chance with Mr. Washington.

Ummm, no one even mentions UNC??? From all that has been said, and that we have heard, UNC has a very good chance with Mr. Washington.

Maybe no one mentioned it because he wants to actually get an education or maybe he realizes that the NCAA may actually investigate something correctly and you guys will be on probation.

Maybe no one mentioned it because he wants to actually get an education or maybe he realizes that the NCAA may actually investigate something correctly and you guys will be on probation.

ib2rEAOV74lfMX.gif

Now now be nice ... as a non-UNC fan I think that their "paper practices" are a fine idea ... hell you don't even have to show up ... just have your tutor run your 110s for you. As elite athletes I'm sure they could use the extra rest.

Like I have always said I think we have a very strong chance in getting this kid. In doing my research he has always said that he wanted to play with his cousin Aapri.

Side Note: Aapri is going to big a huge addition as well in his own right without Robert. Evidence by him winning the Rivals Top250 as only a 2017 kid and holding 2 D1 offers that Robert doesn't have.

But out of all the schools he named we are the only one's that have offered both players.

My question to Mr. UNC Blue is why haven't you all offered Aapri yet? He's in your backyard right? Why is it that he holds 4 ACC offers not named Carolina and ya'll are so confident that ya'll will get the cousin. It doesn't take rocket science to see the hole that ya'll are digging for ya'll selves there.

Again people forget about our RB tradition but it's time to bring it back in 2016 with RDUBB. Go Orange!!!

Well not to speak for the UNC guy or anything, but maybe they don't have a lot of 2017 offers out there. It is. 3 cycles from now for crying out loud.

Also as has been stated numerous times, lots of kids talk package deals, but very very few come to fruition, even with family members. When the first of these two is two years away from formally deciding (his NSD) and the other is three years away, a whole lot can happen to break up this potential package deal.

That said, can't hurt to have offered both as they look to be studs in the making.

Well not to speak for the UNC guy or anything, but maybe they don't have a lot of 2017 offers out there. It is. 3 cycles from now for crying out loud.

Also as has been stated numerous times, lots of kids talk package deals, but very very few come to fruition, even with family members. When the first of these two is two years away from formally deciding (his NSD) and the other is three years away, a whole lot can happen to break up this potential package deal.

That said, can't hurt to have offered both as they look to be studs in the making.

Recruiting has changed so much but I just thought it was funny that a school that preaches keeping in-state didn't offer yet given that they have 8 2017 offers already out none from their own state.

Not our problem. I was only pointing out that this may work in our favor down the road.

Recruiting has changed so much but I just thought it was funny that a school that preaches keeping in-state didn't offer yet given that they have 8 2017 offers already out none from their own state.

Not our problem. I was only pointing out that this may work in our favor down the road.

I know they were trying to visit together at one point, but something happened. You have any idea if they will be coming up to Syracuse any time soon?

Starts out at Rivalz as a 4 star #213 in top 250

This is the lowest I have seen him. He was in 2 4 7 and Skout top 100

Starts out at as a 4 star #213 in top 250

This is the lowest I have seen him. He was in 2 4 7 and Skout top 100

Could you imagine if we got this kid? All the negative nancys that continue to question our recruiting would have their heads explode. Next years class could be amazing. I love this staff, and hope they all stick around a while.

Could you imagine if we got this kid? All the negative nancys that continue to question our recruiting would have their heads explode. Next years class could be amazing. I love this staff, and hope they all stick around a while.

We have a chance to make some serious noise next year. We are heavily involved with a ton of kids who are 4 star recruits at least 1 major service. All have a bunch of big times offers as well. Washington, Rene, Quansah, Abramson, Smith, Brokop. That's a solid core we have positioned ourselves very well with.

Personally I think the 2015 class is good, not great like the 2014 class (obviously imo based on potential), but it seems they have a plan, and they will be, and have been attacking the 2016 class.

We have a chance to make some serious noise next year. We are heavily involved with a ton of kids who are 4 star recruits at least 1 major service. All have a bunch of big times offers as well. Washington, Rene, Quansah, Abramson, Smith, Brokop. That's a solid core we have positioned ourselves very well with.

Personally I think the 2015 class is good, not great like the 2014 class (obviously imo based on potential), but it seems they have a plan, and they will be, and have been attacking the 2016 class.

Maybe we just need to wait and see how the 2015s perform their senior HS season.

Leave out that extracurricular stuff and just post about the kid.

He would be the biggest recruit we've landed possibly ever. Especially in today's recruiting landscape.

That is a hyperbolic statement. Maybe in the last 10-15 years he would be the best, but in the late 80s through mid 90s we had some very highly regarded prospects.

Rob Konrad was offered by Notre Dame and Penn State. Donovan McNabb was offered by Nebraska during its hey day. Just to name a few.

I'm gonna find out about Washington. They start school on Aug 7th. My daughter is gonna ask him if he is serious about Cuse. Not sure if he will give a "clean" answer or not. she also knows Robert's cousin quite well...I'll keep you all posted...

Scott Freeny was a very,very highly regarded recruit along with combination of James Turner and his buddy from Tennessee

Maybe we just need to wait and see how the 2015s perform their senior HS season.

At this point they are what they are. Putting up monster stats won't change much. It's a solid class, just personally I don't like it nearly as much as 2014.

That is a hyperbolic statement. Maybe in the last 10-15 years he would be the best, but in the late 80s through mid 90s we had some very highly regarded prospects.

Rob Konrad was offered by Notre Dame and Penn State. Donovan McNabb was offered by Nebraska during its hey day. Just to name a few.
In today's recruiting landscape we probably wouldn't have landed either of them because they would have been national recruits. So it's not hyperbole. He would be the biggest recruit.

Nah. We'd probably be reminded about the highly rated recruits we've signed that didn't really pan out and have someone thump their chest about how they'd rather have a humble two star, because that's how we roll.

In today's recruiting landscape we probably wouldn't have landed either of them because they would have been national recruits. So it's not hyperbole. He would be the biggest recruit.

They were national recruits and we landed a bunch of other kids who had even better offers and we're national kids to. Dulayne Morgan was a USA today all american. Damien Mallory was a parade aa. Kevin abrams and dewayne Joseph were big time kids with big 3 offers. Marvin Harrison was a parade aa, Kevin Johnson was an aa. Clifton smith was a top 100 by everybody's measure.

The only difference in today's day is how widely reported/known things are. Most of the kids mentioned above were probably comparable offer wise to Washington it just wasn't tweeted all over the place.

bnoro said:

Eh. It's hyperbole. Dulayne Morgan was the equivalent of a five star recruit who was considered the #1 or #2 player at his position. He was a parade AA and had offers from everyone. There were mentions in the local paper weekly about his recruitment. Believe it or not, but people actually did communicate before the interweb.

They were national recruits and we landed a bunch of other kids who had even better offers and we're national kids to. Dulayne Morgan was a USA today all american. Damien Mallory was a parade aa. Kevin abrams and dewayne Joseph were big time kids with big 3 offers. Marvin Harrison was a parade aa, Kevin Johnson was an aa. Clifton smith was a top 100 by everybody's measure.

The only difference in today's day is how widely reported/known things are. Most of the kids mentioned above were probably comparable offer wise to Washington it just wasn't tweeted all over the place.
That wasn't really my point. The amount of time calling, tweeting, facebooking, and overall wooing these kids when there is a perception of a school being like it is today makes it completely different than the old days. Back then you couldn't watch every single game on TV and check out a school on the internet so a kid that grew up in PA/NJ is more likely to know more about Syracuse than a school like Nebraska. So it's much harder to get a kid to identify with your school. Maybe that's a better explanation, I'm not sure.

Robert Washington@RDubb_5 · 6h
33 D1 coaches have offered to pay for my education (5 Mill total) You think I care what someone ranks me that can't even buy me a happy meal

That's one way to look at it, haha

I think you're missing the point. He's definitely not the biggest recruit we have ever landed, which is what you said. We have had kids who were All Americans commit to us, who were absolutely national recruits. Just because it happened in the 80s or 90s doesn't mean it didn't happen. I think enough people have enough of a memory of the top players we received commitments from in the 80s and 90s to know that - just trying to fill you in as I know you are relatively new to the history of SU football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom