Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where you are coming from but I never said give it to them as a true freshmen. Pitch the ideal of having the chance to wear it at some point. That would allow the player to establish themselves. So if we have a top 10 RB and he pans out to be just that he can wear it during junior year.

recruiting tool. it was also given to michael owens.

My son is four, is it too early to verbal to SU? He pursues well and wraps up at point of impact. The article pertaining to Washington is funny. Basically he is 100 percent committed but still looking around because it's early. Huh?

How good is your son at coverage?

I know what your saying but how would we justify giving a top recruit the #44 jersey when we will have Geore Morrs and Devantae McFarland as Seniors that season, who by then would have been contributors for 4 seasons.

IMO If your going to hand it out it has to be to someone who has earned it while at SU
Great running backs the number#44 has been done when they enter the football program in anticipation of there talent being displayed as was the case with With Ernie and Floyd. Its just one of the many pressure factors involved within this honor.Character and the ability to cope with the pressure are no small factors in deciding what players might be honored in this fashion.

I know what your saying but how would we justify giving a top recruit the #44 jersey when we will have Geore Morrs and Devantae McFarland as Seniors that season, who by then would have been contributors for 4 seasons.

IMO If your going to hand it out it has to be to someone who has earned it while at SU
I don't think selling the possibility of getting 44 is going to work - it's been so long since the last one. It could have value in the heat of the moment recruiting battle when you have a top 5 guy on campus and he's close and you want to close the deal. You want it to come back but only for someone who is a huge huge deal, program changer recruit. i think George Morris is going to be a very solid running back. And Jerome has been good for us - but 44 needs to be huge time. I recall people questioning whether Konrad deserved it. So I don't think yo worry about hurting the feelings of an upperclassmen - you just use it when you close in on a best in 20 years type of of running back in the recruiting process. Just my opinion. Then if the first 44 of the 'new generation' becomes a serious star, the value of it goes up in recruiting in the future because you can tie that wonderful history to the present.

BeaverFootball.com ‏@beaverfootball 2h
Washington to trim list: Robert Washington was visited by Syracuse last week.

ELITESPORTSMKTG 20 Dec
4* RB Robert Washington tells that he will release his top 15 schools Jan. 14th, event sponsored by NCElitePrep & ESM

We will make the cut, but so will 14 other schools. Hopefully we have 10 wins seasons the next 2 years . This would be a minor miracle

ELITESPORTSMKTG 20 Dec
4* RB Robert Washington tells that he will release his top 15 schools Jan. 14th, event sponsored by NCElitePrep & ESM

He is getting a sponsored event, to cut his list to 15, despite having committed once?

Well, yeah why not?

Yeah a commitment at the age of 14. From what I read and I have read a lot on him. He matured and admitted he rushed his commitment. The sponsored event is to honor some of NC best players and will have a lot of media coverage. Below is a pretty good article where he talks about committing early and de-committing. Pretty impressive young man.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/a-sophomore-who-decommitted/

Last edited by a moderator:
But..but...we have no shot...

Exactly.. Cuse' will not just offer a kid that early, that far away if they didnt think they could land him. He was our first in 2016

Robert Washington
@RDubb_5
Please be honest...where is Cuse on your list?
Cuse is high on my list. I plan to release my list soon and Cuse fans will be very pleased

Lists 3 years ahead of schedule are pretty much pointless IMO, but certainly better to be at the top of the list than not on it.

I have not seen any film posted on him so this is what I found. He catches very well out of the backfield which must get GM excited. Hard runner and has the strength to take it north south yet is fast enough to break it outside. He sees the field well and cuts back if there is a lane available. I didn't see any thing in the way of blocking. Good size for a kid his age, above average speed, hard runner, catches out of the back field well, not super shifty but cuts back well (hips are a little tight), runs a bit high but that can taught (Jerome Smith had the same problem early on) . Reminds me of a young DeAngelo Williams little taller little less quick.

I just found this he made the CBS Sports Maxpreps All American First Team

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=337a989a-06d5-4ab9-8b7d-b7b06557c9d7&page=1
Was checking this for this kid...
DB - Nate Craig, 6-3, 200, Pasco (Dade City, Fla.)
Craig is an absolute freak, and could end up being one of the top recruits in his class.

Nine miles up the road from where I live... Pasco High is our schools biggest rival... haven't beaten them in like six years, but before that it was a great rivalry game. Still gets recognition from the Tampa press. This kid is really looked at more as a receiver than a db; already being recruited by UF and FSU. He was playing most of the season on a bad ankle, still caught a 10 yard slant against us that he took for 60 to beat us this year. He was probably 6 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier, and faster than our db who got to the ball at the same time. This school puts a couple of kids in D1 every year. Also, have a graduate starting for the Pirates in MLB.

Our school has fallen behind them due to redistricting with a new high school that opened 7-8 years ago. We have one grad still playing for the Packers. But we haven't been as successful over the last ten years...

He was suppose to announce his top 15 last week. Anyone know if he did?

He was suppose to announce his top 15 last week. Anyone know if he did?

Not sure but he claims to be attending Junior Days at Syracuse, BC, Penn St, Michigan, Notre Dame, and TCU. Good to know we will actually be having a JR day...even though Washington is a Soph

Not sure but he claims to be attending Junior Days at Syracuse, BC, Penn St, Michigan, Notre Dame, and TCU. Good to know we will actually be having a JR day...even though Washington is a Soph

I caught that too. Junior Day is for rising Juniors (Soph) and current Juniors. I think we may be doing something like a Junior Day around some basketball games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom