Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Attorneys, judges and politicians are his support system? That's weird. Hope it all works out for him.

I sympathize for Robert and hope that this ends well for him. But something about his version of the story just sends up red flags to me. Not saying it's BS, but I wonder if one of these helpful people is a handler rather than a friend.

I can see this situation from a multitude of ways, and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Are parents to blame, using Robert for a perceived football career? Are "friends" to blame for convincing him that his parents are out for themselves? Is Robert a 17 year old headstrong and confused?

Answers that nobody here will likely never know the full extent of. And, it's a situation that occurs all too frequently, at all levels.

I hate reading stories like this and watching them unfold. It makes me realize time and time again, though, how thankful I should be for the upbringing I had.

Just read the story in the Post Standard about Robert being homeless and not playing football, Family issues that he described is enough to unsettle any person, especially an 18 year old. He is now living with his Pastor and attending a school in NC. I hope we have not closed the door on this kid. I can certainly understand why he may have said and done some of the things that he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we know enough about the full story to make any declarations, but I cannot imagine that, after publicly badmouthing one of our coaches, we'd take him back.

Obviously, there's a TON going on here that no one really knows about. There's more to the story than what's been reported, too...he's been pushed and pulled from various people. It's not as cut and dry as it appears on the surface. And honestly, at this point I don't think it's any of our business at fans to push for the details or speculate too much.

I wish him well. I don't think he'll ever wear Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom