Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
baggerbob said:
We aren't the type of school to terminate a coach early unless there is some kind of misconduct, so no we won't terminate his contract early. We gave Maloney 7 years, Grob got 4, kept PP 4 years too long.

Both Grob and PP were terminated with a year left on their contracts.

You know. If he doesn't choose Syracuse. A lot of people (prob myself included) are gonna look back at that article by Bailey. He should have taken it down.

We where looking pretty, now the momentum has shifted to Michigan.

Just saying, it's fair to say.

CuseHulk said:
You know. If he doesn't choose Syracuse. A lot of people (prob myself included) are gonna look back at that article by Bailey. He should have taken it down. We where looking pretty, now the momentum has shifted to Michigan. Just saying, it's fair to say.

That article has nothing to do with where he's going. Zero, zilch, nada.

You know. If he doesn't choose Syracuse. A lot of people (prob myself included) are gonna look back at that article by Bailey. He should have taken it down.

There are hundreds of such articles that get published in the recruiting world outside syracuse. It happens.. doubtful its new to recruiting or it is a total decision changer this late in the game.

You can say it, but if Washington changed his mind because of an article written by a member of the media, he was never solid in coming here anyways.

Even if Bailey took it down, the damage was done as it was quoted by basically all major recruiting services. I don't think the article has any real impact to this announcement.

Also much like the NFL Draft, Michigan isn't gaining steam, just the media starting to think its a possibility. I still maintain the belief Robert made up his mind a long time ago, and nothing that has happened in the last week has changed that decision.

That article has nothing to do with where he's going. Zero, zilch, nada.

But he still should have taken it down regardless. Anything that courts favor with a recruit or a recruits family that Syracuse is recruiting.

You don't think the Tuscaloosa paper would do the same for Alabama and player they where recruiting.

We were looking pretty based on what?

The misinformation his father was spreading?

Since it appears that his father isn't part of the decision making process, Bailey's article has nothing to do with RW's choice.

I cant echo jeks article enough though. Lets leave the negative comments about a recruit or their family off of here no matter what the decision. Congratulate a fine upstanding young man on a tough decision and either celebrate or move on. It is in really poor taste.

If they got to asked to pull it before it got everywhere, maybe. But at the point Bailey was asked to pull it, it would have been pointless. Everybody had the article quoted and it was out there, no way to take it back.

What the heck are we gonna talk about after tomorrow?

If RW does not choose the Cuse, it will kind of take the wind out of the recruiting forum's sails for awhile.

With all those choices, it can't be easy for RW. Here's to hoping he picks us!

But he still should have taken it down regardless. Anything that courts favor with a recruit or a recruits family that Syracuse is recruiting.

You don't think the Tuscaloosa paper would do the same for Alabama and player they where recruiting.
It's not the responsibility of a journalist to "court favor" with a recruit. It's his job to report what he learns about a situation.

I think that some of those quotes maybe could have been held for a few days, but there's no way in hell any journalist worth a damn will ever take down an article unless it's not factually correct.

It's not the responsibility of a journalist to "court favor" with a recruit. It's his job to report what he learns about a situation.

I think that some of those quotes maybe could have been held for a few days, but there's no way in hell any journalist worth a damn will ever take down an article unless it's not factually correct.

I have a hard time believing hometown press does not take place at times or often in a College towns across the country. Tuscaloosa, Columbia, Columbus. You name um.

Doesn't seem to be the case in Syracuse. In fact the opposite.

All i'm saying.

I have a hard time believing hometown press does not take place at times or often in a College towns across the country. Tuscaloosa, Columbia, Columbus. You name um.

Lol what?

Doesn't seem to be the case in Syracuse. In fact the opposite.

All i'm saying.
A local newspaper is not the PR department for a sports team or a college. The sports team or the college has its own PR team. The job of a journalist is to report things without bias.

jekelish said:
It's not the responsibility of a journalist to "court favor" with a recruit. It's his job to report what he learns about a situation. I think that some of those quotes maybe could have been held for a few days, but there's no way in hell any journalist worth a damn will ever take down an article unless it's not factually correct.

If I'm a journalist and a big time recruits Dad tells me on the record that SU has nothing to worry about...yea, I'm printing that. No way for the writer nor us to know that Dad supposedly isn't involved in the recruiting process and doesn't even know where he's going,

Last edited:
I cant echo jeks article enough though. Lets leave the negative comments about a recruit or their family off of here no matter what the decision. Congratulate a fine upstanding young man on a tough decision and either celebrate or move on. It is in really poor taste.

Oh i'm sure there will be negative comments. I'm sure the negative comments will get deleted, but i'm sure they will be there. I think part of the problem was anytime anybody tried to even hint at RW possibly not coming here, that person would automatically be attacked for being "negative". We have basically been hearing for over a month how there is a very very good chance he is coming here. I have absolutely no problem with Jekelish saying that because he trusted his source, who was as close to the situation as you would think possible. But I learned my lesson after the Ish Witter recruitment that's it's not even worth trying to say you know where a kid is going, no matter how good, or how close your source is to the situation because if something changes (and imagine that? something changing in the recruitment of a 17 year) last minute, not only do you personally get skewered, but the recruit gets negativity thrown at him because it was made to seem like a done deal.

I think I felt better at the beginning of the week because I didn't see a whole lot of activity from other team's recreuiting websites and message boards. Alabama is stacked at RB. TCU fans and websites didnt feel that they were a serious contender. Despite being from Carolina, UNC website also didn't have a whole lot about him or big interest. Michigan already has 2 RBs this class and their boards didnt have a whole lot on him until tonight.

That left us- possibility for early playing time, big push to restore #44, constant contact from coaches and a big fan interest. Plus his mother is up north and his sister (?) had a big interest in Cuse.

Here's my breakdown of the RB situation at each school
alabama - No RBs in this class, but did pick up a 5* 2017 RB commit - Their depth chart is Jr, So, Redshirt Freshman. Bama also is high on a 4* outta texas for this class. Friend Haskins also interested in Bama and Bama has been turning out NFL caliber RBs the last few years

Florida - Has a 3* commit and took 2 big time commits last year. Haskins also interested. New coaching staff and team in flux. They may be able to pull it off with Chaos, but new coaching staff is behind

UNC - Their depth chart is Jr, and big time recruit Elijah Hood (sophomore from last year. This is the home school team. They have another 3* from NC they are interested in. RW visited a handful of times.

Michigan - Their depth chart is Junior, Sr, Jr, but according to some of their websites they currently have 8! Rbs on roster. They have a commit from a 4* from Mi and a fullback. I don't know what Harbaugh or Wheatley are saying to him, but their roster seems pretty full at the RB position.

Based on the above I was pretty confident at the beginning of this week, aside from something sneaky from UNC. Now I'm not sure. I hope the best for the young man and his family. He has a lot of great opportunities.

44 will make an appearance for some special player in the future

A local newspaper is not the PR department for a sports team or a college. The sports team or the college has its own PR team. The job of a journalist is to report things without bias.

Unless your this guy
Y2u_COme_400x400.jpeg

If bailey worked for any decent journalist and he took that article down, I would fire him. Stop with this moronic nonsense. He got a quote on the record. He asked him if he was sure he could quote him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom