Class of 2016 - RB Tyler Thompson (NJ) Verbal to UMass | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tyler Thompson (NJ) Verbal to UMass

According to TOS, Thompson loved his visit. We're leading now.

I watched his HUDL highlights, there's a lot to like. One thing I noticed about how he runs - and maybe I'm crazy here - but he seems to move very efficiently. By that I mean some young kids are fast but kinda run flailing, with long strides, etc...but Thompson runs with quick, fairly compact strides, not a lot of arm movement, just very, well efficient. Kind of like Walter Reyes in that regard.

Big Red Football @OT_Football · Feb 27
Tyler Thompson and Kenny Pickett have been invited to compete among the country's best at the Rovals Camp Series provided by Under Armour.

I'd be curious to know if we would take him before Robert Washington decides. I'd assume if Washington says yes, he is bringing Mo Neal with him, and would we really take 3 backs in back to back classes?

I'd be curious ton now if we would take him before Robert Washington decides. I'd assume if Washington says yes, he is bringing Mo Neal with him, and would we really take 3 backs in back to back classes?

He said he is being recruited as H-Back. I'm sure we would take him if he wanted to commit.

He said he is being recruited as H-Back. I'm sure we would take him if he wanted to commit.
Wasn't that what we are looking at Neal for (in terms of ways to get him on the field with Washington) as a fanbase and not necessarily what the coaches would employ?

Wasn't that what we are looking at Neal for (in terms of ways to get him on the field with Washington) as a fanbase and not necessarily what the coaches would employ?
No, I think he means that Thompson is being recruited as an H-back. That's what Thompson told TOS.

Kids can always take a redshirt year.

No, I think he means that Thompson is being recruited as an H-back. That's what Thompson told TOS.
Yes I got that. Weren't fans speculating that we could put Moe Neal in the same role as Erv as the slot/h-back in order to get him on the same field as Washington?

Which would mean thompson is in the same role as Neal?

As I said that role for Neal is 100% fan speculation though.

Either way Thompson can play, and I'd love to have him. I'm just curious if the staff would hold him off till Washington says yay or nay if he want to pull the trigger. I'd assume he doesn't in the next month anyways as most won't, but it was just a question.

Yes I got that. Weren't fans speculating that we could put Moe Neal in the same role as Erv as the slot/h-back in order to get him on the same field as Washington?

Which would mean thompson is in the same role as Neal?

As I said that role for Neal is 100% fan speculation though.

Either way Thompson can play, and I'd love to have him. I'm just curious if the staff would hold him off till Washington says yay or nay if he want to pull the trigger. I'd assume he doesn't in the next month anyways as most won't, but it was just a question.
Gotcha - misunderstood your post.

My feeling is this: we've been starved for offensive playmakers for so long that, if you can get some, take them. Figure out how to play them all later, but take them.

Yes but two in the same class after 3 Hbs of which at least one will likely slide into that utility player role? Seems like overkill. But then again it would be nice to have too many guys to get the ball to.

Yes but two in the same class after 3 Hbs of which at least one will likely slide into that utility player role? Seems like overkill. But then again it would be nice to have too many guys to get the ball to.

My feeling is this: we've been starved for offensive playmakers for so long that, if you can get some, take them. Figure out how to play them all later, but take them.
That's the reasoning I came around to in my recent post.

Having too many guys to get the ball in their hands would be a problem we haven't had in a long time

That's how Tebucky Jones ended up at Safety, and number 22 in the draft, he was 3rd or 4th at running back, and moved to defense.

Apply for the DFO job at SU and get paid to actually do this stuff ;)
Ha...I applied for a social media job with SUAD last summer. Never heard from them despite 10+ years experience in sports information and a BOT member as a reference.

Ha...I applied for a social media job with SUAD last summer. Never heard from them despite 10+ years experience in sports information and a BOT member as a reference.

Never hurts to try again.

I assume the BOT member you are referring to is, of course, James D. Kuhn, '70, '72, Vice Chair.

Decided to put this together: http://.com/keep-an-eye-on-garden-state-recruit-tyler-thompson/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom