Class of 2016 - RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tre Bryant (MO) Verbal to Nebraska

Full speed ahead on Neal

"I like being a running back. Staying at running back is a big deal to me. I wanted to be a feature back. I would play elsewhere if needed, but it's a plus to stay in the backfield."

- Bryant, to Skowt. As long as we were recruiting him as a hybrid we never had a realistic shot anyway. On to Moe, full speed ahead.

"I like being a running back. Staying at running back is a big deal to me. I wanted to be a feature back. I would play elsewhere if needed, but it's a plus to stay in the backfield."

- Bryant, to Skowt. As long as we were recruiting him as a hybrid we never had a realistic shot anyway. On to Moe, full speed ahead.

That's the closure i sought

The kid is going to be good... Any other year this would have been a big lose to have someone this interested go someplace else. But he knew that Washington would have been put in front of him from day one and the staff wanted Moe more than they wanted him. Moe's recruiting affect is much larger.

Bryant made that comment to scout? that as long as we recruited him for the hybrid position we never had a shot?
kinda contradicts an article on him like 5 days ago "Tre Bryant sees good fit at SU footballs hybrid position".

If the kid came in and was the real deal and warranted being a featured back, i bet he would find his way there.

jekelish said:
"I like being a running back. Staying at running back is a big deal to me. I wanted to be a feature back. I would play elsewhere if needed, but it's a plus to stay in the backfield." - Bryant, to Skowt. As long as we were recruiting him as a hybrid we never had a realistic shot anyway. On to Moe, full speed ahead.

Wonder if he'll change his mind after seeing Erv the Swerve rack up points, yds, and TD's I. The hybrid.

Bryant made that comment to . . . . . ? that as long as we recruited him for the hybrid position we never had a shot?
kinda contradicts an article on him like 5 days ago "Tre Bryant sees good fit at SU footballs hybrid position".
I think there is a difference between seeing yourself as a fit, and it being what you want.

I think there is a difference between seeing yourself as a fit, and it being what you want.
if its not what you want, you wouldn't say its a good fit...

if its not what you want, you wouldn't say its a good fit...
Well I can say I would be an excellent fit working as a Geologist, but that's not at all what I want to do, yet I know I'd be very good at it. I have the skills necessary to be successful at said job, but I personally don't want that job, I'm plenty happy with the job I actually have.

So fundamentally I disagree with your premise.

Better hope KSU gets him to league because that degree ain't worth shite.
Disagree with you here. I work for a major corp and know several individuals who graduated from K-State that are in senior positions and all are super die-hard Wildcat fanatics.

Well I can say I would be an excellent fit working as a Geologist, but that's not at all what I want to do, yet I know I'd be very good at it. I have the skills necessary to be successful at said job, but I personally don't want that job, I'm plenty happy with the job I actually have.

So fundamentally I disagree with your premise.

that is a good argument, and I do see your side, I however respectfully disagree with your side of the argument. If you are happy with the Job (RB) that you have would never interview for a different Job (Hybrid). Since these visits are like interviews and scholarships are like job offers, If you would be an excellent fit as a Geologist but that is not at all what you want to do, would you go on an interview with a company to be a Geologist? not at all, you would only go if you had legitimate interest in that position to do that as a job. The same thing applies here, Bryant knew he was being recruited as hybrid, went on his interview, had great things to say about the company, had his job offer in hand for that position, to turn around and say we never had a shot because we recruited him as a hybrid is short sighted.

Have to figure the KState coaches helped him figure that out. Curious it happened during the dead period though.

Disagree with you here. I work for a major corp and know several individuals who graduated from K-State that are in senior positions and all are super die-hard Wildcat fanatics.

The only KSU grads I ever ran into were in manufacturing and union types. Not sure what good programs they have ... any idea?

Pre
that is a good argument, and I do see your side, I however respectfully disagree with your side of the argument. If you are happy with the Job (RB) that you have would never interview for a different Job (Hybrid). Since these visits are like interviews and scholarships are like job offers, If you would be an excellent fit as a Geologist but that is not at all what you want to do, would you go on an interview with a company to be a Geologist? not at all, you would only go if you had legitimate interest in that position to do that as a job. The same thing applies here, Bryant knew he was being recruited as hybrid, went on his interview, had great things to say about the company, had his job offer in hand for that position, to turn around and say we never had a shot because we recruited him as a hybrid is short sighted.
I'm pretty sure we had a shot. He liked alot about the school, staff and program. The kid seemed very likeable. He also stated affirmatively he wants to be a feature back. We didnt pitch that to him due to RW. I believe he saw a better fit for himself at KSU. Maybe he's getting the RW treatment there and he's being promised he'll be that guy for them. Top dog.

It's a loss because he's a great player. We just didn't offer him in the position he envisioned himself at in the future.

I just looked it up holy moly they accepted 95.9% of applications in 2013. I feel for the 4.1% denied. Damn I will really be rooting for this kid to make the NFL. My parents would have killed me if I choose a school this lax academically over Northwestern or his other schools.

Reactions: CIL
I believe we still had a shot. I believe that for him he wasn't sure how much other factors would play into his final decision. Maybe he thought the area would be nicer to live in before arriving, or maybe he thought he would trade positional preference for a better academic institution. Al are valid reasons for attending the 'interview' as you put it, and then at the end of the day he decided that those other things that made other opportunities attractive didn't matter to him as much as being the lead back like Kstate is convincing him he will be.

He's another one I expect we stay in touch with and try very hard to change his mind closer to signing day, especially if Neal decides to go elsewhere (OrangeNation forbid)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom