Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught that too. Junior Day is for rising Juniors (Soph) and current Juniors. I think we may be doing something like a Junior Day around some basketball games

The Duke game sounds like a good option, but seems we are still trying to close out 2014 strong. Feb 15th vs NC ST seems like the only other option. Rest of the games are road weekend games.

Not sure but he claims to be attending Junior Days at Syracuse, BC, Penn St, Michigan, Notre Dame, and TCU. Good to know we will actually be having a JR day...even though Washington is a Soph

Been to UNC a few times, made our early Junior day and had a long meeting with our new OC. That he is as high on UNC as he is, is a good sign about this young man. He is a competitor, he is not afraid of competition.

He is still visiting and listing UNC, and that is with UNC already having another 4* '16 RB committed, also from NC. The RB we have committed is no slouch at all, he comes with an offer list that already includes Georgia, Clemson, South Carolina, and the Carolina Universities. Telling you that so you can see Mr. Washington does not lack confidence, he will be a baller wherever he ends up at.

P.S. NC has another 4* RB in 16 as well, deep, deep, deep class in NC this year and next year.

Justin Parker ‏@CitizenJP Feb 19
Lincolnton assistant Bobby McLaughlin to be named head football coach at SouthLake Christian, following Bub O'Donnell

Eagles News Articles
SouthLake Christian Academy Names Head Football Coach
Lincolnton High School Assistant Coach Bobby McLaughlin takes over for former SouthLake Christian Academy Head Coach Geoff O'Donnell.
Feb. 19, 2014 (Huntersville , N.C.) - SouthLakeChristianAcademy has hired Robert "Bobby" McLaughlin to lead the Eagles' varsity football program into the 2014 season.
McLaughlin, 44, spent the past 10 seasons as an assistant at LincolntonHigh School, where he coached quarterbacks and the defensive secondary. While there, the Wolves posted a record of 86-37. Lincolnton also won the 2007 NCHSAA 2A state championship and was a state finalist in 2005 and 2011.
"Bobby has a strong track record coaching and managing all aspects of a competitive football program," said SouthLake Christian Academy Athletic Director, Joe Haney. "He's experienced in coaching both sides of the ball and has a long, successful track record placing student-athletes into college football programs. He'll be a good role model and Christian influence for our young athletes and assistant coaches alike."
McLaughlin arrives at SouthLake Christian with more than 20 years teaching and coaching experience in Lincoln and Iredell County Public School Systems. Prior to LincolntonHigh School, McLaughlin coached and taught at NorthIredellHigh School (2003-04), SouthIredellHigh School (1999-2003), MooresvilleHigh School (1998) and WestIredellHigh School (1993-98).
"The opportunity to coach at SouthLake Christian is a blessing," said McLaughlin. "It just fell into place after my wife and I discussed moving both our son and daughter to SouthLake Christian. After speaking with the administration, we were excited about the opportunities for our family. We were impressed with the vision that was set forth not only for the football program, but for the overall school philosophy and Christian environment."
In addition to coaching football at Lincolnton, McLaughlin served as a Special Education Teacher for students with special needs. McLaughlin graduated from Appalachian State in 1992 and earned his Masters Degree in Special Education from UNC Charlotte in 2000. While coaching at SouthLake, McLaughlin will continue to work in the Lincoln County School System.
"I believe that football programs should foster school pride and the athletes should be examples of good character and hard work," said McLaughlin. "I plan to surround the football program with qualified, knowledgeable coaches and community figures that promote hard work, character and dedication."
McLaughlin takes over for former head coach, Geoff O'Donnell, who stepped down after the Eagles finished with an 11-1 mark and won the 2013 NCISA Division III State Championship.
"I believe Mr. McLaughlin is a perfect fit for SouthLake Christian and will continue to build on the strong foundation laid by our previous head coach, Geoff O'Donnell," said Head of School, Dr. Wayne Parker.
"The team I hope to put on the field is one that will be well-prepared, tough, physical and hard-nosed," said McLaughlin. "It will be a team that competes for four quarters each and every game. SouthLake Christian has a lot to be proud of and we are going to focus on what it takes to be successful and to be a winner, both on and off the field."

Funny this coach was at Lincolnton where Syracuse has offered Darian Roseboro. Hopefully they have some relationship with him.

Last edited:
Will be visiting ND for his 3rd time on April 4th. Doesn't have an ND offer yet

I believe he was supposed to be coming up for a Spring practice or something? Hopefully he makes it by.

If he's making his third trip to ND already I think it's obvious where he wants to go.

Cuse isn't even in the game for this RB so why discuss him on this board.

Time to move on to more realistic potential recruits...

Cuse isn't even in the game for this RB so why discuss him on this board.

Time to move on to more realistic potential recruits...

They kind of are though.

He's a 2016. He has TWO years before he signs an LOI. I'm sure that the staff is going to continue recruiting and don't think it is a waste of time recruiting him. Anything can happen in TWO years. No harm in following him or posting on his recruitment.

If we were to go 10-3, or 11-2 with a good bowl win anything can happen in recruiting.

Here is a FREE article..

Elite Carolina RB Takes in UVa, Others
Robert Washington
By Dave Lomonico

Posted Mar 27, 2014

Southlake Christian Academy (Huntersville, N.C.) running back Robert Washington had a season to remember. Now Washington is seeing his stock rise. The 2016 prospect is taking visits and recaps his visit to UVa and the latest in his recruitment.

Southlake Christian Academy (Huntersville, N.C.) running back Robert Washington had a season for the ages in 2013. The sophomore phenom, who figures to be one of the most highly sought-after backs in the 2016 class, led the nation with 2,512 rushing yards while averaging 11 yards a pop and scoring 28 touchdowns. To boot, Southlake rode Washington’s legs to an 11-1 record and a class 2A/3A state championship.
“I think I did alright last year,” Washington said, laughing. “The most important thing is we got those rings. Buy my coach, he coaches a college system and he did a great job setting me and the O-line up with the right holes, cutback lanes and things like that.”
Make no mistake, Washington is a special talent. He routinely clocks in with a sub-4.4 40-yard dash time and has that coveted home-run hitting acceleration that separates the great runners from the merely average ones.
“I have good vision, I’m pretty fast, I can pull away, I can make guys miss and I know the game well,” Washington said. “But you can always work on your craft; you can always get better. Right now I can carry five people on my back, but I want to be able to carry an entire team. Right now I’m fast enough to pull away, but I want to get even faster. I want to be a three-down back so when it’s third-and-6 and you’d normally have to pass, you just give me the rock instead and know you’re going to get a first down.”
Given Washington’s attitude and talent, it’s little wonder he already claims double-digit offers from programs around the nation. Arizona, Arizona State, California, Duke, Boston College, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, North Carolina, NC State, Syracuse, UCLA, Virginia, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Wisconsin have all pulled the trigger, while the rest of the FCS power players are keeping close tabs as well.
Last weekend, Washington visited one of his ACC suitors, Virginia, for the first time.
“It went great. I talked to Coach [Marques] Hagans, Coach [Larry] Lewis and Coach [Mike] London. It was good to meet all of them, and they were all really easy to get along with,” Washington said. “Coach London said he wants young talent like myself from North Carolina, Virginia, everywhere because he’s looking to change the atmosphere there. He said he needs players like myself to get UVA back on track.”
While in Charlottesville, Washington had a chance to take in a spring practice and meet one of Virginia’s recent signees, Quin Blanding.
“Meeting Quin was pretty special; he’s a big star and he was talking about how he could have gone to a lot of different [schools], but he chose Virginia,” Washington said. “He gave me a lot to think about. I talked to one of their defensive backs too, and he was really cool and told me some good things about the school.
“And the spring practice was intense and had a really good tempo. Guys were flying around, getting after it. It really was a great experience. Virginia is a program I’ll be looking at and I might get back there at some point.”
The North Carolina back recently trekked to Tennessee as well. He said the coaches had invited him for a personal visit and he was able to make it on an off day.
“Tennessee’s coaches are really down to earth. They tell me what I need to do to get ready for college and they’re very informative,” Washington said. “I talked to coach Butch Jones and he’s a really nice guy. But it was just a really good trip all the way around. My dad, my cousin [2017 elite defensive back Aapri Washington] and my uncle walked around the campus, ate lunch with them, toured the facilities, and watched film. It was an impressive place, and you can’t go wrong with that SEC brand. It’s a big pull for them.”
Washington has also been to the in-state programs N.C. State, Duke, UNC and Wake Forest. In addition, he’s taken in a game at the Big House in Michigan.
“Michigan, they have a great tradition up there and one of the best programs in college football history. They had over 100,000 people in the stadium, and it’s so loud -- screaming, shouting, people going crazy,” Washington said. “Me, my cousin, my uncle and my dad had a ton of fun up there and it’s a tremendous atmosphere.
“North Carolina is another school I like because it’s close to home and I have a lot of friends going there. They have a new offensive coordinator and I’ve talked to him, and their coaches really want me to stay in-state. With Duke, you can’t go wrong with their education. That’s what stands out about them. With Wake Forest that’s a great degree too and a Wake education holds a lot of weight. And NC State, they’re rebuilding, but I can play early there. That’s what they’re stressing to me, that I can come in right away and make an impact.”
Next up for Washington is a trip to Penn State next week, followed by Notre Dame in early April. He’s also planning visits to Maryland, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Syracuse, Ole Miss and possibly Michigan again.
“I’m just taking all these schools in, visiting all these places and enjoying the process,” Washington said. “My friends always ask me, ‘Oh what’s your favorite?’ But I truly don’t have one yet. I’m open to everybody and just trying to build relationships.”

Steve Lorenz ‏@TremendousUM 9h
#OhioState has offered 2016 RB Robert Washington (@RDubb_5) while on a visit today @alexgleitman @Bill_Kurelic: http://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Washington-21689…

BlSV8pMCYAIoPJt.jpg

Washington was supposed to be in Syracuse for the Spring Game this weekend. Let's see how serious he is.

Per twitter:
2016 4-star RB Robert Washington will not be visiting Syracuse for the spring game, but will visit May 17th.

Will be visiting ND for his 3rd time on April 4th. Doesn't have an ND offer yet

I believe he was supposed to be coming up for a Spring practice or something? Hopefully he makes it by.

Offered this week by Stanford, Pitt and Notre Dame.

pretty awesome washington is coming up for a visit. is he a mcdonald kid? (im sure it is in this thread somewhere but didn't want to go through it all.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom