Class of 2016 - RB/S Sam Brodner (IL) Verbal to Wisconsin | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/S Sam Brodner (IL) Verbal to Wisconsin

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
Not sure if there is a thread on this stud 3* RB from state champion and IL powerhouse Glenbard West. He is a 5'11 215 fast, quick and powerful runner who was offered by BGSU and is now looking hard at Iowa, Iowa State and the Cuse. Fits perfectly in HCDB's offensive scheme and would be an awesome pick-up.

Orangejet said:
Not sure if there is a thread on this stud 3* RB from state champion and IL powerhouse Glenbard West. He is a 5'11 215 fast, quick and powerful runner who was offered by BGSU and is now looking hard at Iowa, Iowa State and the Cuse. Fits perfectly in HCDB's offensive scheme and would be an awesome pick-up.

Wonder if we'd have room. Neal and maybe Moran... Fredericks, Strickland, etc.

I'm usually in the "get all the playmakers" you can mode though.

Wonder if we'd have room. Neal and maybe Moran... Fredericks, Strickland, etc.

I'm usually in the "get all the playmakers" you can mode though.
Particularly if he is open to defense.

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/recruiting-news-and-notes-sam-brodner-reopens-recruiting-process

Sam Brodner (RB), Glenbard West

Brodner (5-foot-11, 215 pounds), who was the EDGYTIM.com Player of the Year in Illinois this season, has decommitted from Vanderbilt and reopened his recruiting process.

"I reopened my recruiting," Brodner said. "I just didn't feel that Vanderbilt was the right fit for me anymore. I called up the Vanderbilt coaches about a week ago and told them my decision."

The senior three-star ranked recruit is looking hard at three schools and plans to take official visits to all three.

"I've been talking to the coaches at Illinois, Syracuse and also Iowa," Brodner said. "I have offers now from both Illinois and Syracuse and Iowa is very interested but they haven't offered me a scholarship yet. The coaches from all three colleges have been in my school this month and they also made in home visits. I haven't set up any official visit dates just yet but I'm hoping to get that done soon. I want to visit all three schools ."

Last edited:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...rep-foot-brodner-decommit-20151216-story.html

600x338

70x70

Mike HelfgotContact ReporterChicago Tribune

Sam Brodner had reservations about Vanderbilt since his official visit to the school in October, only he kept them to himself.

Illinois is now in the running for the Glenbard West running back and Chicago Tribune Player of the Year in 2015 after Brodner informed Vanderbilt he is returning to the recruiting market.

"I just want to take another look at other schools and see what my options are," said Brodner, who rushed for 1,917 yards and scored 47 touchdowns in leading Glenbard West to a 14-0 record and the Class 7A title.

"I went to visit and I didn't think (Vanderbilt) was the place for me anymore. I didn't want to think about it or analyze it until after the season."

Brodner said he plans to take official visits to Illinois and Syracuse, and possibly Iowa, in January.

Illinois was the only major-conference program to offer at the time of his verbal commitment to Vanderbilt in June. Brodner said last week that current Illinois head coach and then-offensive coordinator Bill Cubit was more involved in his recruitment than ex-coach Tim Beckman.

Mike Helfgot is a freelance reporter for the Chicago Tribune

I live about 5 minutes from GB-W, this would be a great get. I'll throw some oranges in his front lawn.

Check out the his run in the snow at the 1:30 for it reminds me of a few games that were played at Archbold in the day.

Nice, that's a great high school. About 30 mins north of where I live.

I don't think they were that good, but one of their QBs got a schollie to Vandy and an OL just got signed by the Giants off of their practice squad.

Did we just find our Christian McCaffrey? If we get this kid, he needs to stay on offense. Neal might be best suited to play on the outside anyway

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...rep-foot-brodner-decommit-20151216-story.html

600x338

Mike HelfgotContact ReporterChicago Tribune

Sam Brodner had reservations about Vanderbilt since his official visit to the school in October, only he kept them to himself.

Illinois is now in the running for the Glenbard West running back and Chicago Tribune Player of the Year in 2015 after Brodner informed Vanderbilt he is returning to the recruiting market.

"I just want to take another look at other schools and see what my options are," said Brodner, who rushed for 1,917 yards and scored 47 touchdowns in leading Glenbard West to a 14-0 record and the Class 7A title.

"I went to visit and I didn't think (Vanderbilt) was the place for me anymore. I didn't want to think about it or analyze it until after the season."

Brodner said he plans to take official visits to Illinois and Syracuse, and possibly Iowa, in January.

Illinois was the only major-conference program to offer at the time of his verbal commitment to Vanderbilt in June. Brodner said last week that current Illinois head coach and then-offensive coordinator Bill Cubit was more involved in his recruitment than ex-coach Tim Beckman.

Mike Helfgot is a freelance reporter for the Chicago Tribune
Did Frodo Baggins put on 50lbs and become a star running back in Illinois after returning to the Shire?

Did we just find our Christian McCaffrey? If we get this kid, he needs to stay on offense. Neal might be best suited to play on the outside anyway
I'm sure you've watched all of his highlight videos and that's why you're making this comparison...

Or (more likely) maybe you made it because he's white.

I'm glad we're not setting the expectations too high.

Sorry PC Principal.

And what can I say, my expectations are high. I haven't been this excited about SU football in a while

Glen Ellyn, IL---I live in Lombard, IL which is the next town over.
I lived on Pleasant Lane in Lombard in the late 50's. It was a great place to grow up. Good schools, great community recreational activities all year long. It's grown up since then. The corn field on the south side of Pleasant Lane is now apartment buildings. We all hated leaving.

Sorry PC Principal.

And what can I say, my expectations are high. I haven't been this excited about SU football in a while
You PC, bro? I'm PC, Arizona State.

But in all honesty I really like this kid, definitely looks like a big time player. If we miss on Moran (or even if we don't), I wouldn't mind landing him. If we get some of these RB prospects that we're after right now, in addition to our current RBs, it could make our backfield something special in the coming years.

Wegher reminds me more of McCaffrey than Brodner. Not that I don't like him...he seems to be more of a pure RB than an all-purpose back.