Class of 2016 - RB/S Sam Brodner (IL) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/S Sam Brodner (IL) Verbal to Wisconsin

He is an African American college football coach who is older than 25. I feel confident that he has a pretty damn good idea about what 44 means.

That being said I agree...I don't think he is necessarily the recruit you offer 44 to.

Who has been a part of SU culture for a month. Dude may respect 44 and know about it, but I doubt he truly understands what it means to Syracuse the university and the city until you have been here for a while. We changed the damn zip code for goodness sakes. Most people who haven't spent a portion of their life here don't truly get that about us.

He will, I just doubt he understands what it all means in just one month here.

Who has been a part of SU culture for a month. Dude may respect 44 and know about it, but I doubt he truly understands what it means to Syracuse the university and the city until you have been here for a while. We changed the damn zip code for goodness sakes. Most people who haven't spent a portion of their life here don't truly get that about us.

I agree with this. He knows what it represents but he's only experienced it and lived it for a month now. Cuse fans are crazy about that number. He will find out soon.

Brodner is 99% Wisconsin bound with Madison only about a 2 hr drive from where he lives. UW has lots of clout in IL and I can easily name 10 bars in Chicago that are packed with Badger fans every football and hoops game. Hoping the Cuse can get Moran to flip but I did like Brodner a lot. Should the Cuse break out #44 for Brodner?

UW is more represented out at Bars than all of Illinois colleges combined. The Scony class already has 23 dudes committed with them asking for players to greyshirt. Just sayin'

Oh to be one of those schools that can just jump in at the 11th hr. Can't imagine how teams in the MAC feel.

I, for one, think the 44 thing is way overrated and could even lead to team dissention singling out one golden boy when there might be others on the squad thinking they may be worthy. Also, it waters down what those greats did in the past when a number is un-retired. Geeez, we only have one great football number!...keep in symbolic, throw it on a patch, in the rafters, on tee shirts. End of story.

I, for one, think the 44 thing is way overrated and could even lead to team dissention singling out one golden boy when there might be others on the squad thinking they may be worthy. Also, it waters down what those greats did in the past when a number is un-retired. Geeez, we only have one great football number!...keep in symbolic, throw it on a patch, in the rafters, on tee shirts. End of story.
LOL