Class of 2018 - RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Stevie Scott III (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers/Verbal to Indiana

As stated earlier in this thread, he apparently didn't do much on the camp/combine circuit last Summer outside of BC & SU with CBA teammates. Looks like he'll be more active this year. Watching him multiple times, I believe his future is at LB.

As stated earlier in this thread, he apparently didn't do much on the camp/combine circuit last Summer outside of BC & SU with CBA teammates. Looks like he'll be more active this year. Watching him multiple times, I believe his future is at LB.

Would agree with you on LB

6'1" 220lbs.
Kids already an animal.

So have we cleared up whether we offered him or not? Jerry/Crystal ball says we have.

Stevie Scott is One to Watch | Otto's Grove

mentions above 6' and has 4.5 speed.

He stated that the Pitt offer was his third and he already had a BC and Maine offer. My math says no SU offer.
This one baffles me. Scott has arguably been the best player in CNY the last two seasons. Barring injury, I'm sure he'll totally dominate his senior year.

Makes me wonder if there are others issues not related to his FB prowess. It's going to suck if we don't offer and this kid lights it up at Pitt or BC.

I think it all depends where the staff projects him at the next level and if they have players rated higher from say Florida, Ohio or wherever then so be it. I don't think Dino is too concerned where he gets the talent. They are obviously aware of him as he has visited, maybe they are waiting for him to camp, I don't know.

I am a CBA grad, wish the kid best of luck wherever he goes. at the end of the day, just get the kids you feel are best for the program no matter where they are from.

I'm just as puzzled. Staff is taking their time on him. I wonder if they think he would instantly commit if offered. They might think they can get him at anytime. They better be careful.
Good points.

I wonder if the staff would offer SSIII if he is 100% certain that SU is where he wanted to be? Maybe they're worried about the appearance of offering a local kid only to have him go elsewhere.

With that said, I'm sure that the staff and SSIII have had a running dialogue. I really, really like this player and hope he stays home to play.

Good points.

I wonder if the staff would offer SSIII if he is 100% certain that SU is where he wanted to be? Maybe they're worried about the appearance of offering a local kid only to have him go elsewhere.

With that said, I'm sure that the staff and SSIII have had a running dialogue. I really, really like this player and hope he stays home to play.

Which is better offering a kid and having him go elsewhere, or not offering and watching him go elsewhere. Either way a top talent in CNY goes elsewhere. If he blows up we look bad either way, but we look far worse if we never offered him IMO

Which is better offering a kid and having him go elsewhere, or not offering and watching him go elsewhere. Either way a top talent in CNY goes elsewhere. If he blows up we look bad either way, but we look far worse if we never offered him IMO

Offer him, he literally said he'd like the idea of playing ball at home. You give him an offer on a silver platter.

I'm just as puzzled. Staff is taking their time on him. I wonder if they think he would instantly commit if offered. They might think they can get him at anytime. They better be careful.
I really like SS, one of the only sure fire prospects in Sec. III. And, I do think that he's the only RB worth consideration locally as well. I'd bring him aboard.

That being said, I don't think he's a can't miss, and I'm not sure you offer him if he's not at the top of your board.

I do completely agree with you that if they play with fire they're gonna get burned.

The kid from BVille has an offer.
I saw, there will be more... Probably 4-5 total... Not for Syracuse, but, D-1 (not just P-5)... IMO though, SS is the best Sec. 3 has to offer next year.

I would not be surprised if he wound up at Pitt if Shafer winds up there. Seen the kid play quite a bit and sure he's bigger faster stronger than everybody else, I think he can contribute at the next level for sure to what extent, who knows but if he lived in Ohio nobody would really care, he would be 1 of 100 recruits with offers from BC, Syracuse, Pitt.

I think his visit went well enough last weekend where he may have committed on the spot if we offered.
Any reason why you think the staff hasn't offered yet? Thinking maybe what Money has alluded to in previous post up above. I really, really liked his film.

Any reason why you think the staff hasn't offered yet? Thinking maybe what Money has alluded to in previous post up above. I really, really liked his film.
Genuinely no idea. I'm a firm proponent of system fit though so if they don't think he fits I'm ok with it. However, I'm not worried as he's a 2018 kid and the staff might just want to see how he camps or see how he stacks up to other RBs they are recruiting. I assume he'll get an offer at some point.