Class of 2016 - RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard

5'10" 191
Christian Bros College HS

Offers from MAC schools, Indiana, Kansas, Kstate, Missouri, UNLC

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw the title and the offer to a rb, I cringed thinking that the staff is already preparing to miss out on Washington. After watching the tape, he seems like he is more of an athlete that they want at the HB position. Much in the mold of Estime but reminds me more of Philips shifty and deceptively quick.

When I saw the title and the offer to a rb, I cringed thinking that the staff is already preparing to miss out on Washington. After watching the tape, he seems like he is more of an athlete that they want at the HB position. Much in the mold of Estime but reminds me more of Philips shifty and deceptively quick.

This was my thoughts exactly, but I agree his tape is impressive.

I wonder if we are recruiting him as something other than a RB now that RW is in the fold and we are only taking one. At his size I could see him as a DB for sure, but who knows.:noidea:

money3189 said:
Could be for the Hybrid Back position but I can pitcure Moe Neal in that role.
that was my thought as well and the reason I thought db.

Who mentioned the "only taking one RB in this class" thing or is it pure speculation?

Washington has been quoted saying that's what the coaches told him.
Thanks jek

I'd imagine this kid is getting recruited as an Athlete, not specifically a RB. I don't see why we'd only bring in 1 RB, even if that was a promise made to RW. It's a fickle position and depth is necessary. This kid looks like he could contribute to a team in a number of ways, not just at RB.

The reason we told him only 1 "true" RB is because his freshman year we will have, assuming all 3 freshman qualify and make it here this year, 2 seniors, 3 sophomores and RW as a freshman. That doesn't even take into account the H-backs who will probably be lining up in the backfield. 6 RB is plenty, we will probably take 2 in 2017 to make up for the loss of Morris and McFarlane.

I'm a bit surprised by us in his top 5. Nice development and 2nd highest sparq rating nationally is no joke.

Gotta bring in a huge number of athletes. Bringing in literally the biggest athletic freak of them all (ok second biggest) would be just fine by me.

Yeah if this kid wants in you take him but just not at RB because that is Washington's. If he is an athlete put him at slot or move him to safety, an athlete this good can adjust and adjust well.

Yeah if this kid wants in you take him but just not at RB because that is Washington's. If he is an athlete put him at slot or move him to safety, an athlete this good can adjust and adjust well.
What will/could be nice is that, 2 years from now, a Senior SwErv Phillips, RW, and Tre Bryant... You can do split backs from under center and have Erv in motion for a sweep... that would be something, but you need the OL to be top notch. Really would love to see this offense get most of its yardage on the ground. No better way to demoralize an opponent

This kid is of the football subspecies athletico ridiculoso. You take him. End of list. You can pencil him in as an upgrade at 8 different positions...no brainer.

Jeez, first time I've looked at his video. That kid has great vision and quick feet. We need to offer some of his WR buddies just for their blocking.

So elusive and so damn fast... Bryant would be an awesome get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom