Class of 2016 - RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska

I will be ecstatic if Bryant commits, but it's clear that it's for the hybrid role... AS THE HYBRID CARRIES THE BALL often in Lester's offense too!!

F Bailey, seriously.

I think there's a good shot in 2 years we'll have Mo and RW or Tre and RW lining up together frequently.

I will be ecstatic if Bryant commits, but it's clear that it's for the hybrid role... AS THE HYBRID CARRIES THE BALL often in Lester's offense too!!

F Bailey, seriously.

I think there's a good shot in 2 years we'll have Mo and RW or Tre and RW lining up together frequently.
I think there's a good shot we have all three of them lining up.

I mean, I like Bailey. I genuinely do. We've had nothing but great interactions. But I don't understand that tweet at all. I just don't get what the purpose is other than to add some pessimism.

If? If you could just once forget the if Bailey. Did you hear something or did you make it up. Is this what you are wishing for? Is this for clicks for your putrid rag?

And people think our fans are bad on Twitter when a kid goes elsewhere. Look at some of the comment from Mizzou fans. I don't even think he has a committable offer there and they're hammering him.

I mean, I like Bailey. I genuinely do. We've had nothing but great interactions. But I don't understand that tweet at all. I just don't get what the purpose is other than to add some pessimism.
Keeping the boss happy maybe? Don't know, not in the biz, but that's the only thing I can come up with as he seems to actually like this team, but who knows. I've learned not to judge others without knowing the whole story so I'll just keep rooting for the guys who want to make this a winning team and ignore the pessimism.

I think the thing they forget is that they are still journalists even when they are just writing tweets. They should review and self edit every time they post just like an article. Just the facts ma'am. If you're going to float something like that, then you need to add a note, though not expected, personal opinion, or etc.

Think of the sets SU could run a combo of Erv, Bryant, Neal or Washington. Talk about picking your poison.

Keeping the boss happy maybe? Don't know, not in the biz, but that's the only thing I can come up with as he seems to actually like this team, but who knows. I've learned not to judge others without knowing the whole story so I'll just keep rooting for the guys who want to make this a winning team and ignore the pessimism.

Like national writers, he just assumes that a top 150 kid with all those offers can't possibly stick with SU and will flip. It's annoying as hell and hopefully winning will change that. Plus the PS are muckrakers and encourage it.

Writers / Newspapers around the country are not like this. I don't see It in Orlando with CFU or Tampa with USF. I don't see it in Denver or Boulder.

Who knows maybe it's just the native attitude. Generally negative, disdainful and critical.

Last edited:
Don't forget Strickland.
I feel like strickland will eventually move to defense. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as a return guy this year if he doesn't redshirt.

I think the thing they forget is that they are still journalists even when they are just writing tweets. They should review and self edit every time they post just like an article. Just the facts ma'am. If you're going to float something like that, then you need to add a note, though not expected, personal opinion, or etc.
Only so many characters, can't qualify everything you write in one tweet.

Wonder what new AD Coyle is thinking about all the negativity coming from Syr.com? I understand about last years well-deserved negative reporting but this is a new season and there should be more positive articles...at least a few!

Free Article..

http://www.At their request, this n...te./college/football/recruiting/story/1560088

Derek YoungRecruiting Reporter
Tre Bryant is one of the best prospects in Missouri, and has a handful of schools to decide from when it comes time to make his college choice.

Bryant has narrowed his list of top eight schools to five.

"My top five is Kansas State, Northwestern, Minnesota, Syracuse, and Kansas," he said. "I decided on those five after taking all my visits. I got to see what they offered, and what I could bring to their program."

"I left off Missouri because I felt it wasn't the best fit for me as a student-athlete," Bryant added. "It was a hard decision. Sometimes you don't co-exist with the school's vibe. That was the case for me with Missouri. That was the main thing. It was outside of football, and a tough decision I had to make."

Kansas State has been the constant, along with Missouri, in Bryant's recruitment. He shared what has kept the Wildcats around.

"I love the environment of the school," he commented. "The atmosphere of the school is great. I love how great the coaches and players are to me. I've spoken with Dalvin Warmack. It's just a great fit for me socially. There aren't any setbacks. I'm working on taking another visit there, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to squeeze it in before the season."

Another program that has been in the mix for Bryant's services for quite a while is Northwestern. His draw to the Big Ten program in Evanston has a lot to do with what they have to bring to the table off the field.

"I love the academic portion of Northwestern," he pointed out. "They have a lot to offer in that regard. They set you up for life after football even if the NFL isn't in your future. The academic prestige is amazing. It would be a 40-year decision if I chose to go there, and not just a 4 year one."

Christian Brothers College HS / 5'9.5" / 194 lbs
  • PositionRB
  • RB Rank81
  • Interest13
Analysis
Running back Tre Bryant is one of the elite share of athletes invited to Nike's The Opening Finals in Oregon during July. He's a tremendous tester, posting one of the top SPARQ scores in the nation. He has the size, strength, power, explosion, and speed. A lot of that should carry over to the running back position, but he needs to develop a bit more patience and vision.

His visit to New York was a positive one in terms of his thoughts on the Orange.

"I really liked my visit to Syracuse," Bryant stated. "The atmosphere was great. They're trying to turn the program around, and give it a new direction. Coach Schaffer is passionate, as is Coach Smith, my area recruiter. I talk to Coach Smith a lot. I've been able to pick his brain. I could make a lot of plays for them in the open field. Their academics are up there with Northwestern in prestige."

With his high school teammate Lamar Anderson possibly landing in Lawerence to play with Kansas, the Jayhawks are an enticing option as well.

"The main thing for Kansas is the opportunity that exists to play with Lamar again," Bryant explained. "I would be able to go in there and make an early impact. I could step in and help them rebuild immediately. I could help them get back on their feet."

The Gophers jumped in with an offer much later than other programs, and he has yet to visit the Big Ten school, but they have instantly shot up his favorites.

"I have a lot of research left to do on them," Bryant admitted about Minnesota. "I love the way their offense is set up. They run the ball a lot in the Big Ten. It's a great atmosphere with good coaches. I've spoken with a couple of their 2016 commitments. I'm going to be teammates with Carter Coughlin at The Opening in Oregon. I will talk to him a lot, pick his brain, and find out why he chose Minnesota."

"I might visit Minnesota for their BBQ," he continued. "If not, I'll definitely take an official visit there. They have made a big impact on me already. I've spoken with Coach Kill. He likes me as a playmaker and wants to get the ball in my hands in multiple ways. Other than, I'm done with visits this summer."

Bryant discussed what the rest of his recruitment could look like moving forward.

"The next step is the official visits," he noted. "If I feel comfortable enough with a school, I could commit before. There's always that possibility. There isn't a set timetable. I'm looking for a place that I can fit in on a daily basis outside of football. I want to fit in with the offensive philosophy, too, and go somewhere with a strong academic side."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom