Class of 2016 - RB/S Sam Brodner (IL) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/S Sam Brodner (IL) Verbal to Wisconsin

IMO, Sam is a serious talent when you combine his physical tools with his relentless football nature. In Sam you have a young athlete who I see as a program builder!
Sam we'd love to see you wearing Syracuse Orange next season!

sam brodner 940.png

otto 3e95bf7bfbb69eeccf888427d8d6093b.jpg

yeah, maybe so. i have a feeling that strickland in babers offense (no matter where he plays) is going to leave people wondering why he didn't play more last year. i'm really looking forward to the new staff's evaluation of what we have here.
I think we're going to think that about a lot of guys.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ep-fb-recruiting-notebook-20160104-story.html

Brodner planning visits:
Glenbard West senior running back Sam Brodner is experiencing life back in the crazy world of recruiting since decommitting from Vanderbilt in mid-December. Brodner enjoyed a fruitful senior season, rushing for 1,917 yards and scoring 47 total touchdowns to lead Glenbard West to an undefeated season and the Class 7A state title.

Brodner, the Chicago Tribune Player of the Year, said his recruiting is pretty much the same as when he committed to Vanderbilt in June.

"My recruiting really hasn't changed that much, just some bigger schools," he said. "Wisconsin has been expressing interest."

Brodner said he's interested in taking official visits to Syracuse, Illinois and Wisconsin in January.

Could be the reason why the other kid switched to UCF.

This kid is really good.

Could be the reason why the other kid switched to UCF.

This kid is really good.
Just going by video, l liked the UCF commit as my fave RB recruit with this kid a close second.

Id rather have him as safety as I see that as more of a position of need. Considering Babers is an offensive minded coach, if he comes here it'll probably be as a RB.

Just going by video, l liked the UCF commit as my fave RB recruit with this kid a close second.
I'm just the opposite. I really like this kid especially if his 40 time and reported size are accurate.

I'm just the opposite. I really like this kid especially if his 40 time and reported size are accurate.

As long as we get at least one of Brodner and/or Moran, we should be in pretty good shape w/ RB's.

Id rather have him as safety as I see that as more of a position of need. Considering Babers is an offensive minded coach, if he comes here it'll probably be as a RB.

Not sure if he has the physical profile of a safety, he is built like a German tank. 5'11",215 with straight line speed and power belongs on the offensive side.

One of my buddies whose kids go to same school district says this kid is the real deal.

Yep. This kid is an ideal fit for Babers system. They do a lot of running between the tackles so it's nice to have a little bit of a bigger back. Perfect size and speed. Him and Hamilton were 1a and 1b in my mind, but give the edge to Bodner because of his size.

Yep. This kid is an ideal fit for Babers system. They do a lot of running between the tackles so it's nice to have a little bit of a bigger back. Perfect size and speed. Him and Hamilton were 1a and 1b in my mind, but give the edge to Bodner because of his size.
Any feelings on whether we get him or not?

From everything that is out there it's looking pretty good, but I think a lot will depend on what Wisconsin does.
Yep. Wisky offers were done. Also be a bit concerned if he goes to IL next week. Local school with local stakeholders

He is apparently retweeting and favoriting Wisconsin stuff. While still visiting Cuse. Me thinks that is a bad sign

Brodner is 99% Wisconsin bound with Madison only about a 2 hr drive from where he lives. UW has lots of clout in IL and I can easily name 10 bars in Chicago that are packed with Badger fans every football and hoops game. Hoping the Cuse can get Moran to flip but I did like Brodner a lot. Should the Cuse break out #44 for Brodner?

Brodner is 99% Wisconsin bound with Madison only about a 2 hr drive from where he lives. UW has lots of clout in IL and I can easily name 10 bars in Chicago that are packed with Badger fans every football and hoops game. Hoping the Cuse can get Moran to flip but I did like Brodner a lot. Should the Cuse break out #44 for Brodner?
No. That was Shafers crusade.

Also Brodner isn't that level of 'special' that we should be giving out 44 before he steps on campus.

It will be a while (if ever) that we see Dino consider handing out 44. I doubt he even truly understands what 44 means just yet. He's barely been here a month after all.

No. That was Shafers crusade.

Also Brodner isn't that level of 'special' that we should be giving out 44 before he steps on campus.

It will be a while (if ever) that we see Dino consider handing out 44. I doubt he even truly understands what 44 means just yet. He's barely been here a month after all.

He is an African American college football coach who is older than 25. I feel confident that he has a pretty damn good idea about what 44 means.

That being said I agree...I don't think he is necessarily the recruit you offer 44 to.

Last edited: