Class of 2016 - RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska

Recruiting services don't know everything, and I don't want to be a negative nancy, but if he is such a freak, then why only 3 stars?

because recruiting services don't know everything. Dungey 3 stars. Fredericks 3 stars. Clark 3 stars. I think getting Bryant to leave the Midwest will be tough, but man would it be nice.

I think 2 4 7 has Bryant as a four star and in their top 300.

Wonder if that was meant to be off the record since coaches can't comment on recruits.

Wonder if that was meant to be off the record since coaches can't comment on recruits.

uh oh, that would be a violation. He has his press conference this morning so it appears that info could have come from the presser. Maybe he gave a vague non answer that could be interpreted as a Yes..

The dude got invited to The Opening based on his freakish athleticism. He has one of the best SPARQ scores of anyone in the country in the class of 2016.

Jek any insight on this one?

He was asked the question "I understand you can't comment on unsigned recruits, but are you recruiting Tre Bryant?"

He replied in the affirmative. ;)

perfect. they just cant mention the name so its all good.

So coach - as a follow up - and again I know you can't mention names, but do you see Tre Bryant starting from day one?

n/m, didn't see the other recent responses. This is good news.

Jek any insight on this one?
Not really. I've always felt like he was going to stay in the midwest. He's visiting Nebraska this weekend on an OV. Just a gut feeling that it's an uphill battle, but not an unwinnable one.

Recruiting services don't know everything, and I don't want to be a negative nancy, but if he is such a freak, then why only 3 stars?

There is a difference between athletic freaks and elite football players. Tre Bryant is an athletic freak with one of the highest sparq ratings (these measure pure athleticism) in the country. He isn't an elite football player right now, but if he develops into the great player he is capable of being he will be considered one of the best players in college football, and a future NFL athlete, I have no doubts.

But right now, from what I know (which is admittedly limited) he is great in space, but doesn't have the elite vision and running ability of a kid like Moe Neal.

Honestly you can look at it like most of the basketball recruits we bring in, they are elite athletes with exceptional size at are still learning the game. When they figure it out they become amazing ball players (see Rak last year), if they only kind of sort of figure it out, you get guys like James Southerland. In the end, you get a strong player, with a chance to be a star. But they aren't top elite prospects because they don't have the technique down yet. When they get it, they have every opportunity to become some of the best in the country because they are freak athletes unlike just about anyone else in the country.

That sucks. You guys already took Ozigbo, you had to take Bryant as well?

Coaches should've been on this kid the moment they knew RW wasn't coming here. They knew a month before he announced. But I think they like the RB from Illinois better he seems like the logical fit same running style as RW and he plays against better competition.

Coaches should've been on this kid the moment they knew RW wasn't coming here. They knew a month before he announced. But I think they like the RB from Illinois better he seems like the logical fit same running style as RW and he plays against better competition.
They think they have a realistic shot at Moran, which is the big difference. And frankly, I think they probably knew that Bryant was never actually going to leave the Midwest. That seemed abundantly clear from the start.

They think they have a realistic shot at Moran, which is the big difference. And frankly, I think they probably knew that Bryant was never actually going to leave the Midwest. That seemed abundantly clear from the start.

I don't understand why people could even be slightly up in arms about this. The comment above about the staff (an obvious pot shot trying to tie the staff to this) is fuggin hilarious. A week ago this kid was committed to K State.

That's probably true. Didn't he play with Clayton? Or at least for the same school.

Wish we could flip Tre Bryant.

Random sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom