Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is making me sick, and only further proving a belief I have.

I really hope someone wakes up, and starts running this like a big time program it should be.
Can you send me a DM with that belief?

image.jpg

This is making me sick, and only further proving a belief I have.

I really hope someone wakes up, and starts running this like a big time program it should be.
Again, assuming what we have heard is true... It's worse than that. You don't have to be a big time program to recruit a top-top-top-top level prospect who is falling into your damned lap. It's not like we need to toss cash at him to keep him away from Ohio State and Alabama. Eyes on the prize, or go home.

Can someone please let me know what a DM is in regards to the social medium that would be applicable and allowable for Mr Washington to be contacted via? I'm not, and will not contact recruits directly but I'd like to pass it along to those that should know this on the off chance that they do not.

Can someone please let me know what a DM is in regards to the social medium that would be applicable and allowable for Mr Washington to be contacted via? I'm not, and will not contact recruits directly but I'd like to pass it along to those that should know this on the off chance that they do not.
For what it's worth, this is the handy dandy social media handout sitting on my desk, that they give out to people in my athletics department. Granted, some of this may be D3 specific...but I kinda doubt that. This is an official NCAA document, by the way.

Attachments

• social.JPG
    social.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 98
I've been really surprised by the general consensus of this thread to pile on Shafer and the staff the last day or two, we have heard one view from one side of the story... folks are running with it like Washington himself is saying it. This is all coming from someone who won't even admit who they are? Why? What CaliLuv has said may absolutely be 100% true. However, it seems to be completely contradictory to just about everything we have heard from Syracuse recruits and their parents who post here. It's coming across like if Syracuse offers 44 to Washington he's a lock... I'm not sure that's true at all. Just seems odd to me, there's some things in play here that are unknown. I'm fine with restore 44 and would like to use it to bring in Washington... But my view on him has changed if that is literally why he would NOT come to play for the Orange. Maybe we should wait for Washington's decision before meltdown bash Shafer mode. I would love it if after all this Washington committed to Syracuse, hoping that it happens. I'll hold my judgement until the decision is made.

This thread was nice to read up until a few pages ago.

Look, if SU loses this kid to UND, or Alabama, or OSU, that's one thing, but if they lose him because
the staff blew it, that's pretty sad. But let's hear it from the kid first.

And also, not that I'd endorse this or anything, but if your program is going to go on probation for
violations, you do it recruiting top 300 kids, you don't get them for letting Perry Patterson get
paid for an internship, you know?

Kevin

A lot of speculation and jumping to conclusions in this thread ... Let's see how things play out first. I would put our chances at 1 in 6. There are restrictions to what coaches can and cannot do within scope of regulations, and not all programs adhere to those rules. So, yes ... We are not big boy in that sense.

Let's cut that crap off right there. How about we don't start even making jokes about posters who personally know RW in a thread about RW?

And throwing the staff under the bus in this thread without any understanding/input from their side is so wholesome.

To actually believe that they aren't doing what they can to land him if he is on the top of their board is ludicrous. The speculation and paranoia in this thread is getting a little heavy. Some may need to step back and take a breath if there is any concern about recruits reading the board

Imo, the kid already knows where he's going so it's just a matter of memorializing it now. If it's Cuse then it's gonna be great. If not, it doesn't mean it was the coaches fault although it seems like some want to prematurely draw that conclusion.

In my dream, when I see how this all turns out, Jim Brown, Floyd Little, Richardson, Konrad, all the legacies still with us are gathered at the dedication of 44 Plaza outside the IPF. They pull the sheets on the three statues. There's a fourth sheet and under it is a new 44 jersey. They take it and pass it down the line from oldest to each subsequent wearer. When it gets to Konrad, he flips it over and we see Washinton across the back. He hands it to Robert. A new tradition for handing that number is born. It is immediately revered as one of the greatest ceremonies/traditions in college football.

And throwing the staff under the bus in this thread without any understanding/input from their side is so wholesome.

To actually believe that they aren't doing what they can to land him if he is on the top of their board is ludicrous. The speculation and paranoia in this thread is getting a little heavy. Some may need to step back and take a breath if there is any concern about recruits reading the board

Imo, the kid already knows where he's going so it's just a matter of memorializing it now. If it's Cuse then it's gonna be great. If not, it doesn't mean it was the coaches fault although it seems like some want to prematurely draw that conclusion.
I share your skepticism, but there is one bare fact that has been stated, which concerns me. Shafer has not spoken in person with RW yet, while numerous other HC's have. If that is true (and I have an educated no-reason-to-believe-it-isn't), then the staff is not doing everything it can to persuade RW to attend Syracuse.

I share your skepticism, but there is one bare fact that has been stated, which concerns me. Shafer has not spoken in person with RW yet, while numerous other HC's have. If that is true (and I have an educated no-reason-to-believe-it-isn't), then the staff is not doing everything it can to persuade RW to attend Syracuse.
I would normally say that thinking the staff was only doing the minimum or a bit better in this recruiting situation would be ludicrous. However, one needs only to go back to HCDM blowing off a future 1st rounder when he was brought in town by a former player. Even though we ended up fine at RB recruits last cycle, I was perplexed at the lack of follow-up with that Texas kid who is a gonna be one helluva a RB. So - apparently weird stuff can happen on the recruiting trail. Delicious low-hanging high quality fruit here though.

Here's my thing about whether or not 44 needs to be "earned" on the field. Look, I get that. Other schools do it. But Syracuse never has. It's always been given out to a deserving incoming freshman, when we actually used to give it out.

To me, changing up the tradition from giving it to a deserving freshman to making a player "earn it" is almost as misguided as retiring it. You're messing with tradition either way. Don't screw with a good thing.
What the Good Doctor didn't understand was by retiring the number you close history, and when you have a tradition, you shouldn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom